Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR - now relegated, will they have to pay their FFP fine?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:lol: Are Rangers the legal system now?

They choose not to challenge a decision until it's too late to get their challenge through the courts before the new season is planned. Presumably they plan to spend £100m on players etc to ensure they walk the Championship next season, so that by the time they lose the court case, they'll already be back in the PL.

They are not in the Championship. They are not currently members of the Football League so are not allowed to compete. The current members could easily table a motion at the AGM to not to allow any club who fails to pay their fine back in to the league.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They are not in the Championship. They are not currently members of the Football League so are not allowed to compete.
No I know, I'm just looking at their argument.
The current members could easily table a motion at the AGM to not to allow any club who fails to pay their fine back in to the league.
Is that how it's supposed to work - ie, is the decision supposed to be made by the clubs, or are the league officials supposed to make the decision, based on the previous instructions from the club owners?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is that how it's supposed to work - ie, is the decision supposed to be made by the clubs, or are the league officials supposed to make the decision, based on the previous instructions from the club owners?

I would imagine the League can refuse membership based on failure to adhere to the constitution of the League. i.e rules agreed and voted on by member clubs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would imagine the League can refuse membership based on failure to adhere to the constitution of the League. i.e rules agreed and voted on by member clubs.

That happens to all new teams joining a league at all levels their acceptance has to be voted on by the members and then elected. In the old days it happened every year with clubs at the bottom of the then div 4 seeking re election. some where re-elected some werent. This applies to QPR.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I would be AMAZED if The Football League showed any sort of balls in this situation

Well that had been my view...however, since it now appears QPR are pursuing a legal war it would appear not, surely.
Bearing in mind this has in probability been under discussion between the League and QPR on a daily basis, I suggest the FL have grown Testi otherwise why the legal stuff?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

At the Fans Forum Barber answered a question about FFP, saying that all league clubs signed up to the agreement, having voted for the rules.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the Fans Forum Barber answered a question about FFP, saying that all league clubs signed up to the agreement, having voted for the rules.
I know that - what I was questioning was whether the clubs need to be involved again, to have QPR removed from the league (unless they pay the fine) or whether the League officials just get on with it, since the rules have already been set.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know that - what I was questioning was whether the clubs need to be involved again, to have QPR removed from the league (unless they pay the fine) or whether the League officials just get on with it, since the rules have already been set.

Sorry I was stating the obvious but it had already been posted on the previous pages.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I did not know that, thanks. Another poor rule then - cheat, stay up and get a few years in the PL without penalty.

The problem is the PL and FL are independent of one another, so FL sanctions don't apply in the PL.

The PL doesn't want promoted teams to pay the fines whilst they are in the PL because it would make it difficult for them to compete.

Given that each Championship club will be receiving nearly £7 million from the PL TV deal they're not in a position to dictate terms.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Given that each Championship club will be receiving nearly £7 million from the PL TV deal they're not in a position to dictate terms.

How much is that up from? Is it proportionate to the increased deal struck or have they also increased the percentage?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just saw this article on the BBC. Essentially QPR will not be barred from the Championship. Which is a shame. Legal process re the fine may not be resolved before the start of the season. What a surprise!

Queens Park Rangers will not be barred from the Championship despite being accused of breaching Football League regulations.
QPR are alleged to have spent more on salaries than rules allowed when they were in the division two seasons ago.
The London club have been relegated from the Premier League after just one season back in the top flight.
A Football League spokesman said that QPR would be "welcomed" into the Championship.
QPR revealed a £9.8m loss in March but £60m of loans were written off by owner Tony Fernandes and other shareholders.
If the Football League refuses to find the loans acceptable under its Financial Fair Play rules, QPR could be fined by up to £58m.
Excluding QPR from the Championship was an option open to the league if the club refused to pay any fine that is eventually imposed.
The club have begun legal action questioning the validity of the rules but the matter may not be resolved before the new season starts on 8 August.
A Football League spokesman said the process is ongoing.

www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32742194

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pathetic. The rules are very clear, and it's equally clear that QPR have broken them. Pay the fine or don't join the league.

Just saw this article on the BBC. Essentially QPR will not be barred from the Championship. Which is a shame. Legal process re the fine may not be resolved before the start of the season. What a surprise!

Queens Park Rangers will not be barred from the Championship despite being accused of breaching Football League regulations.
QPR are alleged to have spent more on salaries than rules allowed when they were in the division two seasons ago.
The London club have been relegated from the Premier League after just one season back in the top flight.
A Football League spokesman said that QPR would be "welcomed" into the Championship.
QPR revealed a £9.8m loss in March but £60m of loans were written off by owner Tony Fernandes and other shareholders.
If the Football League refuses to find the loans acceptable under its Financial Fair Play rules, QPR could be fined by up to £58m.
Excluding QPR from the Championship was an option open to the league if the club refused to pay any fine that is eventually imposed.
The club have begun legal action questioning the validity of the rules but the matter may not be resolved before the new season starts on 8 August.
A Football League spokesman said the process is ongoing.

www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32742194

So basically ,if QPR can convince the FL that £60m is to be written off as loans then the whole FFP has been an absolute pigs orphan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here