Question Time

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Absolutely, and that is why we should have another go at it.
It's such a huge decision and it was based on lies that people on both sides fell for.
Now the dust is starting to settle many people may be regretting their decision.
Many times I have said if only I knew then what I know now I would not have done that.
Ireland saw the error of their ways and another country that slips my mind.
But if another referendum was called I think Brexit may still win due to immigration alone as I said above which saddens me greatly.
Why should we accept the decision if our awful MP's once again took the public for fools, this is a chance for us to make our own decisions now we know some facts and had time to sit down and think for ourselves rather than being washed along on a tidal wave of lies and emotion.

we have had our say,we voted to leave
the terms of our exit will be agreed, this will then be voted on by the European Parliament,....you voted for these MEP`s . Im happy for this parliament to vote as an elected council on the terms of the agreement, surely you consider The EU parliament as a democratic representation of yourself in this matter.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That's really quite insulting, so what your saying is anyone who voted Brexit is an idiot.

I don't think for one minute anyone who voted 'Brexit' is an idiot.

The majority, I suspect ( not all) of those voting Brexit were racist xenophobes, hiding behind the false promises of freedom to negotiate trade deals outside the EU....oh, and of course the laughable £350 million a week for the NHS.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You are right, they did not, they could not, they talked about points system which to a certain extent I agree with.
What I meant was many people saw it as a way of stopping immigration and getting rid of those that are here already.
It's only my opinion but based on quite a few programmed that I have watched from places like Boston, Peterborough and of course Burnley.
Now I know I have only named 3 places but I think there is something in what I am saying but of course I may be wrong but it's not based on blind anti Brexit.
I also think that many older people based it on immigration alone.
I may be wrong saying it was TOTALLY based on that but it was high on the list if not top.
I just wish we had a few more facts at the time and what each side would actually have done if we voted to leave instead of just spin.

in reality you shouldnt base your opinion on watching programmes that have centred around Boston Peterborough and Burnley, everyone is aware these three towns have been prominent when it comes to immigration.They have had big problems adjusting and you are more than likely to get extreme views coming out of these towns compared to others.
Its not fair to base any extreme views you have witnessed from these places onto the whole Leave campaign and its supporters which you have done.....and many others have done before you also.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

The majority, I suspect ( not all) of those voting Brexit were racist xenophobes, hiding behind the false promises of freedom to negotiate trade deals outside the EU....oh, and of course the laughable £350 million a week for the NHS.

cant agree with you but I commend you, at least you have the balls to shout out loud racist xenophobes.
the pussies on the referendum thread are desperate to do this but dont want to openly show themselves as dicks. They should take some inspiration from you.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Absolutely, and that is why we should have another go at it.
It's such a huge decision and it was based on lies that people on both sides fell for.
Now the dust is starting to settle many people may be regretting their decision.
Many times I have said if only I knew then what I know now I would not have done that.
Ireland saw the error of their ways and another country that slips my mind.
But if another referendum was called I think Brexit may still win due to immigration alone as I said above which saddens me greatly.
Why should we accept the decision if our awful MP's once again took the public for fools, this is a chance for us to make our own decisions now we know some facts and had time to sit down and think for ourselves rather than being washed along on a tidal wave of lies and emotion.

Oh ok so you dont like the result , so lets vote again but lets not have any crap peddled ,, so you are now saying that you want to sensor what is said so it suits ? hmmmm a worrying trend !

Jan 30, 2008

what a Toby:facepalm:
regards
DR

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The answer to Brexit seems to be to rely on the Commonwealth apparently. So the answer to bringing down immigration from the EU is to increase immigration from outside it?

Good luck with relying on the Commonwealth for future trade! When the EU confirms access to the Single Market is dependent upon free movement of people the government will restrict non-EY migration even more to appease UKIP / Leave voters, thereby upsetting the very Commonwealth partners like India that we want to trade more with.

