Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: All you anti Mghee

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
brightonfan_86 said:
Why do I waste my typing skills on this total plank? espically on a day like this.

Yes why do you...You should get down the market I hear there doing a 2 for 1 on heeman!

Go Go power rangers...I bet youve got one of those little power ranger gimp suits!!!!

:lolol:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Sargey said:
Possibly.....

We the fans, can only speculate on the finances of the club really.

We don't know what McGhee was given as a transfer budget, why didn't he get loan players in more etc etc.

All these answers will never really ever be known.

I feel for McGhee as in the right circumstances he could of done a good job, good manager, wrong time, wrong club.....

I truly believe the right thing has been done

But the fans seem to know all the facts..apparently!

he's gone now and feel for the guy..to be honest im more worried by our lack of ambition it does not make any sense why we are in this division when we had an excellent chance last term if we had invested..why do they continue to sh** on us in the finances.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
byf said:
Well done..All you tossers who mouthed off at Mcghee,gave him no praise after everything he did and just fully focused on what he hadnt acheived, made him and the players feel like s**t, even though they were doing their best under the circumstances.

If you lot wernt so unrealistic about what were capable of,as a squad and a football club we wouldnt have had a problem.

Your a disgrace to the club.

The club is a tin-pot outfit that will always be in the lower reaches of the football league..but some accept that.

Now youve got Mcghee and Booker out..who's next? Maybe the board because Falmer isnt built yet.

:angry:
Hey byf, I thought that it was all the board's fault?

byf said:
Well done..All you tossers who mouthed off at Mcghee,gave him no praise after everything he did and just fully focused on what he hadnt acheived, made him and the players feel like s**t, even though they were doing their best under the circumstances.

If you lot wernt so unrealistic about what were capable of,as a squad and a football club we wouldnt have had a problem.

Your a disgrace to the club.

The club is a tin-pot outfit that will always be in the lower reaches of the football league..but some accept that.

Now youve got Mcghee and Booker out..who's next? Maybe the board because Falmer isnt built yet.

:angry:

Well i sure hope this post comes back to haunt you when the new man actually achieves something.

The squad we have is definitely capable of better things, MM just can't motivate it and lacks any tactical knowledge to grind out results with it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
byf said:

he's gone now and feel for the guy..to be honest im more worried by our lack of ambition it does not make any sense why we are in this division when we had an excellent chance last term if we had invested..why do they continue to sh** on us in the finances.
I find it interesting that you seem to completely and utterly absolve McGhee from all blame for the state the team currently finds itself in. I'm not saynig he didn't have a difficult job here - of course he did, as have many managers in the lower leagues. And the new manager will face all the same challenges. But if had become apparent over the last year or so that Mcghee was slowly but surely losing the plot. His failure in the transfer market has only compounded his numerous fallouts.

You're just painting it as a black and white "we've got no money so what do you expect ?" issue, but it goes deeper than that. I replied this to LI last night:

Originally posted by London Irish
The money we offered in transfer fees and wages could not even attract two League 2 forwards to the club. That gives an insight to just how bad our financial situation is. But we will keep plugging way. You can keep obsessing about McGhee's role if you want (it seems to be the silly NSC way) but the reality is that it is the cash put up by the board that is always the key determinant in whether deals succeed or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not ALL purely down to money though is it ? There are many, many 3rd and 4th division clubs who are just as strapped for cash as we are. But they still manage to freshen up their squads from time to time. As an example, some of the deadline-day deals:

Keith Barker [Blackburn - Rochdale] Loan
Iyseden Christie [Rochdale - Kidderminster] Loan
Nicky Eaden [Nottingham Forest - Lincoln] Loan
Mark Lynch [Hull - Yeovil] Free
Adam Murray [Carlisle - Torquay] £10,000
Rob Scott [Oldham - Macclesfield] Free
Michael Symes [Bradford - Shrewsbury] Free
Daryl Taylor [Bournemouth - Bury] Free
Liam Trotter [Ipswich - Millwall] Loan
Spencer Weir-Daley [Nottingham Forest - Macclesfield] Loan
Keith Andrews [Hull - Milton Keynes Dons] Free
Vincent Fernandez [Nottingham Forest - Wycombe] Loan
Ian Morris [Leeds - Scunthorpe] Undisclosed
Marcus Stewart [Bristol City - Yeovil] Loan
Hamed Namouchi [Rangers - Lorient] Undisclosed

etc etc
I'm not saying any of these players are going to be "world beaters" obviously. Far from it. But they are of the level and calibre that I'd have thought we'd be in the market for, at least. Unfortunately we seem to be fairly unique in that we desperately need reinforcements for the squad, but are finding it utterly impossible to bring anyone in. And I'm sorry, but I just do not accept that its purely an issue of CASH and WITHDEAN. Those players are out there, but we are always miles off the pace in terms of hunting them down and doing the business to get them here. It seems they're more content to f*** about banding names like "Parkin" around for weeks on end, when anyone with half a brain knew damn well there was absolutely NO chance of him ever coming here.

Crap like that just smacks of a PR smokescreen.

And following Knights comments today about the board providing some transfer funds for McGhee but still no-one coming to the club, and the hopes of "rejuvenating" that side of things now, I stand by my remarks.

Last edited:

El Dude Brother

Feb 8, 2006
byf said:

Once again you criticise the board for lack of ambition yet surely Falmer is proof of ambition. I just don't understand your logic. Why do you not consider this evidence of ambition?

