Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Flag 2

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
How can someone throw out something as big as that by mistake?

I suspect its either rotting away somewhere in the bowels of Withdean or it's been left at an away ground or possibly in someone's boot - but again, it's not something that can slip down the side of the sofa. Whichever, it's a great shame, and assuming we've done everything to find it then I'm all in favour of getting a new one.

As long as arrangements for looking after it - storage, transport to away games, display at home games, insurance, etc - are all in place.

It would fill someone's boot. It has been stored in a hut but the hut was pulled down. It was in a builders bag and someone may have thought it was rubbish when the new seats were being fitted along with the new dressing rooms etc.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Right,

I dont mind organising a search, im not really free to do it this week.
Maybe its a good idea to do it before the mayo game.

I got contact details somewhere for the albion saftey officer, hebberd i think his name was.

Last time i looked was the day before the REMF game.
Checked all the porter cabins behind the away end and by under the learning centre
Checked the hut by the entrance to the family stand
Checked in the changing rooms

Not sure where else to look, but there were only 3 of us looking

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
On Friday, Lord B will check whether it is still where he last saw it. If it does turn up (and thus there's no need to buy another one) I'm sure that it's going to need a thoroughly good clean before it is fit to make an appearance and perhaps some of the donated funds could go towards that?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 535

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How big is your washing machine Roz ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 545

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Get Liz & the gang with the buckets prior to early season games. People would definitely donate for a big f*** off flag.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Get Liz & the gang with the buckets prior to early season games. People would definitely donate for a big f*** off flag.

People have already donated previously for a "big f*** off flag" :D

If we end up with a new flag, what will the design be?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
On Friday, Lord B will check whether it is still where he last saw it. If it does turn up (and thus there's no need to buy another one) I'm sure that it's going to need a thoroughly good clean before it is fit to make an appearance and perhaps some of the donated funds could go towards that?

Great idea, I'm still happy to host it if needs be and the cleaners on the high street does "large" items which I can deal with. Also quite happy to be involved in a search party!!

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Hi from the sunny costa del sol - fing hot, 38 degrees today! Just managed to get on the network of the hotel over the road from the house I'm staying in. Count me in for £50 it the old flags lost. Someone let me know how/when to pay up/.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Right,

I got contact details somewhere for the albion saftey officer, hebberd i think his name was.

It is and if you can't find his number, I have it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 595

As I said collection buckets would have to be approved by BHAFC.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Right,

Richard Hebberd is the guy, contact him on the BHAFC office number. If I can I'll join you before the Mayo game.

As for cleaning it, it was Shankley Seagull who arranged it previously. Don't think he posts on here any more but perhaps Lord Bracknell can access his email address. If not I think I have his phone number somewhere. I know he got it done as a favour from one of his clients, but I'm sure we could pay for it to be cleaned if it is found.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
How can someone throw out something as big as that by mistake?

I suspect its either rotting away somewhere in the bowels of Withdean or it's been left at an away ground or possibly in someone's boot - but again, it's not something that can slip down the side of the sofa. Whichever, it's a great shame, and assuming we've done everything to find it then I'm all in favour of getting a new one.

As long as arrangements for looking after it - storage, transport to away games, display at home games, insurance, etc - are all in place.

I find it hard to believe someone would simply chuck it out. It's bloody heavy for a start and would require a couple of beefy bods to lift and shift it. They most certainly look inside and see what was in the bag, lets hope someone simply tactically relocated it elsewhere in Withers.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 595 and hit a wall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here