Jan 30, 2008
good luck with relying on the commonwealth for future trade! When the eu confirms access to the single market is dependent upon free movement of people the government will restrict non-ey migration even more to appease ukip / leave voters, thereby upsetting the very commonwealth partners like india that we want to trade more with.
you've got a crystal ball then:facepalm:
regards
DR

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
you've got a crystal ball then:facepalm:
regards
DR

Lets look at the clues:

1. Brexit won because of Leave voters insisting immigration has to come down.
2. EU insistent access to Single Market dependent upon free movement of people.
3. PM wants access to the Single Market.
4. India's priority is for more Indians to be allowed to live, work and do business in the UK to promote bilateral trade.

Jan 30, 2008
Lets look at the clues:

4. India's priority is for more Indians to be allowed to live, work and do business in the UK to promote bilateral trade.

5. empty statements," because, insists, wants , priority" = nothing
regards
DR

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lets look at the clues:

There was something like ELEVEN million idiots who never even voted at all. Need to TAX those ignorant f*ckers with a fine like the Aussies do. Only way they might someday learn that there IS such a thing as society, despite Thatcher's assertion to the contrary, and guess what, they are actually part of it, whether they're too dim to realise it or not.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There was something like ELEVEN million idiots who never even voted at all. Need to TAX those ignorant f*ckers with a fine like the Aussies do. Only way they might someday learn that there IS such a thing as society, despite Thatcher's assertion to the contrary, and guess what, they are actually part of it, whether they're too dim to realise it or not.

Maybe they abstained due to not having a firm opinion? I did vote but I was more than a bit conflicted but the barrage of bollocks from both sides. Of course maybe they couldn't be arsed but even then I'd prefer that to voting on something you had no opinion on.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
we have had our say,we voted to leave
the terms of our exit will be agreed, this will then be voted on by the European Parliament,....you voted for these MEP`s . Im happy for this parliament to vote as an elected council on the terms of the agreement, surely you consider The EU parliament as a democratic representation of yourself in this matter.

the terms of our exit will be agreed by whom exactly?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe they abstained due to not having a firm opinion? I did vote but I was more than a bit conflicted but the barrage of bollocks from both sides. Of course maybe they couldn't be arsed but even then I'd prefer that to voting on something you had no opinion on.

That would be my guess. Tho if most of the thick lazy cvnts who didn't bother to vote had been made to, under pain of a fine, then IMHO the LEAVE vote would only have been wider.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
in reality you shouldnt base your opinion on watching programmes that have centred around Boston Peterborough and Burnley, everyone is aware these three towns have been prominent when it comes to immigration.They have had big problems adjusting and you are more than likely to get extreme views coming out of these towns compared to others.
Its not fair to base any extreme views you have witnessed from these places onto the whole Leave campaign and its supporters which you have done.....and many others have done before you also.

I think this gets to the core of this debate. The effect of immigration positive or negative very much depends on where you live in the UK. It's a failing of pretty much every political party in this country to not acknowledge this and to attempt to deal with it in broad national brush strokes.

One of the few sensible things I've heard Owen Smith say was when asked 'Do we have an immigration problem in this country?' He responded 'It depends on where you live.'

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The answer to Brexit seems to be to rely on the Commonwealth apparently. So the answer to bringing down immigration from the EU is to increase immigration from outside it?

No, the answer is to allow people in to the country that possess the skills that this country needs, from wherever in the world, rather than letting unlimited numbers of unskilled people from Europe to swamp our country and therefore push down wages and make it impossible for those that are already here, that may be unskilled but nonetheless hard working, to provide for their families and have a decent standard of living.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You haven't got a clue what will happen after this result. It's a ****ing shambles.

That wasn't the question he asked you but well done for avoiding it - maybe you should be on the Question Time panel with swerving skills like that.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think this gets to the core of this debate. The effect of immigration positive or negative very much depends on where you live in the UK. It's a failing of pretty much every political party in this country to not acknowledge this and to attempt to deal with it in broad national brush strokes.

One of the few sensible things I've heard Owen Smith say was when asked 'Do we have an immigration problem in this country?' He responded 'It depends on where you live.'

Exactly. The people who voted for Brexit were those living in areas where immigration has not yet actually affected their lives - but they can travel to, or just watch on TV what has happened to the other parts of the UK where it has.

Hence in Germany the AFD are much stronger in Saxony and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern where the influx from the Middle East and elsewhere is less marked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports