Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Don't Sky realise that we're CRAP now!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't Sky realise that we're CRAP now!

All very sad really, call me a traditionalist if you like, but I so enjoy my football Saturdays. With this game being moved, we are only left with four home games currently scheduled for Saturdays, and I can see two of those, Burnley and Derby, being moved too.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
All very sad really, call me a traditionalist if you like, but I so enjoy my football Saturdays. With this game being moved, we are only left with four home games currently scheduled for Saturdays, and I can see two of those, Burnley and Derby, being moved too.

Same here, gutted.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Good news personally, as I can't afford to go to matchs at the moment. But from a more general perspective I have to agree with everyone else, far too much messing around with the fixtures this season (and will only get worse next season if we do manage to get promoted). And it does feel strange with the match not being on at 3pm on a Saturday, even if you're only listening on the radio/Player :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not happy as now going to miss the game as taking the wife to a London show, plus we don't seem to do well on Sky

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a load of shit, so we now only have 2 Saturday 3pm kick offs left.

What frustrates me is I pay for my two little ones to have season tickets but evening games are too much for them, so they lose out and they bloody love their football.

How old are they?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Have I missed something? Reading are still in cup and that weekend is 6th Round.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This sort of thing didn't used to bother me but now my son works it is a real pain in the arse as it is so difficult to plan around changes like this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Just made that comment to someone else. Completely ridiculous.

I actually don't mind Friday night games though as gives the saturday free for other stuff.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Have I missed something? Reading are still in cup and that weekend is 6th Round.

Beat Huddersfield and they have a winnable home fixture in 4th Round v Walsall.

All very strange for Sky to choose this early?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Whilst it makes no odds whatsoever difference to me, I honestly feel for those affected but at the same time some unable to attend on the Saturday will now be able to go.

Yet another example of Sky power, maybe this is in revenge and retaliation if they read the thread a few days ago about a few subscribers heading off to BT or Virgin!

The possibility of FA Cup issues regarding Reading being available is puzzling though.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I actually like Friday night matches. Finish work after a hard week. Go to the pub for a few pints then go to the match. For me thats a good end to the week

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Total respect to anybody that doesn't live locally who has bought a ST. You are being messed around beyond belief.

:wave:

In fairness, I am able to manage the changes better than some, but every one of these still involves:

1. Change work commitments.
2. 'Waste' yet another half a day of precious annual leave.
3. Justify to wife, said wasteage.
4. Bundle kids into car after school / college.
5. Sit on M/A27 for two hours in rush hour traffic.
6. Watch football match of varying degree of entertainment value
7. Join queue to leave University car park
8. Get home some time around 11.30pm

Yay.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
That's another home game I will miss now then - and will not get to see it on Sky as I will be flying back to the UK (in good time to watch the game that now isn't on the Saturday!!!!)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Sky must think Reading aren't going to make round 6. They've still got to win 3 more games to get there as it stands.

Beat Huddersfield and Walsall, both at home, which on paper they should, then only 1 game from 6th round. Very odd decision I think.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I join those who are thoroughly pissed off about this. Call me a traditionalist, but Saturday 3pm is footy time for me. In the unlikely event we get to the Prem any time soon it's going to be even worse.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Just made that comment to someone else. Completely ridiculous.

I actually don't mind Friday night games though as gives the saturday free for other stuff.

Beat Huddersfield and they have a winnable home fixture in 4th Round v Walsall.

All very strange for Sky to choose this early?

Beat Huddersfield and Walsall, both at home, which on paper they should, then only 1 game from 6th round. Very odd decision I think.

I take the point that from Sky's own position its a bit of a risk. Although, if Reading were to make the 6th round, the game would be getting moved from the Saturday anyway, either way - televised or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here