Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF DVD: Details inside.

I will keep hold of the master copy Roz.
Why?

Adrie has, apparently, sent you only five copies of the finished product. Who is going to produce more copies?

At least that's what I thought he was saying last week:-

i did say i would copy some, but i ended up only doing 5 and sitting in my room for nearly 2 weeks when they could of been with you.....

Or am I misreading the situation? Has Adrie in fact produced 56 copies?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why?

Adrie has, apparently, sent you only five copies of the finished product. Who is going to produce more copies?

At least that's what I thought he was saying last week:-

Or am I misreading the situation? Has Adrie in fact produced 56 copies?

I got the dvd's with 22 enclosed but they do not seem to work on my 2 dvd players for some reason, dvd's 1-3 are missing and there is no mastercopy. Maybe I am doing something basically wrong, help please AID

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I got the dvd's with 22 enclosed but they do not seem to work on my 2 dvd players for some reason, dvd's 1-3 are missing and there is no mastercopy. Maybe I am doing something basically wrong, help please AID

Are you playing the DVD on a stand-alone DVD player or via your computer, Gareth? Only incompatibilities are not that unusual. Also, a "mastercopy" should be the project files that make up the movie. These files are then exported into whatever the chosen format is. However, in fairness to Adrian, if you don't have Final Cut Express or i-Movie, you'd be unlikely to be able to load this DVD on your computer and find those files and certainly they wouldn't be recognised on a stand alone DVD player.

Also, could someone help me with the basics here - how many DVDs make up the complete movie? Only I've assumed one. How big (in filesize) is the exported project in movie format?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
what was that in English Roz !, I have tried to play it on a stand alone DVD, as to the rest my Brain is too small to understand it

1066gull

1-3 aren't in the package. Sheebo has one and so do I. You should recieve the smaller package with all the essentials within todays

Like I said, look for dvd numbers 4-5 (in the box inside the big box) and they should be two burnt ones. im pretty sure they should be, if they dont work, then they aren't burnt

And they do work on a standalone DVD, i tried it, on two different ones and sheebo can vouch that. they can be copied as well, if you have a DVD-RW and the software, just they are so large it will take a couple of hours to copy the first one, and if you leave it alone, it should take quicker to burn other copies (it did so when i burnt them from iDVD).

----

OK. US, first thing. Find the two DVD's numbered 4 and 5. See if they work, they should do.

Second, do you have a DVD-RW drive? Can you copy DVD's or just CD's?

Answer back when you managed to do those two tasks, then I can write you some instructions to simplify the task.

1066gull

Also, could someone help me with the basics here - how many DVDs make up the complete movie? Only I've assumed one. How big (in filesize) is the exported project in movie format?
Like I said, its huge. Its over 50 minutes long. It will take about 2 hours to render a DVD. Doesn't matter what DVD you copy from, but to simplify it, lets just use the master as they one to copy from.

When you place it in a computer, remembering you have a DVD-RW drive, locate the DVD software on the computer. It is most likely you will have one drive, so you find the copy DVD function in the software, and this may take 2 hours to do so for the first time. Once it is completed, the DVD will automatically eject, and you place a blank DVD in the drive.

Burning should not take as long as the initial copy from the master (probably less than half an hour). Once the DVD is finished burning, it will eject itself and you should place as many as possible to burn. As soon as you close the program, you will have to copy the master copy to the computer again.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
1-3 aren't in the package. Sheebo has one and so do I. You should recieve the smaller package with all the essentials within todays

Like I said, look for dvd numbers 4-5 (in the box inside the big box) and they should be two burnt ones. im pretty sure they should be, if they dont work, then they aren't burnt

And they do work on a standalone DVD, i tried it, on two different ones and sheebo can vouch that. they can be copied as well, if you have a DVD-RW and the software, just they are so large it will take a couple of hours to copy the first one, and if you leave it alone, it should take quicker to burn other copies (it did so when i burnt them from iDVD).

----

OK. US, first thing. Find the two DVD's numbered 4 and 5. See if they work, they should do.

Second, do you have a DVD-RW drive? Can you copy DVD's or just CD's?

Answer back when you managed to do those two tasks, then I can write you some instructions to simplify the task.

If I've had 2 g&T's and a glass of wine am I allowed to say what I think here? ;) :cool:

1066gull

I apologise everyone. I should of burnt at least 20 copies by myself to give US some time. People should have them already by now, and I have failed. I thought it would be quicker handing it straight to Gareth, but I never asked him what his facilities were.

US, it will cost another twenty quid, (10 quid each way) but return the box completely back to me aif you want nd I will get on it ASAP what I should of done 3 and a half weeks ago - which was burn several copies by myself.

I do feel bad about this.

1066gull

Maybe we can talk over the phone about this tomorrow Gareth, could make some sense if I talk when you looked etc. ??

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, I have had no G&Ts, and no wine Tede, and I was just sitting here thinking that this has the potential to turn into the biggest comedy f*** up since Frank Spencer decided to try to join the RAF...

..hope I'm proved wrong, n'all....

1066gull

I'm hopefully talking to Gareth tomorrow to try and get the rest burnt asap to put an end to the whole sorry mess.

TGC

Thanks so much for helping out. I did explain earlier in this thread I didn't burn the amount I should of and felt, it would be better posting it ASAP than sitting in my room.

The second package is the package that should be by Gareth on Thursday. Master and receipts etc.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Here's an idea or several -

1. Can we establish how many copies of the DVD we currently have orders for? That way we know how many need to be burnt since there's no point creating any more copies than there is currently a demand for.

2. Can we agree that spending even more money sending DVDs backwards and forwards between Heathfield and Spielberg Villas is not sensible? Can we also agree that it isn't helpful to expect Gareth to start producing DVDs without the equipment necessary?

and finally...

3. If the current demand for copied DVDs exceeds supply, - which is why knowing the numbers is crucial here - I will now admit to having a fecking great i-Mac AND Final Cut Express and i-Movie. I was also trying to avoid taking this task on but if it is the only sensible and timely way to sort this debacle out, I will do so. For this, I shall require ONE DVD, ideally with the project files on it to be sent to me. If this is, for some reason, an impossible demand, then I'll have a DVD that I can copy.

However, before anyone starts copying things left right and centre, let's establish just how many we are talking about here.

1066gull

1. Can we establish how many copies of the DVD we currently have orders for? That way we know how many need to be burnt since there's no point creating any more copies than there is currently a demand for.

2. Can we agree that spending even more money sending DVDs backwards and forwards between Heathfield and Spielberg Villas is not sensible? Can we also agree that it isn't helpful to expect Gareth to start producing DVDs without the equipment necessary?

and finally...

3. If the current demand for copied DVDs exceeds supply, - which is why knowing the numbers is crucial here - I will now admit to having a fecking great i-Mac AND Final Cut Express and i-Movie. I was also trying to avoid taking this task on but if it is the only sensible and timely way to sort this debacle out, I will do so. For this, I shall require ONE DVD, ideally with the project files on it to be sent to me. If this is, for some reason, an impossible demand, then I'll have a DVD that I can copy.

However, before anyone starts copying things left right and centre, let's establish just how many we are talking about here.
Thank you Roz for trying to sort this out. Gareth has all the blank discs, but I have all the necessary mast4er DVD, reciepts etc. in a smaller package I was gonna post to Gareth, but do you want the smaller pacakge sent to you ASAP. Its got two burnt copies, but no original project files. I was thinking about this, but its so complicated because i have several options on the menu. it will work by copying disc-to-disc, but like i said, the first attempt will take about 2 hours (i.ve tried it), but providing you don't close the application, burning another disc may only take less than half an hour...

1066gull

so, to refine, do you want the package roz, so you can get some sense of it when you actually see it?

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings

and finally...

As I said, hopefully this is in hand. If required, I will collect and deliver the DVD's myself. I have many spare blank DVD's if required and will charge nothing

If there is anything to get off the DVD's that Gareth has then I should be able to do it. After burning hundreds of other FA Cup and the like DVD's I have all of the tools required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here