Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading (H) moved to Friday night now moved to TUESDAY 15TH MARCH

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Same difference financially though, isn't it?

Yeah, I was kind of agreeing with your previous post. Despite rarely watching football on Sky now I still have to pay through the nose for it to watch the cricket and football is profiting from my subscription. And ok, yes I know cricket profits from it too, but nowhere near the extent to which football does.

If sky offered a cricket channel and a football channel I would happily pay less for cricket and no football.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'll make a late decision and see how I feel on the day, I'm really not sure if I can be arsed with another Friday night trains gauntlet after work. Just going down the pub for it will probably be quite tempting. That'll be an empty season ticket seat if I do.

Same. Though, if I do decide to stay away, I'll ask my Dad to put a sign on my seat to the effect of "**** Sky".

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
What a load of shit, so we now only have 2 Saturday 3pm kick offs left.

What frustrates me is I pay for my two little ones to have season tickets but evening games are too much for them, so they lose out and they bloody love their football.

This this and this! Sky are ruining football soon nobody will be in the grounds to watch the footie! Its all money money money in a rich man's world "Abba"

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I have to work most Saturday's but I have managed to get a few off so I can go to the home games thanks Sky you utter pricks! :angry::censored:

Oh I'm a STH makes it worse!!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
It's getting quite an art to pick potential televised games. I was confident in booking Preston away advanced train tickets a few weeks ago when I compared that day's fixtures but I would not have predicted the Reading home match.

I do miss Saturday matches and leisurely train journeys. Though it adds to the cost, I'm grateful to Seagulls Travel being available for mid week matches as trains just don't seem to be regular enough with a first post match train departure of 22:43 for me.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Saturday's at 3 is the pinnacle of football in terms of kick off. It's exactly what fans expect and love. To move this many games is a joke to those fans who want the 3 PM kick off times, especially those putting in the effort to travle across the country.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a load of shit, so we now only have 2 Saturday 3pm kick offs left.

What frustrates me is I pay for my two little ones to have season tickets but evening games are too much for them, so they lose out and they bloody love their football.

This. Only one football mad kid here but same sort of issue. I could probably get away with taking him to a Friday game. However, at the end of a school week he'll be tired and then has to get up early on Saturday for football training. Result, he is grumpy either way because he's either knackered or missing a game.

I really enjoyed the first half of the season. Couldn't care less about it right now.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This. Only one football mad kid here but same sort of issue. I could probably get away with taking him to a Friday game. However, at the end of a school week he'll be tired and then has to get up early on Saturday for football training. Result, he is grumpy either way because he's either knackered or missing a game.

I really enjoyed the first half of the season. Couldn't care less about it right now.

We have 3 kids all season ticket holders. At least one won't go (maybe 2 of them) and the eldest will be a nightmare next morning at his football training. Plus either me or.my wife will need to stay home to be with the ones who don't go to the match. So either 2 or 3 tickets won't be used.

And this at a time when the club has put in the otherwise understandable restrictions on upgrading kids tickets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here