Re: All you anti Mghee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
People failing to do their jobs doesn't create a formation :lolol:

You contradict yourself a bit there LI. Do you think both our wingers decided on their own steam to sit out wide and stick to defensive roles? What you are suggesting is, MM has no control over the players or tactics.

Les Biehn said:
You contradict yourself a bit there LI. Do you think both our wingers decided on their own steam to sit out wide and stick to defensive roles? What you are suggesting is, MM has no control over the players or tactics.

I'm gonna watch the game, and then I'll be in a better position to answer your questions if you still want to flog this sickly horse.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
I'm gonna watch the game, and then I'll be in a better position to answer your questions if you still want to flog this sickly horse.

What sickly horse? The truth or this fabrication you are trying to concoct of what actually happened? Tell me LI, if I am pro MM then why would I lie? I have no agenda, so why am I flogging this sickly horse (nice dismisal of my standpoint by the way, certainly got you out of the hole that was your contrdiction).

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:
so why am I flogging this sickly horse .

Now that I couldn't begin to guess at :)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Now that I couldn't begin to guess at :)

Whats with the enigmatic answer, or do you just not have one? I thought as much.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
Because it isn't that many. I don't doubt that Revell was isolated, but that doesn't mean we were playing 4-5-1, it just means Frutos and Loft were not effective in ther assigned roles.
This is a stupid arguement anyway, 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 are practically the same formation. If you start a game with either one of those you will find yourself playing both of them depending on who has the ball. Because the midfield is overloaded this makes it very flexible because there will always be at least one spare man to push into the gap left by only having a single player upfront. It also lends itself to 4-4-2

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Billy the Fish said:
This is a stupid arguement anyway, 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 are practically the same formation. If you start a game with either one of those you will find yourself playing both of them depending on who has the ball. Because the midfield is overloaded this makes it very flexible because there will always be at least one spare man to push into the gap left by only having a single player upfront. It also lends itself to 4-4-2

This is true, they are flexible but dependent on the style of football you play there is a big difference between 451 and 433.

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
To quote Drumsticks signature................

"I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006 VOTE MM IN!

Makes me change my stance a little. :)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Les Biehn said:
This is true, they are flexible but dependent on the style of football you play there is a big difference between 451 and 433.
It's a kind of 'if my Auntie had bollocks' formation really. I don't doubt what you are saying is correct, but it depends on how far up the wide men are playing. An out and out 4-3-3 would be with three strikers and the wide two wouldn't track back that far at all although when you havent got the ball one of the 3 slot into the midfield and the other would slot inside to support the frontman.

There are two ways of playing 4-5-1, either very attacking with the wide men pushing up, or just packing the midfield out and stopping the opponents getting any width. The attacking way is almost the same as a 4-3-3, it's just that you would expect the widemen to have more defensive responsibilities when you haven't got the ball. The wide men will have been given a job to do by the manager, if they were dropping back then one can only assume that McGhee has told them to play like that

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
it just amazes me then anybody can stick up for the amazing decisions mcghee makes

ok he took us up but we were very average most of that season and was only a good run at the death that took us up.the 1st season in the championship he did well with the resorses he had but stop living in the past the last 18 months or so he has lost the plot and we are in big danger of going straight through this division.

constantly playing the same old players that don't perform like hammond! just what has he got 2 do and how bad has he got 2 play b4 he gets dropped?

then you've got the other end of the scale when it doesn't matter what they do the looks for reasons 2 drop them.we have looked at our best this season when jake is on the pitch running at teams yet he keeps him on the bench.

then you've got the goalkeeping situation! he is more intrested in distribution than shot stopping what planet is he on.ok granted henderson did make 4 or 5 decent saves against crewe but he was at fault for 2 goals and his distribution was shit.even though by all reports even the sunday independent (south west paper) kuipers was superb you just know when we turn up on sat hendo will be in goal .

been 2 all the games apart from brizzle city this season and saw somewhere on here that someone said the most impressive players at ashton gate where jake,rents,fdm and santos but i will be amazed if any of them are playing on saturday except for santos he will put his old favorite's hendo and mayo straight back in even though kerry isn't even good enough for bloody crawley and should never have been given another year.

then we come on to the lack of a striker you tell me another club in the country that has been trying 2 bring a striker in for 2 1/2 years with no luck.we were weak enough upfront with ckr let alone without him and im sorry the buck has got 2 stop with mcghee.i know his hands are tied but so are a lot of other managers in the lower leagues but they still manage to bring strikers in.we keep getting told money is avalible well go and bloody spend it then.you can't blame players for not wanting to sign for him with his track record of falling out with players look at gnw for instance he was hear last season and is mates with ckr he knows what has gone on and unless we are the only club after him can't see him coming.

what ever happened to that great team spirit everyone use to talk about even now players like danny,johna and bobby go on about it players use to sign because of it ben roberts for instance signed for us in this league rather than move to the championship cos he had tasted it during his loan spell! well i will tell u what has happened to it mcghee has f***ed it big style just like he is our club!

so f*** off mcghee before it is 2 late

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Well done..All you tossers who mouthed off at Mcghee,gave him no praise after everything he did and just fully focused on what he hadnt acheived, made him and the players feel like s**t, even though they were doing their best under the circumstances.

If you lot wernt so unrealistic about what were capable of,as a squad and a football club we wouldnt have had a problem.

Your a disgrace to the club.

The club is a tin-pot outfit that will always be in the lower reaches of the football league..but some accept that.

Now youve got Mcghee and Booker out..who's next? Maybe the board because Falmer isnt built yet.

:angry:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
byf said:
Well done..All you tossers who mouthed off at Mcghee,gave him no praise after everything he did and just fully focused on what he hadnt acheived, made him and the players feel like s**t, even though they were doing their best under the circumstances.

If you lot wernt so unrealistic about what were capable of,as a squad and a football club we wouldnt have had a problem.

The club is a tin-pot outfit that will always be in the lower reaches of the football league..but some accept that.

Now youve got Mcghee and Booker out..who's next? Maybe the board because Falmer isnt built yet.

Shouldn't you be setting off a fire outside your caravan for breakkie?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
byf said:

:salute: now finish learning your 3 times tables...actually, shouldn't you be in playschool :salute:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
brightonfan_86 said:
Shouldn't you be setting off a fire outside your caravan for breakkie?

Should you be playing with stone cold steve austin or or or (as I unbutton my flies) You could get potter out for a play...then sit down for a nice cuppa tea and watch some cricket.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
byf said:

McGhee's gone, get over it. Onwards & upwards!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
British Bulldog said:
McGhee's gone, get over it. Onwards & upwards!

With wilkins in charge????..wooo wooo

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
byf said:

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: you can't be all there have they ley u out 4 a bit? don't worry the men in white coats will be round soon

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
byf said:
With wilkins in charge????..wooo wooo

Having a dig at our new manager before we've even kicked a ball are we? If you was a decent fan you'd be getting behind the manager. :lolol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
byf said:

It's official now, I'd given you the benefit of the doubt before, but not now, you are officially a .....

TOSSER

So go and get in MM's car on the road to oblivion and f*** OFF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports