Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Put forward your favourite drummer

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Moon for me....not necessarily technically the best, he wasn't.....but energy, charisma and sheer 'rock and roll'! 'dear Boy' is the best Rock biography I've read. Showed what a true genius he was but also how he sadly self destructed.

Max Weinberg

Seconded. Have only seen the E-Street Band once (can't for the life of my recall the name of their singer/guitarist - very charismatic and writes great songs) but it struck me a) how small his kit was b) how much noise he got out it (ok I know it is miked up). Proof that it isn't how big it is but how well you use it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Moon

(Weinberg a bloody good second)

Steve Van Zandt?

:jester:

No, not him, although he did a lot of good stuff for Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes and will forerver bear the scars of supporting the Quo at Smelhurst Park on their "farewell" tour in '84!

Another nominee from me is Mark Brzezicki of Big Country, saw them a few time live in their '80's hey day. One of those drummers who can keep a solid beat whilst not actually playing on the beat and also managing to put in lots of "twiddly bits" well. See also Stewart Copeland and Steve Boorer (former drummer of legendary Sussex band "The Drivers").

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
and will forerver bear the scars of supporting the Quo at Smelhurst Park on their "farewell" tour in '84!
I was at that concert!!! If I remember rightly he was fronting his band "Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul". I think by then there had been one too many suporting acts including Chas and Dave, and a large number of bottles were thrown. Steven got a little upset and angry.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Either of these two...

063fa0fa1c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here