Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ - “we don’t need a striker in January”

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I was mainly thinking for CB... but you're right actually, I completely forgot about Van Hecke.
I have very high hopes for young Ed Turns.

Partly becase he's looked very good when I've seen him and both Potter and De Zerbi seem to rate him.
But mainly just a feeling in my waters that he's going to do well when his chance comes.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I wonder if we’ve been spoilt with strikers in recent years with Zamora, Murray, Ulloa and Murray again all being high scorers in successful teams. Does it mean we’re conditioned to think a high scoring striker is imperative to succeed?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wonder if we’ve been spoilt with strikers in recent years with Zamora, Murray, Ulloa and Murray again all being high scorers in successful teams. Does it mean we’re conditioned to think a high scoring striker is imperative to succeed?
No Tomer in that list?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Old news. For AGES I've been saying that if more goals come from elsewhere then talk of a new striker – and concerns over the existing ones – goes out of the window.

When Maupay went, someone on here asked where his eight or nine goals a season came from – as I pointed out at the time, the likes of MacAllister and Groß were already outscoring their totals from the previous season. So, yeah, like I said back then, there!

'But wait until Welbeck is injured (or isn't playing)!', they cried. Um, ok... Yep, Welbz not on the pitch much in the past two games and we've stuck seven goals in.

Can't wait to hear the next excuse for DEMANDING that TB spaffs tens of millions of pounds on a striker :lolol:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Van Hecke, Colwill, Estupinan, Lamptey, Turns, Offiah .......................

No, you're right, we've got nothing in reserve at all.
I know this is the opposite of the point you are making but this list highlights to me the need for an experienced centre half as cover. Two of the players who cite are full backs and can’t cover at Centre Half. Of the others none have started a game in the PL, if Webster and Dunk both picked up injury/suspension there’s no way this is sufficient cover.

I also expect we will replace Mwepu as that clearly wasn’t part of the plan; though that might be Alzate coming back.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lallana talking bollocks on MOTD £80m to replace in a good year 8 goal Danny Welbeck 😀

Some fans might well think Adam Lallana talks "b*****" , but RDZ thinks he's "like a teacher, because he understands the new advice, the new idea in terms of style of play", and Adam Webster says
"He’s a very vocal character. It’s not just on the pitch, it’s off the pitch, in training.
who has "just driven the standards up completely."

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some fans might well think Adam Lallana talks "b*****" , but RDZ thinks he's "like a teacher, because he understands the new advice, the new idea in terms of style of play", and Adam Webster says
"He’s a very vocal character. It’s not just on the pitch, it’s off the pitch, in training.
And I think he will become a very good manager one day although that has nothing to do with £80m to replace DW.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
those aren't mutually exclusive. we can appreciate that he'll make a great manager, and has a very good tactical understanding of the game, whilst also acknowledging that rating welbeck as an £80M player is slightly excessive

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
those aren't mutually exclusive. we can appreciate that he'll make a great manager, and has a very good tactical understanding of the game, whilst also acknowledging that rating welbeck as an £80M player is slightly excessive
I guess i thought he didn't quite say Welbeck was a £80m player - obviously not at his age , goal scoring record etc , he said that you have to pay those types of sums for PL strikers...but i can see what you mean. Either way. Biit strong to call it "b*****ks"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just looking over the weekend fixtures.

West Ham/Palace - No striker goals
Villa/United - No striker goals
Soton/Toon - 5 goals....1 by a striker
Everton/Leicester - No striker goals
Arsenal/Chelsea - No striker goals
Leeds/Bournemouth - 7 goals scored....I believe 1 by a 'striker'
Our game - 5 goals, none by a striker

Still....a striker is essential....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I guess i thought he didn't quite say Welbeck was a £80m player - obviously not at his age , goal scoring record etc , he said that you have to pay those types of sums for PL strikers...but i can see what you mean. Either way. Biit strong to call it "b*****ks"
Look. This is how it is.

We will never get anywhere without buying a proven striker.

And we need a tory government because they are the only ones who know how to manage the economy, and stop all those immigrants.

:unsure:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just looking over the weekend fixtures.

West Ham/Palace - No striker goals
Villa/United - No striker goals
Soton/Toon - 5 goals....1 by a striker
Everton/Leicester - No striker goals
Arsenal/Chelsea - No striker goals
Leeds/Bournemouth - 7 goals scored....I believe 1 by a 'striker'
Our game - 5 goals, none by a striker

Still....a striker is essential....
I'm not sure if I am contradicting you here, or reinforcing your point, but Benrahma, Zaha, Bailey, Almiron, Wood, Barnes, Solanke, Greenwood, Rodrygo, Summerville, Mitoma and Guedes are all 'forwards'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Look. This is how it is.

We will never get anywhere without buying a proven striker.

And we need a tory government because they are the only ones who know how to manage the economy, and stop all those immigrants.

:unsure:
And they are the ONLY ones who can clear up the mess left by whoever was in charge the past 12 years. Just like a striker is the ONLY solution to our terrible form since we arrived in the PL :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He’s not valuing Welbeck at £80m by saying that, he’s indicating we’d need to spend that to replace him like-for-for like (or similar)……..and he’s probably not far off the mark.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He’s not valuing Welbeck at £80m by saying that, he’s indicating we’d need to spend that to replace him like-for-for like (or similar)……..and he’s probably not far off the mark.
I think he is. the scouts picked out kouame who has near identical stats and was available for £9 million. and it would not take £80 million to replace the goal output of someone who has never hit double figures in the league.

but this is immaterial anyway as we probably don't need to add anything right now and Danny is more than good enough for where we are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here