Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How anyone can defend Trump now is beyond credibility. Is it just a coincidence that on this forum, it's the Brexit supporters that are also Trump apologists??
Funnily enough, the apologists don't even have the courage of their convictions, stating they think he's awful but we "need" whatever scraps/compromising bad deals the US toss in our direction. Come off it, we know some of you are secretly over the moon at his actions. You can barely contain your glee.
Funny old world.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
How anyone can defend Trump now is beyond credibility. Is it just a coincidence that on this forum, it's the Brexit supporters that are also Trump apologists??
Funnily enough, the apologists don't even have the courage of their convictions, stating they think he's awful but we "need" whatever scraps/compromising bad deals the US toss in our direction. Come off it, we know some of you are secretly over the moon at his actions. You can barely contain your glee.
Funny old world.

I happen to agree on the point how some Brexiteer posters have started to begin each post with 'I am not a Trump supporter' or 'I think he is blah blah blah' for me it is an unecessary concession when discussing him.

As for Brexit and Trump, well its a democratic process, so should be even harder to denounce them, but you guy's cannot help yourself and are finding it hard to accept that actually most people think your position is wrong.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Funny old world.

The Trump / Farage thing is like a cult, ignore anything bad..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I happen to agree on the point how some Brexiteer posters have started to begin each post with 'I am not a Trump supporter' or 'I think he is blah blah blah' for me it is an unecessary concession when discussing him.

As for Brexit and Trump, well its a democratic process, so should be even harder to denounce them, but you guy's cannot help yourself and are finding it hard to accept that actually most people think your position is wrong.

And what exactly is my position?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think of Brexiteers/Trump supporters as akin to those dreadful people that only come into pubs at Christmas, get bladdered immediately, block the bar, take an eon ordering drinks etc..

a great many Brexit and Trump voters have likely never taken an interest in politics in their life until now and like the amateur drinkers, they misunderstand it, foul everything up, make too much noise, act too aggressively and then slink off for another year when the clearing up has to be done.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Firstly I am not sure its necessary to start each responding post with a personal insult.

You seem to be missing the point, again, if it needs three to agree or disagree on whom might address Parliament, then on what basis would you deem it reasonable for Bercow to publicly and unilaterilly voice his anti Trump position, without any confirmed consensus from the other two, at a time when our government, no matter what you may think, is trying to build a relationship with the elected president of the USA that is hoped might be beneficial to the UK.

They weren't personal insults. They were my assessment of how you were approaching your input to this discussion so far.

If he is asked a question (as he was in a point of order) it is only right and fair that Bercow answered it honestly. And for those saying it wasn't his job to do so. All that I've tried ( a few times now) to point out is that clearly it was in his remit.

As for the relationship with the the US, that is a job for the diplomatic service and government policy. It's not for the speaker to be beholden to that policy - he has to remain independent of that and make and voice decisions based on his judgement. He is in effect a critical friend of the government

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think of Brexiteers/Trump supporters as akin to those dreadful people that only come into pubs at Christmas, get bladdered immediately, block the bar, take an eon ordering drinks etc..

a great many Brexit and Trump voters have likely never taken an interest in politics in their life until now and like the amateur drinkers, they misunderstand it, foul everything up, make too much noise, act too aggressively and then slink off for another year when the clearing up has to be done.

I like your analogy, but I would lend that to Remainers and the Democrats, at least the Brexiteers and Trump supporters democratically won and therefore have some reason to expect acknowledgement rather than abuse.

I think thats the point that the Remainers and anti Trump brigade seem to assume that somehow their view deserves preference over the others due to some default superiority they afford themselves.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
They weren't personal insults. They were my assessment of how you were approaching your input to this discussion so far.

If he is asked a question (as he was in a point of order) it is only right and fair that Bercow answered it honestly. And for those saying it wasn't his job to do so. All that I've tried ( a few times now) to point out is that clearly it was in his remit.

As for the relationship with the the US, that is a job for the diplomatic service and government policy. It's not for the speaker to be beholden to that policy - he has to remain independent of that and make and voice decisions based on his judgement. He is in effect a critical friend of the government

Waffle, its becoming clear Bercow was not honest nor principled, just self serving.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There is hard evidence that in this country that there is an institutional bias which means cultural sensitivities and community relations are given due consideration when crimes are committed by members of a particular community.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...buse-scandal-council-not-fit-for-purpose.html

A bias and sentiment that seems entirely consistent with how other countries treatment of crimes by similar communities......

http://vesselnews.io/swedish-police-officers-whistle-blow-widespread-migrant-crime-wave-cover/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...saults-blamed-on-migration-sensitivities.html

Trump may be wrong about terror, but he has a point about a media that places political correctness above objective reporting.
Yes as you say in Sweden.

Gatestone Europe
IMMIGRATION NATIONAL POLITICS
SECOND SWEDISH COP OPENS UP ABOUT MIGRANTS DESTROYING HIS COUNTRY
Posted on February 7, 2017 19:30
By Vincent van den Born

Long time Swedish police officer Thomas Åsenlöf, who came to the assistance of his colleague / Facebook
Yesterday Gatestone wrote about courageous policeman Peter Springare, who decided to blow the lid of the cesspool that hides beneath Sweden’s political correctness:

“I’m so f***** tired. What I’m writing here isn’t politically correct. But I don’t care. Our pensioners are on their knees, the schools are a mess, healthcare is an inferno, the police is completely destroyed. Everyone knows why, but none dares or wants to say why.”

In response, Swedish newspapers have published on the issue, and a Facebook page called “Stand up for Peter Springare” has gathered the support of over 85.000 people from all over the world. One of many people leaving a message of support is fellow policeman Tomas Åsenlöv:

“I have worked in the field for more than 43 years. I share Peter’s infectious question for 100%. Our managers do not dare to take up a position in any direction. As you can see, there is no senior manager who has dared to give Peter backing. Instead, they introduced Code 291, which is meant to keep a lid on all immigrant-related crime.

Just look at the photo ban at the police station. It is appalling that this is happening in today’s Sweden. To top it all off, the chief of police has complete authority over the police. Instead of supporting his people, he will order them to be transferred if they do not dance to his tune.

The Swedish public should be told all of the facts now. I understand younger officers do not dear speak out, criticise the police’s leadership, or openly support Peter. Because that would be the end of their career. Because when they would seek a transfer, they’d be known as ‘unloyal’.

As I am close to retirement, I can be critical to my heart’s content. I have previously been called in by my superiors for opinions I have stated on this medium (Facebook). Now I believe the ball has been made to roll, and maybe we can get our leadership to open their eyes and no longer deny the truth. LIVE STRONG. Tomas Åsenlöv, Greater Gothenburg Bicycle Police.”

The Code 291 Åsenlöv mentions is a special ‘refugee code’, used when the police are called for anything related to refugees

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes as you say in Sweden.

Gatestone Europe
IMMIGRATION NATIONAL POLITICS
SECOND SWEDISH COP OPENS UP ABOUT MIGRANTS DESTROYING HIS COUNTRY
Posted on February 7, 2017 19:30
By Vincent van den Born

Long time Swedish police officer Thomas Åsenlöf, who came to the assistance of his colleague / Facebook
Yesterday Gatestone wrote about courageous policeman Peter Springare, who decided to blow the lid of the cesspool that hides beneath Sweden’s political correctness:

“I’m so f***** tired. What I’m writing here isn’t politically correct. But I don’t care. Our pensioners are on their knees, the schools are a mess, healthcare is an inferno, the police is completely destroyed. Everyone knows why, but none dares or wants to say why.”

In response, Swedish newspapers have published on the issue, and a Facebook page called “Stand up for Peter Springare” has gathered the support of over 85.000 people from all over the world. One of many people leaving a message of support is fellow policeman Tomas Åsenlöv:

“I have worked in the field for more than 43 years. I share Peter’s infectious question for 100%. Our managers do not dare to take up a position in any direction. As you can see, there is no senior manager who has dared to give Peter backing. Instead, they introduced Code 291, which is meant to keep a lid on all immigrant-related crime.

Just look at the photo ban at the police station. It is appalling that this is happening in today’s Sweden. To top it all off, the chief of police has complete authority over the police. Instead of supporting his people, he will order them to be transferred if they do not dance to his tune.

The Swedish public should be told all of the facts now. I understand younger officers do not dear speak out, criticise the police’s leadership, or openly support Peter. Because that would be the end of their career. Because when they would seek a transfer, they’d be known as ‘unloyal’.

As I am close to retirement, I can be critical to my heart’s content. I have previously been called in by my superiors for opinions I have stated on this medium (Facebook). Now I believe the ball has been made to roll, and maybe we can get our leadership to open their eyes and no longer deny the truth. LIVE STRONG. Tomas Åsenlöv, Greater Gothenburg Bicycle Police.”

The Code 291 Åsenlöv mentions is a special ‘refugee code’, used when the police are called for anything related to refugees

Can any of these claims be backed up other than a cut and paste from a facebook page? Not doubting the claims, just not a very reliable source.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Can any of these claims be backed up other than a cut and paste from a facebook page? Not doubting the claims, just not a very reliable source.

It said Gatestone Europe was the source, I would think that two police officers was fairly genuine rather than someone's opinion on a message board forum.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
More Trump twaddle. The US Courts are now so political.

Maybe like the UK Government slowly learning that Judges are independent and only support the law.

What rantings will follow when the decision goes against the travel ban.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More Trump twaddle. The US Courts are now so political.

Maybe like the UK Government slowly learning that Judges are independent and only support the law.

What rantings will follow when the decision goes against the travel ban.

So, he has picked a fight, and pissed off the security bods, over Russian vote hacking. He is now picking a fight with, and pissing off the, judiciary service. Not bad. Who's next?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So, he has picked a fight, and pissed off the security bods, over Russian vote hacking. He is now picking a fight with, and pissing off the, judiciary service. Not bad. Who's next?

What also caught my eye was that in the campaign he was saying that Clinton was ill, and that Obama took too many holidays, then 2 weeks in he goes on holiday to one of his resorts, which costs the US tax payer $3m due to the security that needs to follow him. Also although he has stated that he has devested from the business, the membership cost for Mar-a-Lago has doubled to $200,000

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What also caught my eye was that in the campaign he was saying that Clinton was ill, and that Obama took too many holidays, then 2 weeks in he goes on holiday to one of his resorts, which costs the US tax payer $3m due to the security that needs to follow him. Also although he has stated that he has devested from the business, the membership cost for Mar-a-Lago has doubled to $200,000

Clinton wasn't 'up to' the rigours of the job, apparently.

I'd imagine she'd be able to work past 5pm, without insulting and hanging up on world leaders, due to feeling a bit over-tired.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Trump isn't a bit (mentally) ill himself? He certainly has a few "interesting" traits.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

:yawn: So are you saying that other Presidents didn't cost anything?:lolol:

yawn.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here