Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick, easy and TASTY suppers PLEASE

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's the grated cheese that makes all the difference.

There should be a new section on NSC - NSC recipes...

You see - this is where NSC pisses on BBS.

Urbane, intelligent, creative cooks, passionate about eating well, happy to share ideas and skills with fellow supporters.

Better than the scabby bastards at the syphilitic end of the A23 who find dead cats a treat.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Selection of salad leaves
Chicken livers - pan fried without oil
Grilled bacon, sliced into bite-size bits
Your favourite dressing (simple vinaigrette will always work)

Takes mere minutes to prepare. Tastes great. Costs peanuts. AND it's good and healthy too

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Selection of salad leaves
Chicken livers - pan fried without oil
Grilled bacon, sliced into bite-size bits
Your favourite dressing (simple vinaigrette will always work)

Takes mere minutes to prepare. Tastes great. Costs peanuts. AND it's good and healthy too

What do you have for your main course?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The missus just won't have offal. Silly cow. It's WELL nice.

Not only is it nice, it's LUDICROUSLY cheap and it's PACKED full of goodness.

I'll tell you what is S I M P L E

Pop down the butcher and pick up a load of lamb's liver
Get a couple of onions from the greengrocer

Fry them

Eat

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Theming the food for the football tonight:-

ITALIAN STARTER

Tricolore insalata:-

Sliced (ripe) avocado, mozzarella, vine tomatoes.

Add basil leaves (if available). Make salad dressing (1/2 olive oil, 1/2 balsamic vinegar). Mix, add seasoning - black pepper, dried mixed herbs).

Eat on it's own, or with grilled/toasted ciabatta or French (already eliminated) bread.

GERMAN MAIN COURSE

Buy some loose German (at deli) or tinned sausages/frankfurters (Mattesson's do them in shrink-wrapped packs).

Heat them in simmering/boiling water or grill.

Buy, remove and heat contents of Sauerkraut/Bigos/Choucroute jar - pickled cabbage by many different names in Continental Europe.... Globus is the Polish make.

Topical, quick and easy, not necessarily tasty and is likely to repeat on you (as will TV football highlights....)

Wash down (temporarily) with Peroni or Weissbier

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'll tell you what else is a BANGING little quick dish you can knock out on the cheap at the moment:

Co-Op do packs of pork belly slices for around £3.50 for 500g (easily enough for two people). Slap a bit of oil and jerk seasoning on them then put them under the grill and you've got some seriously delicious jerk pork on your hands. The obvious compliment to this would be some rice and peas, however I find this is a bit of a ballache to do right so tend to just take the easy option of oven chips.

SMASHED IT

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Need some inspiration for din dins tonight. Missus is working until quite late and needs FEEDING.

What you got?

:lizard:

I just made Paella and she loved it. Even got the caramelised rice bit at the bottom loads of flavour.

I'm in the good books, :flameboun

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Rustle up one of these:

Rustlers.png

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Mozzarella, chorizo pasta bake, Parmesan on top, served with garlic bread".........frickin awesome

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Baked trout

Open up a couple of trout, dot in some butter, garlic, chopped dill and ground black pepper. Wrap them up in foil, and bake for 20 minutes in a mediium-hot oven.

Grilled Trout

Tie the Mrs to a robust chair.
Shine strong torch into her eyes and ask where she was until 4.30 this morning

A recipe for success believe me, not that I have ever done it of course.

TNBA

TTF

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Linguine
Prawns
1 red chilli
Garlic
Spring Greens

Method:
Cook the pasta, 3 mins before the end, stick half a pack (or more) of the spring greens into the pot with the pasta. Then get a wok smoking hot, chuck in the garlic chilli and praws, then eat that shit all up. Nice. :thumbsup:

Couldn't get linguine so I used tagliatelli instead but it worked a treat. I also bunged in a bit of fresh pepper and added a little wine to the prawns, chilli and garlic. Bish bosh, 10 minutes later and my girlfriend loved it. Cheers!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Help needed - I need to get hold of some dried salted cod, does anyone know if anywhere sells such stuff in the Brighton/Hove area please? It's the kind that you then soak for hours before cooking. Thanks in advance.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Help needed - I need to get hold of some dried salted cod, does anyone know if anywhere sells such stuff in the Brighton/Hove area please? It's the kind that you then soak for hours before cooking. Thanks in advance.

Don't know about Brighton & Hove, but you're in London, right?

Borough Market has a Spanish shop - opposite the Market Porter. I'm pretty certain they do bacalao in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here