Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Put forward your favourite drummer

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
After a drunken conversation with Mr Celebration the Elder last night I thought I would open this up to NSC.

What is your favourite drummer / piece of drumming?

My suggestion is....Phil Taylor on overkill...

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
That would be this guy then:

the-stone-roses-reni-of-009_profile_page.jpg

Albion, England & Stone Roses forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
Kenneth Schalk, drummer for Candiria. Jazz drumming background, hits incredibly powerfully, blending a range of styles from metal to hip hop to funk and jazz. Here's a vid (he breaks his double kick pedal halfway through though, heh):

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
John Bonham

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ooohhh good shout! just watched that, loved one of the Youtube comments which suggested he was trying to beat himself at a drum-off. :lol:

Wanted to go and see them last week at the O2,bloody ridiculous prices put paid to that though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Before I opened the thread I had my picks, Mikkey Dee and Bonzo. Many others are great, but IMO none are better.

Favourites
Moon, then perhaps Mitch Mitchell, then Ringo.

Best drummers in Rock? Ginger Baker, Terry Bozzio, Bill Bruford.

Most astounding and impressive I've seen was probably Aynsley Dunbar. Outrageously good - versatile and reliable, inventive and exact.
Incidentally he was a choice for Jimmy Page when forming Led Zep, before Bonham.
In my opinion, John Bonham has been surpassed - by his son Jason

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
Wanted to go and see them last week at the O2,bloody ridiculous prices put paid to that though.

Went up and i reckon it was the best i have seen them play also they looked to really be enjoying themselves . An absolutely awsome gig, only dissapointment was they didnt play The Trees

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here