[Albion] Pub destinations in London on semi-final day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has everyone else got the 20% off all drinks at the Boxpark from American Express ?
Looks like it is automatic on all drinks.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Green Man is the plan with the big pub garden, although it's looking like a wash out with heavy rain forecast from mid day tomorrow. Anyone know if there's much indoor space or if they'll be marquees outside?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not much chat about how to get back! Sounds like travel up to Wembley will be fairly spread out/different routes for different pubs etc. going home is a different story. Fewer trains on a Sunday evening and everyone trying to pile on the same ones?
Yep, expect carnage - especially if there are one or two cancellations (not unusual on a Sunday 'due to lack of train crew')

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Not much chat about how to get back! Sounds like travel up to Wembley will be fairly spread out/different routes for different pubs etc. going home is a different story. Fewer trains on a Sunday evening and everyone trying to pile on the same ones?
There is going to be a loooot of face in armpit action on the tube and trains coming home. Just gotta embrace it.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
There is going to be a loooot of face in armpit action on the tube and trains coming home. Just gotta embrace it.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I hope to be too happy (and/or drunk) to care by then.

4.30 kick-off isn't too bad really and the marathon crowds and road closures will have gone. Some will walk overground for a bit, some will want to go back straight away, some will have a few beers somewhere first and pootle back later on. There will be a bit of a mosh around Wembley for those in a hurry, but if you're prepared/able to wait around a bit it'll be fine.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
No different from my usual matchday experience on Southern - I am always at nose-to-armpit height.

Please use deodorant tomorrow everyone (preferably not Lynx)

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
No different from my usual matchday experience on Southern - I am always at nose-to-armpit height.

Please use deodorant tomorrow everyone (preferably not Lynx)
Ooh imagine a whole train carriage of fans wearing Lynx Africa. The way home will smell like a secondary school boys changing rooms from the early 90s.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
For those of you who stopped off at the The Globe, Baker Street last time around - what time is needed to get to Wembley as the tube will presumably be busy and queues at the ground and so on. Leave at 3pm?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Green Man is the plan with the big pub garden, although it's looking like a wash out with heavy rain forecast from mid day tomorrow. Anyone know if there's much indoor space or if they'll be marquees outside?
Green Man was a great laugh in 2019. Pretty sure they'll have factored in for April Showers in their outdoor arrangements

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve got one group of mates going to Globe and another to Green Man. Think travel and weather will dictate who my favourite friends are :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports