Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Your reference to Brexit in this context is exactly the type of false link that Trump himself uses. False claims were made by both sides and yet you choose to see this only on the Leave side. The Left in British politics has consistently been against EU membership so it it rather disingenuous to join Trump in equating his politics and the referendum result.

Indeed, the left in British politics campaigned vigorously for NOT joining the EEC back in the 1970s.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Find something the BBC has done, apart from one Laura Kuennsberg dodgy report (that attacked Corbyn and which she got reprimanded for), that was 'false news'.
Go on, I'll wait . . . .

The recent one that springs to mind is the coverage about a week ago of the rise in homelessness. No mention at all of the impact on the numbers from EU migrants lured to the U.K. by the minimum wage but then unable to afford housing costs. This is pretty well reported elsewhere and yet went unmentioned in the report. I have noticed a slant on many reports that seems to be talking to metropolitan liberals and their globalization agenda rather than to the rest of the country. It may be that you don't notice because you share this political outlook and lifestyle. Life is very different outside of urban areas like London and Brighton and perhaps the BBC does not entirely speak to the rest of us. For me it is not a major issue though. I simply note the slant and continue to enjoy the content.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

The recent one that springs to mind is the coverage about a week ago of the rise in homelessness. No mention at all of the impact on the numbers from EU migrants lured to the U.K. by the minimum wage but then unable to afford housing costs. This is pretty well reported elsewhere and yet went unmentioned in the report. I have noticed a slant on many reports that seems to be talking to metropolitan liberals and their globalization agenda rather than to the rest of the country. It may be that you don't notice because you share this political outlook and lifestyle. Life is very different outside of urban areas like London and Brighton and perhaps the BBC does not entirely speak to the rest of us. For me it is not a major issue though. I simply note the slant and continue to enjoy the content.

I have seen both sides of the coin, living down here and living in what I would consider a proper multicultural community inside Luton, you can't compare the two. A lot of snobbery against leavers comes from a lack of experience of living in these sorts of places.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Find something the BBC has done, apart from one Laura Kuennsberg dodgy report (that attacked Corbyn and which she got reprimanded for), that was 'false news'.
Go on, I'll wait . . . .

It depends on what you call false news - a deliberate lie or just good old avoiding inconvenient parts. I recall a reporter last year talking about the Swiss referendum, and compared favourably the Swiss reaction to immigrants as opposed to that of the Brits, since the Swiss had voted not to stop immigration. What of course she failed to mention is that the immigration in question referred to highly skilled workers from Germany and Italy needed for their IT industry - a rather different scenario to that which the Brits would have in mind, when asked about immigration.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have seen both sides of the coin, living down here and living in what I would consider a proper multicultural community inside Luton, you can't compare the two. A lot of snobbery against leavers comes from a lack of experience of living in these sorts of places.

"proper multicultural community inside Luton" Is that what you think ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
President Click-bait:-

2017-02-06_new_28412927_I2.JPG

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...er-slammed-by-uups-mike-nesbitt-35425899.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just taking a quick glance at the titles of some of the articles in that magazine it's pretty clear that it's a hardline Republican rag. Have Sinn Fein now disassociated themselves with Trump? They were pretty eager to take his money a few years back.
Reading the piss poor excuse for the cover, by the editor in the article below, saying how it clearly doesn't represent assassinating the President :rolleyes:.
Making the magazine just one many 'look at us' post truth publicity stunts, which are currently still working.

They could at least have the courage of their convictions.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Go on, I'll wait . . . .

Where have I said anything about fake news on the BBC?I said 'we have the BBC to help us see through false news',you rather silly little man.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Does anyone on here actually believe that these events were under-reported? Anyone?

There is hard evidence that in this country that there is an institutional bias which means cultural sensitivities and community relations are given due consideration when crimes are committed by members of a particular community.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...buse-scandal-council-not-fit-for-purpose.html

A bias and sentiment that seems entirely consistent with how other countries treatment of crimes by similar communities......

http://vesselnews.io/swedish-police-officers-whistle-blow-widespread-migrant-crime-wave-cover/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...saults-blamed-on-migration-sensitivities.html

Trump may be wrong about terror, but he has a point about a media that places political correctness above objective reporting.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
We need Spicer's view on the matter at hand

Apols if fixtures

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trump may be wrong about terror,

MAY BE ?

What planet are you on?

I don't know which is worse your post here, or the one on the Brexit thread where you seem to believe that MPs shouldn't represent the views of the majority of their constituents. Unless of course you just write this garbage to get a reaction.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do you think you might be able to see through the false news,after all,we still have the BBC.

Where have I said anything about fake news on the BBC?I said 'we have the BBC to help us see through false news',you rather silly little man.

Not quite the same is it.

To paraphrase Eric and Ernie

You have quoted all the same words, but not necessarily in the same order.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
MAY BE ?

What planet are you on?

I don't know which is worse your post here, or the one on the Brexit thread where you seem to believe that MPs shouldn't represent the views of the majority of their constituents. Unless of course you just write this garbage to get a reaction.

Oh dear, you sound like you are upset?

Now, drying those baby blues eyes and give yourself a gentle shake.

Now, let's leave the Brexit issue to the adults, what is your problem with my post on this thread?

Take a deep breath now.........slowly........

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh dear, you sound like you are upset?

Now, drying those baby blues eyes and give yourself a gentle shake.

Now, let's leave the Brexit issue to the adults, what is your problem with my post on this thread?

Take a deep breath now.........slowly........

It is clear what the issue is

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trump has a point doesn't he?

He always does, as long as its no longer than 140 characters and with wonky grammar. Whether I agree with it is another matter.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You do not care about whether Bercow was within his right to comment or not, just like the Remainers who didnt care one jot about whether due process was relevent when Gina Miller made her challenge, you just hoped beyond hope that you would get another referendum or perhaps not even leave the EU, just as you care not whether Bercow acted reasonablely in his role as the speaker of the house, you just like to see anyone anyhow have a pop at Trump.

So dont bother to try and portray your opinion as driven by principle or qualification, you're just spoilt brats the lot of you.

You know 4 tenths of 3 fifths of rock all. Your diatribe has nothing to do with what I've written but is based on your surmisation of what I may or may not think of brexit

Muppet

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Your reference to Brexit in this context is exactly the type of false link that Trump himself uses. False claims were made by both sides and yet you choose to see this only on the Leave side. The Left in British politics has consistently been against EU membership so it is rather disingenuous to join Trump in equating his politics and the referendum result.

I never said who the false claims came from. You are right of course that they came from both.

The point is though that there was a lot of social media false items (how many words were used in euro veg growing rules, cost of membership etcetc)

That's what I meant by being a new norm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here