Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] **** Putin. Send in the RAF to unilaterally implement a no fly zone.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are you actually mad or pretending to be mad? There is no empire anymore...let it go; UK is just a small island on the edge of Europe. If UK was a football club it would be League 1 Ipswich Town; it used to punch above its weight but these days is only a minor threat...

Ipswich town have a seat on the PL Big 6 table? I don’t think so…We might be much reduced but we definitely ain’t League 2 when it comes to Int. power. Probably more Everton these days!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Top 15 Military Branches with the Most Powerful Air Fleets (by TrueValue Rating) - WDMMA 2021:

United States Air Force - 242.9
United States Navy - 142.4
Russian Air Force - 114.2
United States Army Aviation - 112.6
United States Marine Corps - 85.3
Indian Air Force - 69.4
People's Liberation Army Air Force (China) - 63.8
Japan Air Self-Defence Force - 58.1
Israeli Air Force - 58.0
French Air Force - 56.3
British Royal Air Force - 55.3
South Korean Air Force - 53.4
Italian Air Force - 51.9
Royal Australian Air Force - 51.7
People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force (China) - 49.3

At least we're staying up although the chances of a top half finish seem unlikely.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you actually mad or pretending to be mad? There is no empire anymore...let it go; UK is just a small island on the edge of Europe. If UK was a football club it would be League 1 Ipswich Town; it used to punch above its weight but these days is only a minor threat...

We have let it go. We've been letting it go for over 70 years. Strangely, almost all the former empire countries have chosen to remain in friendship in the Commonwealth since leaving the empire - all except one that I can think of off-hand. I'm sure Scotland would join their mates on the outside given half a chance ...........

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ukraine arent putting many of their own fighters up, why should we?
we can run a sortie and run back to Poland, assuming they dodge the SAMs. then after first sorties, Polish airfield gets a visit from Iskander and cruise missles.

i dont doubt our ability to go toe-to-toe with the Russian fighters, its just more complex than a straight dogfight a la of Battle of Britain.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I am quite happy for anyone to dismiss my drunken ramblings, it follows very little logic. I just want this all to stop now. I’ve had enough. I don’t want my two little boys growing up in this world. We have to do better. I don’t know how?

I'm not dismissing them, I understand what you mean. I have 2 kids as well but my short term thoughts are to keep any possibility of them being involved in any conflict out of the way. The UK going in all by itself puts our kids at greater risk. I'm going for the lesser risk option for the sake of my own children.

We stopped Hitler.

Let’s stop ****ing about.

Let’s lead on this instead of being so ****ing cowardly like we were when Hitler started war in Europe. **** NATO, we do this on our own.

The RAF are Champions League compared to the shitty League One Russian Air Force. Let’s close the skies above the Ukraine and see what that **** Putin does about it. He only understands force. We can sort the steroid inflated paranoid half brain out. Let’s destroy his ****ing Air Forces.

Pipe down Dr Strangewank

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
We have let it go. We've been letting it go for over 70 years. Strangely, almost all the former empire countries have chosen to remain in friendship in the Commonwealth since leaving the empire - all except one that I can think of off-hand. I'm sure Scotland would join their mates on the outside given half a chance ...........

Remaining "in friendship" in the Commonwealth is not quite the same as supplying millions of men and materials to support Britain in WW1 and WW2.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We stopped Hitler.

Let’s lead on this instead of being so ****ing cowardly like we were when Hitler started war in Europe. **** NATO, we do this on our own.

The RAF are Champions League compared to the shitty League One Russian Air Force. Let’s close the skies above the Ukraine and see what that **** Putin does about it. He only understands force. We can sort the steroid inflated paranoid half brain out. Let’s destroy his ****ing Air Forces.

Quite a speech :smile: I like your style.
Let’s think about it first though..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure if the 25 or so pilots we have left, currently sitting on sofas reading papers and smoking pipes outside the dispatchers office at Manston are going to be enough for this " show " ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We stopped Hitler.

Sending the RAF in would be ludicrous, they're spread thin as it is.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is this the military equivalent of saying drop the entire first team for the next game and play the U23s?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
deluded bollox from the OP , do they not think that if that was a viable option then someone high up in the military would have exercised it already ..........a third party dispatching their air force into this battle opens a can of worms that no one has the lid to, Putin needs bumping off , it's the only way forward.

someones been on the stella with tequila chasers .....sleep it off mate.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We stopped Hitler.

Are you available for the Norwich prematch team talk?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We stopped Hitler.

Evening Delia.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I am quite happy for anyone to dismiss my drunken ramblings, it follows very little logic. I just want this all to stop now. I’ve had enough. I don’t want my two little boys growing up in this world. We have to do better. I don’t know how?
Humans are primitive, the world could be great if we all worked together no rich or poor everyone could live great lives. Greed power and killing in 2022 it’s never going to change, men like Putin no different to a chest beating ape living in the jungle

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
UK - 225 nuclear weapons
Russia - over 6,000 nuclear weapons

End of debate.

Can never work out out why countries need so many, surely a handful is sufficient and deters aggression

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can never work out out why countries need so many, surely a handful is sufficient and deters aggression

Because nuclear weapons are essentially an international dick-swinging contest, and there's no point entering one of those with only a regular sized one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here