Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why going to Palace tomorrow will be safe

Jimmy Grimble

Due to the Police pressence that comes with this match they'll be much safer going to Palace away than they would be going to somewhere like Huddersfield or Birmingham, for example.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unlike Millwall where standing with my 8 year old son at a bus stop I got a good old fashoned left hander for my troubles!!

That's the sort of thing that really hacks me off. Especially with your son.

I have been going to Palace away since the 70s. I have witnessed lots of trouble back in the day but as I have never looked for it, I have never been caught up in it. Just be sensible.

0300052_L_000.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once the adrenaline pumps in they'll all be Football Factory wannabes.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
How have there been 29 posts on this thread and Das Reich hasn't had any of them, consisting of a vague, patronising comment and a smiley? Has he fallen in the shower or something?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Das Reich is probably still retreating from Moscow.

Always trouble, but I usually get in a mob and only find trouble if I want it. Smaller groups of under 5 (I don't mean ages....) are easy prey.
Now the old joints are playing up the wife prefers it if I behave myself and watch the footie, seems a reasonable and pain free suggestion.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No it won't be safe at all they'll probably get beaten up a few times
Never mind "getting beaten up you start growing up" The Phiranas once sang

Getting beaten up, it's part of growing up.

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
I've been to palace games since the 80s seriously now if it was my son of 15 going I would be worried I really think it's unsafe my boys are 19 and 20 now and will hopefully look after me ..

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In all fairness 15 and 16 is a little old for the parents to be worrying about them isn't it? When I was that age I was left to get on with it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In all fairness 15 and 16 is a little old for the parents to be worrying about them isn't it? When I was that age I was left to get on with it.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
I'm going to Palace tomorrow with my dad but a few of my mates parents are a little worried of them going on there own. They're 15/16 in a group of 5 and I think if the parents saw some outside opinions saying how safe it will be and why it will be so safe, they'd be reassured.

These days you have to go looking for trouble to have a chance of getting involved in any. If you aren't interested and aren't gobby you'll be fine. Last year I travelled down from London Bridge with a train full of Br*ghton fans, in my colours and no problem - just lots of songs about Steve Coppell !

Around most grounds these days there are loads of police and at Selhurst it's ridiculous for Br*ghton and Millwall. Last year after this game the police had erected an 8ft high WALL (I kid you not) across the Holmeadale road (behind the goal) so our paths couldn't cross.

There's nothing to worry about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here