Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reading away

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair the location of Reading’s ground means you don’t actually have to go to Reading..

And there is a pub within easy* walking distance of the stadium.

* easy according to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] who led us on a magical mystery tour to find it a few years back.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Utterly embarrassing behaviour from our yoof contingent at Reading Station. Exit station, arms aloft, shouting "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Reading's a shit hole, etc....", Plus other similar drivel. Its a pre-season friendly, FFS. Am I just getting old? Not sure, judging by the cringing embarrassment on the faces of the majority of other Albion fans in the vicinity. I miss Lewes away.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Utterly embarrassing behaviour from our yoof contingent at Reading Station. Exit station, arms aloft, shouting "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Reading's a shit hole, etc....", Plus other similar drivel. Its a pre-season friendly, FFS. Am I just getting old? Not sure, judging by the cringing embarrassment on the faces of the majority of other Albion fans in the vicinity. I miss Lewes away.

After reading “utterly embarrassing” I was expecting worse. Having said that I do agree with your overall point.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Football fans singing football songs whatever next.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I don't understand that chant.

If they want to go home then the station is right there.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Football fans singing football songs whatever next.

How about original, witty songs that don't betray a bankrupt intellect ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well none of us are ever going to shoot a Palace fan with our fathers shot gun either :shrug:

Quite, but that was never deemed a factual account of an infant conversation with our mothers.

If the 'song' you mentioned is treated in the same way are we to conclude that they don't want to go home and that Reading is quite pleasant ?

The song 'tits, fanny and *Team name* is a strange one. Does it not follow that if it has tits it has fanny as well ?

EDIT: When sung in Brighton, perhaps my question may be occasionally redundant when seeing those two physical attributes as a split singular...

Do our jolly juveniles still think that Birmingham is still a small town in Villa ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well none of us are ever going to shoot a Palace fan with our fathers shot gun either :shrug:

Or find a Scouser eating a dead cat, get Brighton confirmed as officially the greatest team the world has ever seen, see Cucerella tucking into a pre match meal of beer and paella or spend all our spare time forensically analysing Neal Maupay’s goals.

Young people get drunk, have a good day out and sing silly songs. It’s always been that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here