Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ - “we don’t need a striker in January”

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's right. We're 6th in the league and finished 9th last year. If we come across an out and out striker who is available and at the right price, then we'll no doubt buy him. If we don't, we won't. Same as it is every season. It's not that hard to understand really, but I know a lot of football fans struggle with the concept. As Lallana said on Saturday, to sign a striker as good as Danny Welbeck would mean spending £80-£90 million. It's not going to happen, and nobody at the level would come to us even if we did try that tactic.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Look. This is how it is.

We will never get anywhere without buying a proven striker.

And we need a tory government because they are the only ones who know how to manage the economy, and stop all those immigrants.

:unsure:
You’re talking Lallanas

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think he is. the scouts picked out kouame who has near identical stats and was available for £9 million. and it would not take £80 million to replace the goal output of someone who has never hit double figures in the league.

but this is immaterial anyway as we probably don't need to add anything right now and Danny is more than good enough for where we are
Not just about goals though……. :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's right. We're 6th in the league and finished 9th last year. If we come across an out and out striker who is available and at the right price, then we'll no doubt buy him. If we don't, we won't. Same as it is every season. It's not that hard to understand really, but I know a lot of football fans struggle with the concept. As Lallana said on Saturday, to sign a striker as good as Danny Welbeck would mean spending £80-£90 million. It's not going to happen, and nobody at the level would come to us even if we did try that tactic.
Indeed. Nuñez didn’t want to come here at £35m, let alone any £80m rated player.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s not valuing Welbeck at £80m by saying that, he’s indicating we’d need to spend that to replace him like-for-for like (or similar)……..and he’s probably not far off the mark.
Precisely.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some fans might well think Adam Lallana talks "b*****" ,
do you think Danny Welbeck is worth £80M ? Given that would smash our previous records I’m sure Bloom wouldn’t stand in his way for £80M.

Interestingly on TalkSport today Adam Lallana actually used the figure £30M-£40M, so maybe he’s slept on it eh ?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
do you think Danny Welbeck is worth £80M ? Given that would smash our previous records I’m sure Bloom wouldn’t stand in his way for £80M.

Interestingly on TalkSport today Adam Lallana actually used the figure £30M-£40M, so maybe he’s slept on it eh ?
He's not saying Welbeck is worth that amount, he's saying that buying a player that does what Welbeck does for the team would cost a lot of money

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Broja could be available at around £25m

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'm pretty sure Tony Bloom would laugh like a DRAIN all the way to the bank if he could offload Danny Welbeck for £80M. Or indeed £30M-£40M. Look, he's even got ME doing it now :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not sure if I am contradicting you here, or reinforcing your point, but Benrahma, Zaha, Bailey, Almiron, Wood, Barnes, Solanke, Greenwood, Rodrygo, Summerville, Mitoma and Guedes are all 'forwards'.
Yep, reinforcing.

of those, I categorise Solanke and Wood as 'strikers'. All the others are forwards. Drift out wide, creative players who you hope to contribute goals.

I'd put it another way. If we were after a 'striker' and we signed one of these types of players, that wouldn't tick the box for many. I think those crying out for a 'striker' have in their mind a central player focused on scoring goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here