Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religion is the cause of all problems...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The only good thing to come out of religion is the architecture, some of the buildings built in the name of "GOD" are incredible! But we live in an age where we know the rest of it is total bollocks, I can't understand how billions of people around the world waste their lives believing in something that doesn't exist.

So, you state that "we know it is total bollocks", then state that "billions around the world" believe in it. Which is it? Do we all know it's bollocks, or do the majority believe in it? (Hint, the majority of the earths population believes in God in one form or another). Then you state it doesn't exist, yet you have no more proof than those who do believe.

Sometimes I think it is better to start with "I think" or "It is my personal belief" or some such phrase that indicates opinion.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So, you state that "we know it is total bollocks", then state that "billions around the world" believe in it. Which is it? Do we all know it's bollocks, or do the majority believe in it? (Hint, the majority of the earths population believes in God in one form or another). Then you state it doesn't exist, yet you have no more proof than those who do believe.

Sometimes I think it is better to start with "I think" or "It is my personal belief" or some such phrase that indicates opinion.

Bollocks the majority of the world believe in a god! Us NORMAL EDUCATED people know its all waffle.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Which religion is now responsible for the thunderstorm just as I have to walk to pick the car up? If there is a God he is a right **** today.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

Yes.

If i came out with an equally ridiculous clain such as... "i can fly" You wouldnt believe me, would you? You'd know for a fact that i couldn't. There is an equal amount of evidence to suggest i can fly, and God existing. None.

Thats how i feel about religion.

No, science isnt right, becuase a dusty old book says so.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes.

If i came out with an equally ridiculous clain such as... "i can fly" You wouldnt believe me, would you? You'd know for a fact that i couldn't.

Bang on this!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes.

If i came out with an equally ridiculous clain such as... "i can fly" You wouldnt believe me, would you? You'd know for a fact that i couldn't.

Good for you.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Yes someone made it up! How can you not understand this?

how can you not understand that you don't actually know if there is a god or not, because you won't find out until you are dead - and there are no dead people to actually ask and document from?

and how can this be comparable to santa claus?

you can spout opinion as fact all you want, and try to belittle me all you want - but you just look like a close-minded, smug idiot to me.....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
14 pages, one flounce and a ban.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

So you are sayi g there is no proof of the existence of god? If so is t that enough reason to not believe? If he is real he made his only son jewish yet other religions have persecuted the jews so do those persecutors think god made a mistake? Should we all be Jewish? Where was god for the first few million years of the planet? Why did god kill the dinosaurs?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It's just sad that the believers in the Abrahamic religions can't accept that they believe essentially the same thing and agree to disagree on what are really very insignificant differences.

I can't get my head around the Shia / Sunni thing. They'll quite happily blow each other up after Friday prayers. That can't be in the name of Allah, can it, but a hatred based, purely, on religious differences?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
how can you not understand that you don't actually know if there is a god or not, because you won't find out until you are dead - and there are no dead people to actually ask and document from?

and how can this be comparable to santa claus?

you can spout opinion as fact all you want, and try to belittle me all you want - but you just look like a close-minded, smug idiot to me.....

Smug yes [emoji57] the other things you said no. Enjoy reading your FAIRY TALE in the bath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here