Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religion is the cause of all problems...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If god created creatures and humans together why didn't they dinosaurs eat us? And why didn't they eat Noah and everything on his ark? Why did the one animal top of the food chain die out before the rest of us? ANSWER ME THAT GOD WORSHIPERS

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bollocks the majority of the world believe in a god! Us NORMAL EDUCATED people know its all waffle.

Educated? You may have gone to school, or college, or university, you mave have learned some stuff, but to me you don't come across as educated. But carry on.

In most religions the belief is that God forgives all who enter into his kingdom, so at least, no matter what you THINK, you could be accepted into heaven one day. And for those billions that do believe, they will take comfort in this too.

If it helps, this is some information I found on the web, which I believe to be fairly true. Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01% of the world population, and non-religious a further 16% of the world population, that leaves a lot who do in fact believe.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I think that what puts it in perspective for me is that the universe was formed 13.8 billion years ago, the earth came into existence 4.5 billion years ago and civilised man emerged approximately 7000 years ago. We are a mere blip in the timescale of the universe and indeed the earth and are totally insignificant in the scheme of things. In a thousand years the human race will probably be extinct and forgotten.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Educated? You may have gone to school, or college, or university, you mave have learned some stuff, but to me you don't come across as educated. But carry on.

In most religions the belief is that God forgives all who enter into his kingdom, so at least, no matter what you THINK, you could be accepted into heaven one day. And for those billions that do believe, they will take comfort in this too.

If it helps, this is some information I found on the web, which I believe to be fairly true. Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01% of the world population, and non-religious a further 16% of the world population, that leaves a lot who do in fact believe.

Come on then Phil tell me what you think god is and try and persuade me science is wrong..

im not religious you moron

Neither am I, I am what people call Agnostic.

I don't believe because it cannot be proved.
I don't disbelieve because it cannot be disproved.

I will not mock anybody who has faith, somehow I think they are probably more at peace with themselves than I am.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think its primarily the fear that there is nothing for us after death that drives religeon IMO. The idea that when we die, we cease to exist. Its that fear of our own mortality, the concept that when we pass away, it is The End.

Far better to sugar-coat it with the belief that our soul will endure and continue to exists in some form or another on a "higher plain", and will enjoy a glorious, wonderful afterlife if we live our lives with an intangible faith according to some religeous code. I almost envy people who have that faith, but I just cannot find it within me. I'd be kidding myself.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
All that terrible stuff Russia are doing in the name of... oh. Oh right.

Well, forget that, what about those ruddy North Koreans doing all those stupid things all because of that book...oh...oh right.

As you were.

Hate all that bloody CHARITY work the church does as well, utter disgrace.

1. Please read: Russian Orthodox Church sings from Putin hymn sheet on Ukraine

2. Kim Jong-Un like his predecessors is seen by his people and sees himself as a living god.

3. The church has no monopoly on charity and isn't a requirement for any charitable deeds to be done. Also religious charity work around the world has an agenda to turn people to it. "Oh dear starving person have some food. By the way have you heard the good news?......"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Neither am I, I am what people call Agnostic.

I don't believe because it cannot be proved.
I don't disbelieve because it cannot be disproved.

I will not mock anybody who has faith, somehow I think they are probably more at peace with themselves than I am.

I'm actually agnostic too, I mean of course there's like 1% of me that wants to join the party if everyone else is there![emoji6][emoji296][emoji482]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Religion is the root of all evil. There are too many people in the world to-day and in history who believe that their god is better than your god, and with god on their side they will win, and then embark on a conflict which surely is against a religious belief.

Burning Beatles albums in the name of religion a great example of religious tolerance.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Come on then Phil tell me what you think god is and try and persuade me science is wrong..

You see, you've missed the point again. I gave you some information, based on facts, I pointed out that there are a lot more of them than there are of you, and I explained that there are those that believe, and in what they believe. I stated my opinion on a couple of points. I certainly didn't state anywhere what my own personal beliefs are, and I won't.

As for science, this was written by a scientist, who used to be an Athiest.

Does God exist? The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.

Many examples showing God's design could be given, possibly with no end. But here are a few:

The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter. Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.

The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.

There are a number of other explainations for scientific phenomena she makes, about Water (H2O), The Human Brain, The Human Eye, The uniform laws of nature, DNA encoding, it's all quite interestingly put, and possibly more thought provoking than some of the things you've written on the subject.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I subscribe to the late, great Christopher Hitchens' attitude that not only do I not believe in god but I wouldn't want it to be true either. He believed the idea of a celestial dictator, observing and judging you every second of the day is a hideous concept. A celestial North Korea except that in North Korea it all ends when you die unlike religion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here