Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pub destinations in London on semi-final day

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
We did Boxpark last time, but not seen any reference to it being a 'Brighton' venue yet.
It ticks a lot of boxes. Drinking in the shadow of the stadium, get there early. No crush on the underground with a bursting bladder

Is there any news if we have box park again? Do you have to buy tickets separately for this?
I did hear that the owner of the Boxpark is a Brighton fan so hopefuly its available to BHA.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Went to the the Larrick in Marlebone last time. Good food, decent pub. A few football fans pub just a good pub atmosphere and relatively near the station. Only one stop from Wembley.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I did hear that the owner of the Boxpark is a Brighton fan so hopefuly its available to BHA.
When I spoke to the club after the draw, they were “hopeful” of securing Box Park. I’m assuming that was dependent upon us being given the West End of Wembley, which we have.

I’ve mot asked since, but I’m assuming it is ours, details are being worked out and we’ll hear in die course.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm on gram 2 of the 46 I bought for this fortnight-long build up. I intend to be in such a state by next Wednesday that the flares meant for my singeable anus will be devoured in a deluded melee of sleepless chaos and starvation. A hospital visit, some stitches in my deteriorated septum, and back at it in time to be at the Market Porter on matchday midday with a pouring of blood and tear-tainted Seagulls chantery. See you there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside, for the 2019 semi we hopped off at Green Park (handy for the Jubilee) and went into a massive Spoons. It was RAMMED, easily 6-deep at the bar. Luckily for us, a large group vacated a table as we walked in, so we commandeered it, and clocked the menu on the table which was advertising their phone app where you could order grog and scoff from your table to be delivered - very prescient from the then-impending PLAGUE where we'd soon get used to routinely doing this in pubs after lockdown, once we were allowed back in.

Anyhoo, rather than joining Helms Deep at the bar, I thought I'd try this app. To our delight, our booze turned up at the table within about 5 minutes. Then, as the glasses got down towards their demise another order was made, and I'd barely finished my first before my second was there before me.

Cool story bro, etc.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm on gram 2 of the 46 I bought for this fortnight-long build up. I intend to be in such a state by next Wednesday that the flares meant for my singeable anus will be devoured in a deluded melee of sleepless chaos and starvation. A hospital visit, some stitches in my deteriorated septum, and back at it in time to be at the Market Porter on matchday midday with a pouring of blood and tear-tainted Seagulls chantery. See you there.
He’s back!! Yes Meado!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
any updates as yet on Box Park someone on FB has been stating we definitely don't have it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
any updates as yet on Box Park someone on FB has been stating we definitely don't have it
It will be available to Albion fans. Just possibly not from the Albion directly, but tickets bought from BP themselves.

So I don't think it's going to be the full-on Albion hub that it was last time, which would be a slight shame.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
So my ticket is bought and thoughts are now turning to what pub(s) to head for in London on route to Wembley. In 2019 a favourite destination seemed to be the Globe or Spoons in Baker Street. Would love to get everyone’s thoughts on where people are heading as I want to head for places that will be well populated by fellow Albion fans !

Also, our designated pub at Wembley last time was the Green Man, is it safe to assume it will be the same this time seeing as we’re located at the same end of the stadium ?
Both these pubs near Baker St tube will be packed inside and out with Albion fans that's a certainty.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
This may sound like a silly question but is the match shown in Box Park? If it's separate to the STH & MA+ ticket buying policy, in theory those of us who don't have tickets for the actual match can watch it in Box Park but still soak up the atmosphere. I'm very aware that I'm clutching at straws here! :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jump off at Oxford Circus, meander up Gt Portland Street and take in the decent London pubs on that stretch, then on the Met Line at Gt Portland St.

calvstar

May 7, 2013
Haywards Heath
Train to Farringdon then a Metropolitan line to Wembley, some nice bars at Farringdon and a Wetherspoons to if you want that
Another good reason for Farringdon is that the metropolitan line starts just before so you should easily get on the many trains that go through there, I would think the Jubilee at London Bridge would be rammed before it got there

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Another good reason for Farringdon is that the metropolitan line starts just before so you should easily get on the many trains that go through there, I would think the Jubilee at London Bridge would be rammed before it got there
Are there any Brighton - Farringdon trains that Sunday? All I’m getting is change at Victoria…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here