Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading have 18,000 season ticket holders...

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Fraid that you will never have 18,000 season ticket holders. Not a reflection on the club or its support its just that the population in the cactchment area just isn't enough.

Reading have all of the Thames Valley to draw upon.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I reckon any club could get 18000 season ticket holders under the right circumstances.
Bit of success at the top of the premier league would bring the glory hunters rolling in no matter what the club was.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
But I'll wager that 14,000 of them are under NINE years of age and are more interested in HOTDOGS than their dull team in their dull town.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
But I'll wager that 14,000 of them are under NINE years of age and are more interested in HOTDOGS than their dull team in their dull town.

to be fair, reading did do a good hotdog last year

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'm going to phone Norris McWhirter to check, because that must be the world record for the largest number of wankers in one place at the same time.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Fraid that you will never have 18,000 season ticket holders. Not a reflection on the club or its support its just that the population in the cactchment area just isn't enough.

And Brighton have the whole of Sussex !

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Wookiee said:
And Brighton have the whole of Sussex !

Which in March 2005 had a population of 1,506,187

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Brighton and Hove alone is over 250,000 - and that's not including Worthing, Hastings, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Uckfield, Crawley, Eastbourne, Littlehampton etc etc etc

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Reading I think will do ok next year, unlike Sheff Utd or Watford!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hatterlovesbrighton said:

Only Hull and Plymouth can seriously claim to have unachieved with their potential fan-bases in the same way as Albion have managed to. Even Coppell has said that Brighton are potentially a far bigger club than Reading. And he's right. But it's potential shcmential I guess...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rougvie said:
I'm going to phone Norris McWhirter to check, because that must be the world record for the largest number of wankers in one place at the same time.
You forget that Leeds regularly draw 21,000 at home.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Simster said:
You forget that Leeds regularly draw 21,000 at home.

Palace v Reading must be higher than that.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Simster said:
Yeah. Either way, the record will be SMASHED as soon as Fratton Park expansion is complete.

But they will be in L1 by then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here