Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ - “we don’t need a striker in January”

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Since Mac Allister signed a contract extension I have thought we might be going back in for his mate Nick Gonzalez at Fiorentina - especially if Trossard is tempted away. Who knows.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Golas reigning in from all areas now (except our striker) - maybe Potter and RDZ are right we don't need a striker !

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
"Party line" and "party line"... those in football and those who watch football frequently have different views on subjects like this.

If you have a dull day at some point and want to venture into the archives, you'll find that on every single substantial silly season-thread on this forum - from 2003 onwards - you'll find someone saying "we must sign one or two new strikers".

Likewise, every single football forum is the same thing. "Need one or two new strikers up front", "lmao can't believe the club isn't signing another striker", "blah blah".

I think the thrill over a new player, especially one in a position that traditionally scores goals, frequently manifests itself through some kind of projection... they want their personal desire for a new striker also to be some kind of necessity for the club.
I probably watch a similar amount if not more football than you. But thanks for the patronising comments.

There will always be doubts on Welbeck fitness, Trossard may be sold in the Summer and there are still big question marks over the quality of Undav. Not to forget if we do make Europe that’s even more games for very few players to play in. But sure we don’t need an another striker.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I suggest Chelsea will make that decision :wink:
I presume the emoji means that is tongue in cheek! Chelsea can go get stuffed.
if Arsenal win tomorrow, we’ll be above Chelsea without them having a game in hand. Why would Leo want to go to a smaller club anyway?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
… I am still not convinced a/ it is necessary ( because of the midfielders we have who are very capable of getting forward and scoring goals …It will be very interesting to see how today’s 4,5,1 line up v Wolves does in the light of this discussion!
Not too shabby a result - could still improve the conversion rate but phew today eh?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Our goals scored column in the table is pretty healthy. Maybe we don’t need one. Trossard, Welbeck, Undav, and Ferguson will be fine options this season.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well, Adam Lallana’s got an emphatic view on this subject, speaking on Radio Sussex this evening:

“All this talk that we need a striker, is absolute rubbish!”
Exactly

We scored 3 goals today with a 4,5,1 line up and none of them by the striker out front.

I wonder sometimes if I am watching a different team to some people here!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lets see what happens at the WC. A couple of big goals there could change everything.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Excellent. Look forward to Welbeck, March & Trossard continuing in their rich goal scoring form to take us into Europe this season
With Trossard and Gross and even Lallana scoring, not sure we do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here