Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick, easy and TASTY suppers PLEASE

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Need some inspiration for din dins tonight. Missus is working until quite late and needs FEEDING.

What you got?

:lizard:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Linguine with red onion (sweated), chorizo chunks (lightly fried until the juices are oozing), black olives, and a squeeze of lime juice.

:drool:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ingredients

2 tins of butter beans
225g (8oz) hchorizo 50ml (2fl oz) olive oil
5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
175ml (6fl oz) red wine
1 x 400g (14oz) can chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Salt

Method

Put the butter beans into a large pan with lots of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour until tender. Drain and set aside.
Cut the chorizo sausages into thin slices.
Put the olive oil and garlic into a pan and heat over a medium-high heat until the garlic begins to sizzle.
Add the chorizo and cook until the slices are lightly browned on either side, then add the onion and continue to cook until it has softened.
Add the red wine and cook until it has reduced to almost nothing.
Add the canned chopped tomatoes, thyme, butter beans and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and simmer for 15 minutes.
Scatter over the parsley, spoon the stew into deep warmed bowls and serve with some crusty fresh bread.

Serves 4

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Linguine with red onion (sweated), chorizo chunks (lightly fried until the juices are oozing), black olives, and a squeeze of lime juice.

:drool:

Ooh yeah! That's more like it.

Alan - I am a WHIZZ in the kitchen. Just out of ideas is all. I might just go buy some mussels from FISH.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ooh yeah! That's more like it.

Alan - I am a WHIZZ in the kitchen. Just out of ideas is all. I might just go buy some mussels from FISH.

The Guardian did 'The Perfect ... Moules Marineire' last week, you can't really chuff that up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Curried rice

Lightly fry some chopped red onions, chopped red peppers and chopped mushrooms.

Meanwhile fry some onions in a saucepan - add garlic, chilli, ground ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika and turmeric. Stir in well until the onions are soft. Add some rice (as much as you need), stir in well with the onions and spices, then add (bit by bit) chicken stock. Add enough stock to cover the rice, and place a lid on it. Every few minutes, add more stock to the rice as it soaks up the last lot.

After 15 minutes, stir in the fried onions and peppers and some frozen peas, and leave to cook for 5 more minutes.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Baked trout

Open up a couple of trout, dot in some butter, garlic, chopped dill and ground black pepper. Wrap them up in foil, and bake for 20 minutes in a mediium-hot oven.

Exactly what we are having tomorrow, but I bake mine wrapped tightly on newspaper then soaked under a tap, when the paper is dry cut it open peel back the paper all the skin comes off leaving tasty steamed flesh...... knob of nutter and some noodles and salad .. easy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whats wrong with beans on toast? maybe with a couple of sausages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here