Reasons why going to Palace tomorrow will be safe

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These days you have to go looking for trouble to have a chance of getting involved in any. If you aren't interested and aren't gobby you'll be fine. Last year I travelled down from London Bridge with a train full of Br*ghton fans, in my colours and no problem - just lots of songs about Steve Coppell !

Around most grounds these days there are loads of police and at Selhurst it's ridiculous for Br*ghton and Millwall. Last year after this game the police had erected an 8ft high WALL (I kid you not) across the Holmeadale road (behind the goal) so our paths couldn't cross.

There's nothing to worry about.

I seriously think that anyone who has to use a * to replace a letter in another teams name to avoid offending themselves is a bit special.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I seriously think that anyone who has to use a * to replace a letter in another teams name to avoid offending themselves is a bit special.

He can't afford an iPhone so to try and forget this constant, depressing, reminder has levered the letter off of his keyboard

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

Whoooooooooooosh !

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
stay in a big group,if you've got to 'ave it,then 'ave it,get in quick,chances are they're f***ing run off

don't get pissed up and isolated into a small group,you'll get a good shoeing

probably changed since i last went,before mobiles and what not

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
It will be safe as Selhurst and surrounding areas is one of the safest places in England, with very low crime and friendly locals.

low crime & friendly locals? Sorry, no bloody way! I'm Croydon & that just ain't true mate. Saying the only time someone tried to mug me was on Brighton beach with 2 blokes trying to make out they had a gun, yeah right, they felt well stupid when we pissed ourselves laughing pointing out they should mug people before they go to the pub & not after when we spent all our dosh.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
These days you have to go looking for trouble to have a chance of getting involved in any. If you aren't interested and aren't gobby you'll be fine. Last year I travelled down from London Bridge with a train full of Br*ghton fans, in my colours and no problem - just lots of songs about Steve Coppell !

Around most grounds these days there are loads of police and at Selhurst it's ridiculous for Br*ghton and Millwall. Last year after this game the police had erected an 8ft high WALL (I kid you not) across the Holmeadale road (behind the goal) so our paths couldn't cross.

There's nothing to worry about.

floodlite at that with riot cops on horseback, talk about overkill, they must have thought they were off to kettle a few student protestors and beat an old guy selling newspapers on the way home

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
low crime & friendly locals? Sorry, no bloody way! I'm Croydon & that just ain't true mate. Saying the only time someone tried to mug me was on Brighton beach with 2 blokes trying to make out they had a gun, yeah right, they felt well stupid when we pissed ourselves laughing pointing out they should mug people before they go to the pub & not after when we spent all our dosh.
You should be more careful walking along Brighton nudist beach at 2am in the morning

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
You know he was being sarcastic. .........don't you ?

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
You know he was being sarcastic. .........don't you ?

I thought he was but you can never tell with the written word, some people do look at their home town with rose-tinted glasses on, take Brighton, there are people who live around there who think the local footie team is fantastic...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports