Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Protester climbs onto crucible snooker table

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rightly so if you do something

if it’s against the law, of course you will and should be. If it’s not against the law you won’t - it’s really that simple. This isn’t Russia.

Having witnessed many many things over the years in London, I can assure that you can be arrested (or killed) for not breaking the law in the vicinity of a demonstration.

It was just as bad under New Labour, stop and searched for the unique "crime" of being a slightly tanned tourist with a camera.

There is a reason the MET are under special measures. It has been like Russia for a number of years.

( and I visited the communist block in the 80s, I know what I'm talking about )

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
People pushing balls around a table with sticks disrupted by people trying to save earth.

But, but, but MY good time! What about ME!?

I want to see the sticky ball people! What about ME!!!!!?

Call the cops.
You’re right of course. In any case, disruption of one or more of the remaining Albion home games would make a lot more sense. People running around in stupid stripey outfits trying to kick a ball between two sticks, so pretty pointless compared to people trying to save the earth. There is the added advantage of a global audience of millions given current form. I don’t go to home games anymore so doesn’t bother me anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rightly so if you do something

if it’s against the law, of course you will and should be. If it’s not against the law you won’t - it’s really that simple. This isn’t Russia.
You haven’t been keeping up with current affairs. It changed in March.
All you have to do now is be nuisance and it’s the copper’s discretion whether you are a nuisance or not. Knowing what some coppers are like, it needs little to be a nuisance now.
Journalists and cameramen were arrested for covering a demonstration, handcuffed, equipment confiscated, and imprisoned overnight, simply for doing their jobs.
You’re right, it isn’t Russia, but if we leave the ECHR, we will be just like Russia, as they and Belarus (twin countries) are the only countries not in it.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
hearing snippets that they are planning ‘the big one’ with 30000 activists in London and suggestions it may/will disrupt the London Marathon. Hadn’t better disrupt our Semi

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having witnessed many many things over the years in London, I can assure that you can be arrested (or killed) for not breaking the law in the vicinity of a demonstration.

It was just as bad under New Labour, stop and searched for the unique "crime" of being a slightly tanned tourist with a camera.

There is a reason the MET are under special measures. It has been like Russia for a number of years.

:thumbsup:
The women arrested at Sarah Everard’s vigil, were handcuffed and arrested unlawfully by the Met.
It was even worse, because it was one of their own who raped and murdered her.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I was referring to the various protests on the M25 and the QE2 bridge, by the same group, which caused massive disruption to thousands of people.

The snooker thing was minor in comparison I agree, although gained huge coverage which is of course the whole point.
Questionable tactic given that many people will have reacted negatively to their actions…

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
hearing snippets that they are planning ‘the big one’ with 30000 activists in London and suggestions it may/will disrupt the London Marathon. Hadn’t better disrupt our Semi
The link is on this thread. Westminster Square, and Trafalgar Square.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A genuine question to nsc.

If an Amex game was abandoned after 30 minutes due to a climate protestor vandalising the pitch by a goal, would you:

a) Applaud the protestor and go home happy?
b) Chant “w@nker, w@nker” and be pissed off?
c) Be mildly disappointed, then downing warm beer in oil-based beakers on the concourses?

[With the score 1-0 to the Stripes].

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
For every incident like this the Government should issue 10 new fossil fuel drilling license on top of those already agreed. Fight fire with fire.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The women arrested at Sarah Everard’s vigil, were handcuffed and arrested unlawfully by the Met.
It was even worse, because it was one of their own who raped and murdered her.

I'm local obviously, don't talk to me about the MET. Spoiling for a fight in the afternoon before the vigil.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If an Amex game was abandoned after 30 minutes due to a climate protestor vandalising the pitch by a goal, would you:

c) Be mildly disappointed, then downing warm beer in oil-based beakers on the concourses?

It has to be 60 mins for the score to stand.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Soft target and typical of these people. Can’t imagine they’ll take on 80000+ pissed up football fans when they could ruin something that raises millions every year for charity, including overseas development and Green causes.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Oh, we know the answer to that. I’ve been alluding to it. It’s only all right if it’s a sport we are not interested in…

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Soft target and typical of these people. Can’t imagine they’ll take on 80000+ pissed up football fans when they could ruin something that raises millions every year for charity, including overseas development and Green causes.
Is Westminster Square on the marathon route? The protest is from 21-24th April

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My sixpence:

What do the activists believe they will achieve? Awareness? Hmmm, I think everyone on the planet is aware. Change? Again, people are trying to change. At Political and personal levels.

If it’s therefore about doing more, faster, then that’s the fallacy. 8billion people acting differently (and majority selfishly, whether by choice or necessity) means it’s never going to happen in time.

Therefore we ought to embrace climate change. It’s inevitable and beyond doubt. The solution is to accept it and enjoy your time alive to the max because basically you can’t do anything to stop this juggernaut. That time passed, we’ve repeatedly failed to achieve every deadline and will continue to. Future generations would have been equally inept as everyone alive since science first indicated there’s a problem. They’d have acted no differently.

Live. Be selfish. It won’t make any difference even if you didn’t. Act in your own interests now. Because life’s too short and not enough people cared beyond tokenism (aka ‘what did you do during the world war daddy?’ ‘I signed a petition son, cos that stopped ‘em invading Poland…’)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My sixpence:

What do the activists believe they will achieve? Awareness? Hmmm, I think everyone on the planet is aware. Change? Again, people are trying to change. At Political and personal levels.
Some people at political level are not trying to change, as there’s too much money involved in lobbying, donations and power.

That’s why these people are protesting.

That’s why I posted proof of Britain having the highest energy bills in the world.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
My sixpence:

If it’s therefore about doing more, faster, then that’s the fallacy. 8billion people acting differently (and majority selfishly, whether by choice or necessity) means it’s never going to happen in time.

Therefore we ought to embrace climate change. It’s inevitable and beyond doubt. The solution is to accept it and enjoy your time alive to the max because basically you can’t do anything to stop this juggernaut. That time passed, we’ve repeatedly failed to achieve every deadline and will continue to. Future generations would have been equally inept as everyone alive since science first indicated there’s a problem. They’d have acted no differently.

Live. Be selfish. It won’t make any difference even if you didn’t. Act in your own interests now. Because life’s too short and not enough people cared beyond tokenism (aka ‘what did you do during the world war daddy?’ ‘I signed a petition son, cos that stopped ‘em invading Poland…’)
Imagine in the 1830s or whenever it was when people in Britain (or whichever country was first) were trying to ban slavery. "There's no point, it will just carry on everywhere else" would be a similar argument to what you're making. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly what people profiting from the trade did argue.

Someone/a country has to act and lead by example and to argue otherwise is pathetic in my opinion. No I don't expect Britain's selfish government/MPs do it but it's better to try to get them to act than do nothing. Do you have grandchildren?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here