[Albion] Pub destinations in London on semi-final day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

calvstar

May 7, 2013
Haywards Heath
Are there any Brighton - Farringdon trains that Sunday? All I’m getting is change at Victoria…
We will that's a pain in the neck...I assumed trains would be going to Bedford but looking on the app it looks like you have to change twice just to get to Farringdon (looks like they stop at London Bridge) so Victoria or London Bridge and then tube up which seems a massive faff TBH

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We will that's a pain in the neck...I assumed trains would be going to Bedford but looking on the app it looks like you have to change twice just to get to Farringdon (looks like they stop at London Bridge) so Victoria or London Bridge and then tube up which seems a massive faff TBH
Well, the walk from Victoria to Gt Portland Street is 40mins and that takes in a lot of pubs. Alternatively tube to Oxford Circus and it’s 10mins up to Gt Portland St. I’m a bit boring so prefer avoiding the maelstrom of football dominated pubs at say Baker St.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It will be available to Albion fans. Just possibly not from the Albion directly, but tickets bought from BP themselves.

So I don't think it's going to be the full-on Albion hub that it was last time, which would be a slight shame.
Yes I think the details are being worked out .

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
How can we avoid the snickers ppl and are any tubes gonna be busier than usual and what times to avoid certain parts etc of London.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How can we avoid the snickers ppl and are any tubes gonna be busier than usual and what times to avoid certain parts etc of London.
Personally will go direct to London Bridge, then either get the Jubilee from there direct to Wembley, or walk into the City (Moorgate) and get the Metropolitan (which is much quicker) instead. All depends on timing really. The wide area around Tower Bridge is mental for the first 3-4 hours or so of the marathon (Tower Bridge itself is around half way), but from the North End of Tower Bridge it’s crazy all day as the last part of the Marathon comes back along the Highway and on to Embankment. Just moving around anywhere around there will be a bit of a nightmare all day (marathon tail-truck, cleaning crew etc won’t go through there until well after we need to pass through). From before mid-day onwards, the finish area and surrounds will be mobbed, so personally will steer clear (particularly Embankment, Charing Cross and surrounding stations - not unusual for these to be closed at times, or have queuing systems on marathon day).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Personally will go direct to London Bridge, then either get the Jubilee from there direct to Wembley, or walk into the City (Moorgate) and get the Metropolitan (which is much quicker) instead.
How far is Moorgate from London Bridge and how long would it take to walk there?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quite fancy a nice peaceful Sunday lunch with all the trimmings in a non-football pub somewhere near the Jubilee Line and nowhere near the London Marathon meself. More research required...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How far is Moorgate from London Bridge and how long would it take to walk there?
About a mile on foot, time depends on what the marathon crowds are like (ie what time you go through). The route goes under London Bridge so you don't actually need to cross the course itself but the area will be busy (including people watching from the City end of the Bridge)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Don't all Thameslink trains stop at London Bridge on the 23rd?
No trains to Farringdon or St Pancras.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't all Thameslink trains stop at London Bridge on the 23rd?
No trains to Farringdon or St Pancras.
Yep

Engineering work is taking place between London St Pancras International and London Blackfriars, closing all lines.

No Thameslink trains will run through central London between London St Pancras International and London Blackfriars / London Bridge.

You can use London Underground / Bus services to travel across central London.

Trains will run to an amended timetable between:

• London St Pancras and Bedford / Luton. Trains will not call at Kentish Town, please use alternative Northern line services.
  • London Bridge and Three Bridges / Horsham / Brighton / Rainham.
  • London Victoria and Sevenoaks.
  • No trains will operate between London Blackfriars and Sutton. Please use alternative local London buses, Tramlink, Northern line or Southern Railway services.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Has there been any communications yet about which pubs at Wembley will be designated Albion pubs like in 2019 (other than Box Park) ? Is it safe to assume we’ll have the Green Man again ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I live in Kilburn and would recommend North London Tavern for this. 5 mins from Kilburn tube (10 mins to Wembley)
I used to live in Kilburn and would also recommend it. Went in there for the Man City Semi but there weren't many Brighton fans in there then.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Designated pubs for Albion fans now confirmed:

4079FB17-61F6-4936-94EA-47BE685DFCAA.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I live in Kilburn and would recommend North London Tavern for this. 5 mins from Kilburn tube (10 mins to Wembley)
Is it not a pain getting on the tube at that point ? Ala London Road ? Might give it a go though as the stupidly busy plastic glasses places don’t appeal

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Is it not a pain getting on the tube at that point ? Ala London Road ? Might give it a go though as the stupidly busy plastic glasses places don’t appeal
There’s a big difference between long tubes designed to cope with London rush hours that go every 3-4 minutes and little 4 carriage jobbies that arrive whenever Southern Rail feel like it. I went to every England game in the Euros at Wembley from Kilburn and never had a problem. Half the time I got a seat.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Any recommendations for a pub to grab some food and a few beers before the game? The better half, myself and 11 year old daugher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports