Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I understood British people were not subject to this policy after Boris got the position clarified. What's your friends status?

He is a dual British-Iraqi citizen born in the uk to two Iraqi parents who moved over 28 years ago (4 year sports before he was born).

He was told today that because he visits family in Baghdad once or twice yearly (and has done so in the last six months) he would be denied entry to the US until this ban is lifted.

To be fair this was before Boris clarified the position so he's now waiting to hear back from the US embassy tomorrow regarding the exact status.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He is a dual British-Iraqi citizen born in the uk to two Iraqi parents who moved over 28 years ago (4 year sports before he was born).

He was told today that because he visits family in Baghdad once or twice yearly (and has done so in the last six months) he would be denied entry to the US until this ban is lifted.

To be fair this was before Boris clarified the position so he's now waiting to hear back from the US embassy tomorrow regarding the exact status.

Well he is exempt:

IMG_1593.PNG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
https://www.ft.com/content/a1079a7a-e6e6-11e6-893c-082c54a7f539

The US embassy in London on Monday notified dual nationals holding citizenship from both Britain and one of seven Muslim-majority countries they could not apply for US travel visas — guidance that came just hours after the UK Foreign Office claimed they were exempt from the ban.

The seesawing in London is the latest in a series of contradictory signals coming from Washington over the measure that has sowed international confusion and sparked protests at airports across the US. It comes 24 hours after the Mr Trump was forced to reverse course over the status of US permanent residents from the seven countries, who were originally covered by the ban.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
I think since that the US embassy have clarified that what Boris said is not true though, as Thunder Bolt said?

Regardless he's waiting to have it confirmed tomorrow by the embassy directly.

Well, of course he would have to make sure, but even the Embassy has confirmed Boris's statement that he made in Parliament. https://uk.usembassy.gov/updated-gu...g-nation-terrorist-attacks-foreign-nationals/

Whoever told him that because he visited Baghdad he was barred is a fool!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You sound a bit too sensible to on this board. Unfortunately, the reality is Trump way of doing things will be popular with an insular and neurotic America. Many are loving what he is up to right now.

Climate change is the real worry though

The gun lobby as well.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Really? Let's see how many brown-skinned and bearded British passport holders get caught up in this.

Maybe, but the current fact remains British passport holders are exempt from the current executive order, but like us all, they still can be questioned by immigration as has always been the case for white or brown skinned people.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe, but the current fact remains British passport holders are exempt from the current executive order, but like us all, they still can be questioned by immigration as has always been the case for white or brown skinned people.

This Australian only had a visa for Iran in his Australian passport. He was held for 14 hours and then sent home.

[tweet]826017457076793347[/tweet]

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
This Australian only had a visa for Iran in his Australian passport. He was held for 14 hours and then sent home.

[tweet]826017457076793347[/tweet]

How is that relevant to a British passport holder? As per my post above, we can still be questioned and denied entry under the normal immigration rules. White, Brown, Christian, or Muslim. But that has always been the case.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trump has gone against his own Federal court judgement. He is acting like a dictator.

I don't like him, and if he is breaking the law I would be pleased to see him impeached.

But has he, though? If he has why has he not had his collar felt?

I don't know the answer which is why I'm asking.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Anyway if you doubt Rodmans credibility, on the show it includes Latoya Jackson and many shades of colour.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what your point Is. Are you suggesting that because 2 black people were on the celebrity apprentice and Trump refrained from being racist to them he could not possibly be racist to others, either in his views or policies?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

So Mo Farah will be ok then.

Olympic hero Mo Farah applies to be tax exile in bid to save millions
THE athlete has applied to change his main place of residency to the US which could help him avoid huge taxes on his earnings in the UK.
The double gold medal winner and World Champion runner – who was given Lottery funding to launch his career – has told the taxman his main place of residency is the US.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...o-farah-applies-3014093#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports