Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Puncheon

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Is this the lad who has been at a number of clubs, plays fantastically for a while and then gets loaned out? Sounds dodgy, does he have issues?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Puncheon is very talented but seems to have plenty of baggage and not a good influence in the dressing room. Think he was well received at Blackpool until he threw his toys out of the pram, then seen in a different light.

With all that is going on at the moment it would be good to have sensible characters around the Club. Same goes for Nile Ranger too who was also being touted on here recently. I could put up with having Reyes back, as long as someone confiscates his car keys.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is he just a problem player or is it just a personality clash? I'd be surprised if Poyet went anywhere near a known "problem player" given that he was happy enough to see Murray scuttle off to SE25.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or maybe, just MAYBE, Cortese's the one who is a prat? A chairman getting involved with picking the team ALWAYS ends well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or maybe, just MAYBE, Cortese's the one who is a prat? A chairman getting involved with picking the team ALWAYS ends well.
Possibly.

However:
"I'm not going anywhere," Puncheon tweeted. "Gonna sit and train with the kids for 18 months, see how Cortese likes that, then go on a free.

What sort of attitude is he portraying there? If that is what happens, he will end up at a league 1 or 2 club in 18 months time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Possibly.

However:
"I'm not going anywhere," Puncheon tweeted. "Gonna sit and train with the kids for 18 months, see how Cortese likes that, then go on a free.

What sort of attitude is he portraying there? If that is what happens, he will end up at a league 1 or 2 club in 18 months time.

Agreed, he's being an immature knob, but I wonder what Cortese did in the first place to provoke that response? Sounds like Cortese has decided over Adkins' head that Puncheon isn't to play again this season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed, he's being an immature knob, but I wonder what Cortese did in the first place to provoke that response? Sounds like Cortese has decided over Adkins' head that Puncheon isn't to play again this season.
Who knows?

I know we're all supposed to dislike him for one crass comment last season, but to me Nigel Adkins seems quite likeable and is clearly a good motivator. I'd be surprised if Adkins has accepted an ultimatum from their board that a certain player is not to play again, unless the player really is as much of a bellend as that tweet of his makes him sound.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who knows?

I know we're all supposed to dislike him for one crass comment last season, but to me Nigel Adkins seems quite likeable and is clearly a good motivator. I'd be surprised if Adkins has accepted an ultimatum from their board that a certain player is not to play again, unless the player really is as much of a bellend as that tweet of his makes him sound.

Well...it does all suggest that Cortese has had some say, doesn't it? Why would he mention the chairman at all otherwise? He doesn't complain about Adkins not picking him.

And I'll repeat: Chairmen getting involved with picking the team ALWAYS ends well.

Also, Adkins is a smarmy David Brent of a cock of a man. Regardless of who he manages. Far, FAR bigger wanker than Pardew in my book. Even without "that" throwaway comment.

Yeovil Saint

Apr 22, 2011
Is he just a problem player or is it just a personality clash? I'd be surprised if Poyet went anywhere near a known "problem player" given that he was happy enough to see Murray scuttle off to SE25.
Might be just a personality clash, but it's a personality clash he seems to have everywhere he goes to. He'll be a great player to start with and some manager's going to think that he'll be the one to fix him, but then gets the sulk. That's why as far as I know the only offers have been loan deals, Cortese doesn't want to loan him out anymore, he wants to sell him.

Puncheon didn't look out of place in the Premier League last season for Blackpool, now can't get onto the subs bench for an injury and suspension hit Saints. Hopefully he'll get his head sorted out before he slides down the leagues.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Puncheon didn't look out of place in the Premier League last season for Blackpool, now can't get onto the subs bench for an injury and suspension hit Saints. Hopefully he'll get his head sorted out before he slides down the leagues.
A "career" in Northern Ireland beckons. I wonder whether he knows Leon Knight?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace think they may be signing him - I guess according to one of their message boards?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Possibly.

However:

Much as I dislike the player, the attitude he is displaying is that of someone with a lucrative contract given without consideration of all the problems he has caused at all of the clubs he has ever been at. Well done Southampton. You reap what you sow D

D

Deleted member 18477

i quite like puncheon to be fair. he's right as well. southampton's chairman and manager are knobs!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What gets me is that Stains don't want him so why not unload him and get him off the payroll ? Actually I don't blame him for have a go on Twitter.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Seriously guys if you take him it's us that laughing. Weve wanted rid of him for ages. When he first played for us he looked good but it was soon apparent he had a terrible attitude which we didnt want in our team. He rarely played for us last season in L1. Do you remember him missing a great chance at the Withdean in 09/10 (same game that Hammond rather annoyed you all).?

If you want a player who thinks he's god and generally cant be arsed sign Puncheon.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Good footballer?....maybe complete and utter wrongun?...definitely.

I know a couple of people that know him personally and by all accounts he’s a complete and utter idiot.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I would take him, seems like the kind of player who needs a arm put around him. Gus would sort him out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here