Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proud to be straight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Proud to be who I am.

Proud to have a Gay Niece and Niece in Law (if that is a correct term)

Proud to have a Nephew in the Services.

Just Proud really.
Sinner.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
isn't this just in reply to the gay thread?

if you see something that looks a bit like a windup its worth looking further down the forum as, chances are, its in reply to an opposite, serious point of view

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Pride is a feeling that is derived from a personal achievement.

By stating you feel proud about being straight is suggesting that the alternatives are inferior in some way, as if you have achieved something just by not being gay.

This differs from "gay pride" in that LGBT's really do have something to be proud of due to having to constantly deal with homophobic attitudes throughout their lives.

You're such an inconsistent fail.

Your post describes how straight people and gay people are different, and so a person of a particular sexuality can say a thing, or be a thing, and it's Okay. But not a person of another sexuality, that would be different, and not Okay.

& so you have managed to perpetuate discrimination on the basis of sexuality, which I imagine you probably think that you are against.

Good work.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
You're such an inconsistent fail.

Your post describes how straight people and gay people are different, and so a person of a particular sexuality can say a thing, or be a thing, and it's Okay. But not a person of another sexuality, that would be different, and not Okay.

& so you have managed to perpetuate discrimination on the basis of sexuality, which I imagine you probably think that you are against.

Good work.

No, his post describes how gay people and straight people are subject to different social attitudes, (not different per se) so in that context of course a statement can be true for one social group and not another.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No, his post describes how gay people and straight people are subject to different social attitudes, (not different per se) so in that context of course a statement can be true for one social group and not another.

No his post is stupid and indefensible. He says gay and straight people are different, and that a persons actions should be judged depending on their sexuality. So a person does X, Y or Z, is it Ok? Well first we have to check what sexuality they are... That is, ironically, a good example of sexual discrimination.

In fact re-reading his post, his argument is basically that homosexuals are victims.

I think his post in well meaning, but I should think it probably offends the very people he thinks he is standing up for.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Pride is a feeling that is derived from a personal achievement.

By stating you feel proud about being straight is suggesting that the alternatives are inferior in some way, as if you have achieved something just by not being gay.

This differs from "gay pride" in that LGBT's really do have something to be proud of due to having to constantly deal with homophobic attitudes throughout their lives.

Was this copied and pasted from Colin Jackson's blog page?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Eh wait up , its one thing being gay and proud. But to be straight and proud , wel thats just homophobic. :rolleyes:

When heterosexual people have had to spend decades being treated like second class citizens whilst fighting for basic equality then I'm sure it'll be perfectly normal to say you're proud to be straight, until then you'll look like a bit of prick.

Waaaaa, I'm a white, straight male in a 1st world country in the 21st century, why does nobody understand my plight. :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
When heterosexual people have had to spend decades being treated like second class citizens whilst fighting for basic equality then I'm sure it'll be perfectly normal to say you're proud to be straight, until then you'll look like a bit of prick.

They have been fighting for equality. Because they rightly believe/d that homosexuals and heterosexuals should not be viewed or treated any differently from each other.

Well done on viewing and treating them differently from each other.

Nice one for applying the rule of what is "normal" too, a true best friend to minority groups you are.

& you threw in some bigotry at the end of your post, gender, sexuality & race, good going. But it's Okay, because of straight white male privilege, right?

Yeah, you really are a great defender of equality, a true enemy of prejudice.

:rolleyes:

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
They have been fighting for equality. Because they rightly believe/d that homosexuals and heterosexuals should not be viewed or treated any differently from each other.

Well done on viewing and treating them differently from each other.

Nice one for applying the rule of what is "normal" too, a true best friend to minority groups you are.

& you threw in some bigotry at the end of your post, gender, sexuality & race, good going. But it's Okay, because of straight white male privilege, right?

Yeah, you really are a great defender of equality, a true enemy of prejudice.

:rolleyes:

you havent really understood that equalities course you went on.

No one said they were different. It was said that they were subject to different social conditions.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Eh wait up , its one thing being gay and proud. But to be straight and proud , wel thats just homophobic. :rolleyes:

Being proud you're the same as everyone but a certain minority. It's like being proud of being white. It's not a big thing because most people in this country are white. If people are white and proud. Most if the time they are racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here