Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 5 - Friday 12 May 2005

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
It was similar to that Ian Walker thing that happened years ago when he went to collect the ball and it bounced over his head :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Superb evening

One point in the PA Box, I asked a passing palace fan ( who went on to win the teddy bear BTW:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: ) who was the palace keeper so I could read his name out.

He said he didnt know and I whispered, so not as to be heard by the crowd...." ah well justa palace scum..." and karen who was sat outside looked at me horrified and said I could be heard :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

He is a good bloke though and didn't hear me.:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Really enjoyed last night....Kaney is a talented player no doubt. Father Jack played well, Toby was immense as was Sam. In fact everyone played well.....Richie Morris was a sight to behold.

TLO and I shared the MC ing he did the thanks in his normal professional way and I did did the raffell and managed to get the crowd going......" Good game...good game..zzzzzz" Congratulations to all the winners of the prizes and there was no better way to round the evening off with Mrs Eaton winning the signed shirt.

Well done to everyone for coming along. having a great time and spending lots of money. I honestly thought after last year it was time to call it a day and wind it up, but being there last night and the comments made after the event, I can see the reason to keep it going.

Cheers all

MC Dave

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
great night had by all, well done to all the organisers, ricky for coming down from edinburgh again, pretty good turn out too

great game, gutted i got injured and picked up the shooting boots of mccammon for the night.

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE YELLOW MATCHBALL IS PLEASE OWN UP.

Its a yellow total 90 nike ball with blue stripes, cost over £50, and is the match ball of my sunday league team, who let me take it to use for REMF. it has my initials written on it (B.M.) so if you know of its were abouts please PM me

last sighting was with the ball boys after the game, then the floodlights turned off and they ran off with it?

I would love it back, even just to practice my kick ups and shooting over the summer

cheers everyone for making such a great evening, raising over £45k for the charity deserves as huge round of :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thank you please

Brett

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
mendoza10 said:
great night had by all, well done to all the organisers, ricky for coming down from edinburgh again, pretty good turn out too

great game, gutted i got injured and picked up the shooting boots of mccammon for the night.

Its a yellow total 90 nike ball with blue stripes, cost over £50, and is the match ball of my sunday league team, who let me take it to use for REMF. it has my initials written on it (B.M.) so if you know of its were abouts please PM me

last sighting was with the ball boys after the game, then the floodlights turned off and they ran off with it?

I would love it back, even just to practice my kick ups and shooting over the summer

cheers everyone for making such a great evening, raising over £45k for the charity deserves as huge round of :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thank you please

Brett

I know it was given to a Palace fan who was collecting the footballs in and he put it in his bag.Has he nicked?Bloody croydoners:angry: :angry: :angry: :jester:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mendoza10 said:

thank you please

Brett

Just to clarify this was not ASC Striker ball boys as we were leaving then and 6 had already left - checked this morning at training and there was no sign of this ball.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I'm guessing you took that from the programme. I think No.4 was actually Sam Mellor, who posts here as Chesney Christ I think.

For me it was a toss up between him and Toby (no 6). Richie Morris also had a great game, and would have walked the MOM award had he scored that header near the end.

Yes, i was going from the programme - Sam Mellor it is:clap:
Although you are right, the number 6 was talented, Morris had a good game and was bloody unlucky with that header. Kaney has lots of pace.

Good stuff

I've just done a bit of tidying up. All the pre-match threads relating to this year's REMF game have been moved to NSC's special REMF forum.

This one will stay on the Main Board for further post-match contributions.

What a great evening, btw. Congratulations to everyone involved.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Trilby

Mar 10, 2004
Offside
Hello

Thanks for another fun night. We're still a bit gutted to be honest (especially in my household - number 9, Seb, is my brother) because I though we played really well in the first half, but after the break you came at us much more. 1-1 was probably a fair result.

I was personally a bit gutted too at getting injured because I would have loved to have taken a penalty.

Still, it was a good night and all for a very good cause. The banter in the bar afterwards was excellent too and a testimony to two great sets of fans.

Cheers

Trilbs

Sandbag

Jan 12, 2006
Brighton
Great game, thought we deserved the victory, they had the better of it in the opening 20 mins, then we started playing to our strengths, we looked solid at the back and attacked with pace.

I think kaney should be unbanned for his performance :clap:

I honestly can't say anyone didn't have a good game, and they didn't really look like scoring other than the pen. We had numerous other chances to score and often came very close, couple of headers and half chances.

I am also pleased to say most of the players, including ricky marlow, made their way into brighton for post match celebrations.

A great time was had by all in what was another closely contended match, roll on next year!!!

Roz do you have the photos yet??

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Thanks to those of you organising for a job well done.

Can't remember the last time I saw the Albion come back to win from 0-1 down.

Good turn out overall and fair play to the Croydon types who took all the banter in good spirit and gave as good as they got.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Team:

Withdean Wanderer said:
Great game, a splendid evening out - think it was Neil (Kaney) who tucked away the goal. Couldn't hang around for the presentation, but the team looked delighted when the final penalty was ballooned over the bar. Even the missed Brighton penalty forced a bloody good save from the Palace keeper.

My man of the match, the Albion number 4 (ginger haired, Mark Owen - not sure who he is on here).

A good evening all round:clap:

Sam Mellor (me) was number four!

FalmerforAll!** said:
Played quality mate!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thank you.

Can I just give a mention to the blond haired Palace player in midfield, who stopped to help me when I went down with cramp in both legs, despite the fact that we had the ball on the edge of their box with a real chance on goal. Remarkable sportsmanship.

Also special mention to the legend Ricky Marlowe, who played really well and was still out on the piss with me and fatboy at 3am this morning. Put some of you younger players to shame, no names mentioned Toby and Max.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ricky Marlowe played superb and should have scored in the first hakf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here