Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reading away

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Just finished watching the replay via Youtube. Some inspiring moments,and some not so inspiring moments. Some of the squad deffo seemed more up and energetic than others did. Overall though, a solid friendly to get fitness up even more and to see what we are working with.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just got back.

Thought we dominated.

Without the Sanchez blunder they were never going to score - maybe he was bored…..

Last years team so comfortable.

New players, Enciso needs a loan IMO, Mitoma really exciting on the ball, Undav some great touches and vision.

A word for our excellent support as well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mitoma looks very pacy. Enciso is deceptively strong and also skilful. 5 subs will help us this season I think as it gives us a chance to give these fringe players chances to influence games with 15/20 mins to go, as the game opens up a bit.
Certain players are still a little rusty.
Was impressed with Caicedo again, and Mwepu when he came on.
Cucu was just his normal energetic and skilful self.
A little surprised not to see Sarmiento. Maybe he'll start versus Brentford.

Thought Enciso looked very light and not strong at all….. very skillful though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thought Enciso looked very light and not strong at all….. very skillful though.

Funny game, I totally disagree about Enciso, I thought he was really strong in a couple of challenges. He’s not slight either, very athletic build, he took a couple of heavy knocks well today. I’m really excited about him, looking forward to seeing him play more.

Enjoyed today, played some lovely stuff, we looked leagues ahead of Reading without getting out of second gear.

Caicedo is almost unplayable, what a stunning player.

Welbeck looked really sharp, hopeful he could be in for an excellent season leading the line as our main man up front with support from the likes of Trossard.

Solly was superb - looking so strong and on it.

Mac Allister a joy to watch. Love him in that deeper role.

Mitoma is really pacey and direct.

Alzate looks like a completely different person with his hair bleached! Took me ages to work out it was him.

Big season for Lamptey coming up. It’s going to be really interesting to see how he develops his game having lost that extra yard of pace. Did a couple of good things today including the asisst but also a few things that didn’t really work.

All in all, a very worthwhile game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Funny game, I totally disagree about Enciso, I thought he was really strong in a couple of challenges. He’s not slight either, very athletic build, he took a couple of heavy knocks well today. I’m really excited about him, looking forward to seeing him play more.

Enjoyed today, played some lovely stuff, we looked leagues ahead of Reading without getting out of second gear.

Welbeck looked really sharp, hopeful he could be in for an excellent season leading the line as our main man up front with support from the likes of Trossard.

Alzate looks like a completely different person with his hair bleached! Took me ages to work out it was him.

Big season for Lamptey coming up. It’s going to be really interesting to see how he develops his game having lost that extra yard of pace. Did a couple of good things today including the asisst but also a few things that didn’t really work.

Exactly how I saw it

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Will have to disagree re Enciso. 😃 Going to be fantastic though, and even if he doesn’t go out will hopefully get some action.

Good call re Solly, he really was superb.

Dunk was excellent as well.

I can’t decide if we were SO good or Reading were really poor, remembering they are a week ahead of us as well.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The big surprise for me was seeing Clarke in an Albion shirt.

As for Reading, they look likely to be an a fight to stay up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The key is in the word 'deceptively'.

I just felt he looked surprised at the physicality early on, particularly shoulder to shoulder and aerially.

I think despite his undoubted ability, it’s important to remember how young he is,

One thing is for certain, that he is probably at the best club in terms of nurturing his talent and also getting the right training to succeed.

el punal

Utterly embarrassing behaviour from our yoof contingent at Reading Station. Exit station, arms aloft, shouting "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Reading's a shit hole, etc....", Plus other similar drivel. Its a pre-season friendly, FFS. Am I just getting old? Not sure, judging by the cringing embarrassment on the faces of the majority of other Albion fans in the vicinity. I miss Lewes away.

Well they’re right, sort of, Reading is a shithole but they were probably singing it far too fast. :drink:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Strange, in a good way, that a few years back they were one of our rivals for a top 6 place in the Championship. Now poles apart. Shows what the difference an owner and manager can make

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Strange, in a good way, that a few years back they were one of our rivals for a top 6 place in the Championship. Now poles apart. Shows what the difference an owner and manager can make

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Agree completely. Having an owner like Bloom and manager like Potter really does give one a feeling of calm regardless of what is going on. We are very lucky to have them versus other clubs whose owners are straight dog shit and managers are quite inept.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
We still look like a team that will struggle Vs teams that park the bus. Look forward to seeing more from encisco and mitoma to help with that problem.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
A lot of teams will struggle against teams that park the bus

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Utterly embarrassing behaviour from our yoof contingent at Reading Station. Exit station, arms aloft, shouting "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Reading's a shit hole, etc....", Plus other similar drivel. Its a pre-season friendly, FFS. Am I just getting old? Not sure, judging by the cringing embarrassment on the faces of the majority of other Albion fans in the vicinity. I miss Lewes away.

I’m not criticising as I was very much young n daft back in the day but sitting in that pub watching this unfold I did think how at some point this season …how do I put this?….a valuable lesson will be learnt

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Website is a disgrace. How do I watch on mobile without 10 million ad pages opening ffs.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

It was a bit iffy first half, sorted itself for the 2nd though!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I know the police were called to a train because of Brighton fans at Gatwick, embarrassing behaviour for a pre season friendly against Reading,

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just got back.

Thought we dominated.

Without the Sanchez blunder they were never going to score - maybe he was bored…..

Last years team so comfortable.

New players, Enciso needs a loan IMO, Mitoma really exciting on the ball, Undav some great touches and vision.

A word for our excellent support as well.

That's interesting. I've been really impressed with him in what I've seen of him so far. He's looked much closer to the first team squad than I thought he would be but I've only seen him on streams, not live. Having seen him in the flesh what parts of his game does he need to improve to be first team squad ready?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here