Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Exactly, although your post made me smile, i got the underlying point. If you care or are concerned about, or indeed agree with what a local candidate plans to put into practice, then you vote for that candidate.
I did not really look at which party the candidate represented, just what they felt were the important issues for my constituency. You might be surprised (because of my perceived views on this board) who i actually voted for, locally that is.

Dogshit. It's the way forwards.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This Twitter campaign, you know the one, 'Reasons why I'm voting UKIP', designed to discredit all that UKIP stands for, and thereby reduce their proportion of the total vote?

That went well then! Oops........

D

Deleted member 22389

This Twitter campaign, you know the one, 'Reasons why I'm voting UKIP', designed to discredit all that UKIP stands for, and thereby reduce their proportion of the total vote?

The whole plan to discredit UKIP over the last 5 days has ended in total failure. It's been a disgrace.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well congratulations to UKIP, lets hope they use this to force a referendum to find out what people actually want with regards to Europe and immigration!

Let's also hope they don't get the chance to push any of their other policies.

Another great victory for fear.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

How do you know? Maybe twice as many would have voted UKIP as a protest vote, saw that and switched their vote

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How do you know? Maybe twice as many would have voted UKIP as a protest vote, saw that and switched their vote

If you believe that then UKIP will be around a lot longer than either of us want.

It's clear that the smears, the playing on people's fears, the name-calling hasn't worked. How about treating those who voted for UKIP as grown-ups for a change and finding out what they are worried about and why rather than what you think they should be doing?

Anyone who thinks that Buzzfeed thing a hoot clearly has their head in the sand regarding British politics.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You carry on believing that.

Bet the big three party mangaers don't.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No it's because they're a bunch of self serving, PPE Educated, expense fiddling CJTCs who don't mind picking a party that suits their own rabid ambition because they know that, in power, they will simply have to trill out the party line or face the whips. They have no experience beyond grabbing their way up their own party's greasy pole. Whether it's dish faced Dave patronising foreigners and slashing basic welfare, Milliband not knowing the value of the weekly shop, Clegg abandoning all his principles, Farage hiring bigots to make up the numbers or KItcat slashing and burning his way through former friends in order to run this City they are all the same.

It doesn't need people to research the parties. Every party is hamstrung by it's ideology and need to appeal to a certain demographic. It needs a rethink from top down, non partisan politics and people running things who are qualified to run things rather than leech off the very voters who got them in.

Pretty much my thoughts on politics. The system needs to change.

D

Deleted member 22389

No, they should stay in the first country they come to that offers asylum, just why do you suppose they don't claim asylum in France ?

Let's be honest, for the last 15 years this country has been taken for a ride.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If you believe that then UKIP will be around a lot longer than either of us want.

It's clear that the smears, the playing on people's fears, the name-calling hasn't worked. How about treating those who voted for UKIP as grown-ups for a change and finding out what they are worried about and why rather than what you think they should be doing?

Anyone who thinks that Buzzfeed thing a hoot clearly has their head in the sand regarding British politics.
Spot on

The audience member on question time last night is a case in point. He voted ukip because in Bishop Stortford there was a shortage of school places to which he believed immigration was a contributory factor. Okay I'm paraphrasing. Now I don't know if he's right or wrong or the demographics of his area, but that's a.valid concern interns of the end product (no school places) that the other parties need to address

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Wish I'd known about dogshit man, he would have got my vote.

I know you're all wondering about dogshit man. He came 2nd.

The conservatives only held on by their fingertips. I hope that - like UKIP and their immigration policies that the Tories once condemned, lost votes because of,and then stole - that dogshit policies will now rise to the top of the agenda.

Perhaps immigrants should only be allowed in to clear up dogshit? Everyone wins

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The whole plan to discredit UKIP over the last 5 days has ended in total failure. It's been a disgrace.

according to people on here its on purpose so they will split the tory vote in the general election. and they say UKIP voters are loons!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Has it? You wait for the next few months. UKIP have gained zero power, they have gained some presence as everyone predicted. I also predict they will make that presence felt with a ceaseless string of bigoted gaffs and foul ups that would make Prince Phillip wince.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

It's not a disgrace to argue what you believe in and try your best to warn people about what really is at the heart of UKIP, I am passionately anti-discrimination and make no apology for trying to warn people about what handing power to UKIP would really mean. Have we failed? Time will tell, as it stands they've got some local council seats, no great harm done. It's down to the rest of us to continue to try and expose the true nature of UKIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here