McGhee WAS given money and he bought CKR and Turienzo. The latter was hardly a shrewd purchase was it?

Oct 25, 2003
El Dude Brother said:

McGhee WAS given money and he bought CKR and Turienzo. The latter was hardly a shrewd purchase was it?

turienzo had success that simply cannot be measured in "goals"

his time here gave us so much more than that

El Dude Brother

Feb 8, 2006
tommy boy said:
turienzo had success that simply cannot be measured in "goals"

his time here gave us so much more than that

Suave international playboy, debonair wit, world Backgammon champion, lover of women and official "pipe smoker of the year" 1994.
He was all things to all men.

With his devilish good looks and charm he stole our hearts. The 8 minutes I saw him play last season were the happiest of my life.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
McGhee was not that popular a choice - we were warned about tactics and substitutions by posters with Millwall friends. But he was available. McGhee did a good job to start with - and under demanding circumstances. However his term came to a natural end at the Club - it always happens eventually. It is clear we needed fresh ideas most people with contacts at the Club (however remote) know it has not been a happy ship. So thanks to Mark McGhee - the king is dead. Long live the king.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Easy 10 said:
I find it interesting that you seem to completely and utterly absolve McGhee from all blame for the state the team currently finds itself in. I'm not saynig he didn't have a difficult job here - of course he did, as have many managers in the lower leagues. And the new manager will face all the same challenges. But if had become apparent over the last year or so that Mcghee was slowly but surely losing the plot. His failure in the transfer market has only compounded his numerous fallouts.

You're just painting it as a black and white "we've got no money so what do you expect ?" issue, but it goes deeper than that. I replied this to LI last night:

Originally posted by London Irish
The money we offered in transfer fees and wages could not even attract two League 2 forwards to the club. That gives an insight to just how bad our financial situation is. But we will keep plugging way. You can keep obsessing about McGhee's role if you want (it seems to be the silly NSC way) but the reality is that it is the cash put up by the board that is always the key determinant in whether deals succeed or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not ALL purely down to money though is it ? There are many, many 3rd and 4th division clubs who are just as strapped for cash as we are. But they still manage to freshen up their squads from time to time. As an example, some of the deadline-day deals:

Keith Barker [Blackburn - Rochdale] Loan
Iyseden Christie [Rochdale - Kidderminster] Loan
Nicky Eaden [Nottingham Forest - Lincoln] Loan
Mark Lynch [Hull - Yeovil] Free
Adam Murray [Carlisle - Torquay] £10,000
Rob Scott [Oldham - Macclesfield] Free
Michael Symes [Bradford - Shrewsbury] Free
Daryl Taylor [Bournemouth - Bury] Free
Liam Trotter [Ipswich - Millwall] Loan
Spencer Weir-Daley [Nottingham Forest - Macclesfield] Loan
Keith Andrews [Hull - Milton Keynes Dons] Free
Vincent Fernandez [Nottingham Forest - Wycombe] Loan
Ian Morris [Leeds - Scunthorpe] Undisclosed
Marcus Stewart [Bristol City - Yeovil] Loan
Hamed Namouchi [Rangers - Lorient] Undisclosed

etc etc
I'm not saying any of these players are going to be "world beaters" obviously. Far from it. But they are of the level and calibre that I'd have thought we'd be in the market for, at least. Unfortunately we seem to be fairly unique in that we desperately need reinforcements for the squad, but are finding it utterly impossible to bring anyone in. And I'm sorry, but I just do not accept that its purely an issue of CASH and WITHDEAN. Those players are out there, but we are always miles off the pace in terms of hunting them down and doing the business to get them here. It seems they're more content to f*** about banding names like "Parkin" around for weeks on end, when anyone with half a brain knew damn well there was absolutely NO chance of him ever coming here.

Crap like that just smacks of a PR smokescreen.

And following Knights comments today about the board providing some transfer funds for McGhee but still no-one coming to the club, and the hopes of "rejuvenating" that side of things now, I stand by my remarks.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
El Dude Brother said:

With his devilish good looks and charm he stole our hearts. The 8 minutes I saw him play last season were the happiest of my life.

When he came off the bench against reading at home last season he had two great shots.

Two shots more than some of our misfiring forwards last year!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"It has been difficult to attract players to the club in the last few months but it hasn't really been about money.

"Mark has had opportunities but we haven't been able to bring players in, and I think that a change of manager will rejuvenate that side of it.

Not about money?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Kinky Gerbils said:
"It has been difficult to attract players to the club in the last few months but it hasn't really been about money.

"Mark has had opportunities but we haven't been able to bring players in, and I think that a change of manager will rejuvenate that side of it.

Not about money?

I've questioned McGhee's ability to attract players for bloody ages, I just don't think he has the contacts or respect of the footballing fraternity.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
I've questioned McGhee's ability to attract players for bloody ages, I just don't think he has the contacts or respect of the footballing fraternity.

Ditto, I think as someone said - his past is catching up with him.
People he upset when they were players are now becoming managers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the various fallouts with McCammon, Knight, CKR, Kuipers (and the rather unnecessary broadside he fired at Jarrett when he secured his move to Watford), players obviously talk, and word gets round. Going by the last 12 months, McGhee was hardly the kind of manager players would be falling over themselves to come and play for, was he.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here