Proud to be straight

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
10846503_822060361185029_4265302509250527414_n.jpg

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Pride is a feeling that is derived from a personal achievement.

By stating you feel proud about being straight is suggesting that the alternatives are inferior in some way, as if you have achieved something just by not being gay.

This differs from "gay pride" in that LGBT's really do have something to be proud of due to having to constantly deal with homophobic attitudes throughout their lives.

That is a massive leap of faith on your part to suggest that. You can surely be proud of what you are and yet not feel that others are necessarily inferior. I am proud of being a life-long Albion fan but do not see other teams' supporters as any less.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm no more proud to be gay than I am to have green eyes, or brown hair...it's a genetic thing that I had no control over, so why would I have pride, or indeed any other feeling, towards it?

It's just what I am. :shrug:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
That is a massive leap of faith on your part to suggest that. You can surely be proud of what you are and yet not feel that others are necessarily inferior. I am proud of being a life-long Albion fan but do not see other teams' supporters as any less.

Palace fans ? ? ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm no more proud to be gay than I am to have green eyes, or brown hair...it's a genetic thing that I had no control over, so why would I have pride, or indeed any other feeling, towards it?

It's just what I am. :shrug:

i think its what was a time when homophobia stopped gay men from living normal lives, to overcome that gave a sense of pride.
Its ridiculous why anybody would give a **** really.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Lamie---Shirley you and I should be on the East Upper Committee-------it gets you free NIBBLES & a say in what's going on apparently:cool:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You can be proud of being an Albion fan, but it's not a personal pride... it's the same kind of pride you have for your children, or another entity whose achievements you contribute towards, but are not fully responsible for.

Consider this statement "I am proud to be white" - what's wrong with it?

To be quite honest I am not sure what to make of your first para -it is a personal pride! And as to your question that you are proud to be white, why should you not be? It doesn't necessarily follow that you look at other races as inferior. I would assume that a black person would say just the same about being black, and why not?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm confused ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here