Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not quite the same is it.

To paraphrase Eric and Ernie

You have quoted all the same words, but not necessarily in the same order.

I still didn't say anything about fake news on the BBC,no matter which way round the words are.And he is still a rather silly little man.Can't win with you lot-false facts indeed,not on the BBC,which I was defending,but from the very people I expected to support them.Faux outrage at anything and everything at the moment,bunch of hysterics.Wonder how the Parliamentary 'Leaving the EU' vote went?Oh,just heard,we're still Leaving!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You know 4 tenths of 3 fifths of rock all. Your diatribe has nothing to do with what I've written but is based on your surmisation of what I may or may not think of brexit

Muppet

But you are not really scrutinising Bercows conduct nor his qualification to do so, you are embracing his diatribe because it offers your own view, its pointless and lacks credibility, you are personally the reason why the silent majority thinks you are arrogant and anti democratic.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
But you are not really scrutinising Bercows conduct nor his qualification to do so, you are embracing his diatribe because it offers your own view, its pointless and lacks credibility, you are personally the reason why the silent majority thinks you are arrogant and anti democratic.

You really are off your head aren't you.

I pointed out that Bercow is one of three people who can invite someone to address Parliament and that it needs all three to agree. That's not a an opinion. It's a fact. Not an alternative one but a real one.

Don't try and overtime this. You'll only work yourself up into an uneccessary lather

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There is hard evidence that in this country that there is an institutional bias which means cultural sensitivities and community relations are given due consideration when crimes are committed by members of a particular community.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...buse-scandal-council-not-fit-for-purpose.html

A bias and sentiment that seems entirely consistent with how other countries treatment of crimes by similar communities......

http://vesselnews.io/swedish-police-officers-whistle-blow-widespread-migrant-crime-wave-cover/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...saults-blamed-on-migration-sensitivities.html

Trump may be wrong about terror, but he has a point about a media that places political correctness above objective reporting.
Nicely put, but there's a world of difference between the type of bias you describe (a bias I'm certainly not denying existing) and his claims about the underreporting of the 78 atrocities; claims which can be immediately and unequivocally rebuked.

If he wants to make a point about the former then he should simply do so, but until he does then I suggest that it takes another type of indulgent bias to read this interpretation into what he's already put out.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So terrorist attacks being unreported is Trump right or wrong

I can't speak for Trump, I am sharing my view.

Given how institutions like the Police have underplayed crimes perpetrated by some communities in this country, and others in Europe. I am not convinced all terror related attacks are treated as terror attacks.

Today we were told by the media how a Somali with a Norwegian passport killed a US tourist and stabbed others in a London street. He had extremist Islamist material on him, and was repeating "Allah" over and over again when he was apprehended.

This was apparently not a terror related attack though, so this attack whilst reported is not reported as terror attack.

If this is what Trump means, then maybe he has a point.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Nicely put, but there's a world of difference between the type of bias you describe (a bias I'm certainly not denying existing) and his claims about the underreporting of the 78 atrocities; claims which can be immediately and unequivocally rebuked.

If he wants to make a point about the former then he should simply do so, but until he does then I suggest that it takes another type of indulgent bias to read this interpretation into what he's already put out.

I agree, however the devil is in the detail.

It would appear from recent tragic events in Europe that if someone is mad, then their actions may not constitute a terror attack......the recent case in London by a Somali born Norwegian citizen residing in London being a case in point.

Another great advert for open borders I might add.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I can't speak for Trump, I am sharing my view.

Given how institutions like the Police have underplayed crimes perpetrated by some communities in this country, and others in Europe. I am not convinced all terror related attacks are treated as terror attacks.

Today we were told by the media how a Somali with a Norwegian passport killed a US tourist and stabbed others in a London street. He had extremist Islamist material on him, and was repeating "Allah" over and over again when he was apprehended.

This was apparently not a terror related attack though, so this attack whilst reported is not reported as terror attack.

If this is what Trump means, then maybe he has a point.

So you fail to include that he suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and was hearing voices, no doubt as that detail doesn't fit your agenda

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So you fail to include that he suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and was hearing voices, no doubt as that detail doesn't fit your agenda

You know this to be true do you?

Or maybe you want to believe it because that fits your agenda.

Poorly little lamb, needs a hug and a bowl of soup..........he's the victim really isn't he?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Watched this yesterday .. hilarious. Much of the stuff on SNL is very average but this had me in stitches.

I've watched SNL a few times before and it is, as you say, normally very average - it just isn't funny. But it seems to have found its niche post Trump's inauguration, it's a lot more vicious (not Spitting Image vicious) especially for a mainstream network like NBC and it's relentless in its attack on the Trump Administration. But I still prefer Bill Maher for incisive political comment.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It's been amusing watching my Republican friends and work colleagues getting their knickers in a twist over Bercow's comment about Trump. They say he should cancel the trip (not going to happen) and Bercow should be dismissed (also not going to happen).

I think they are now slowly realizing (and being Republicans it takes a while) how despised Trump is on the international stage

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe if Trump does receive an invite we should demand to know his social media passwords before granting him a visa.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I never said who the false claims came from. You are right of course that they came from both.

The point is though that there was a lot of social media false items (how many words were used in euro veg growing rules, cost of membership etcetc)

That's what I meant by being a new norm

Understood and fair enough. I interpreted your use of Brexit as one side rather than the process/vote. I agree with you that social media certainly has a lot to answer for !

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A poster accuses the media of withholding information and withholds information to make his point. What a clown. I'll add this, and the Trump constitution nonsense from 2 days ago, to the long list on rubbish Mr CF posts :lolol:

Go on Cunning, trawl the web and find a link to disprove me...I'm waiting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe if Trump does receive an invite we should demand to know his social media passwords before granting him a visa.

They'll probably be something quite simple. US123?

D

Deleted member 22389

Merkel is the one who has done the real damage.

From the telegraph 2016.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/16/sex-manual-for-immigrants-sparks-backlash-in-germany/

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You really are off your head aren't you.

I pointed out that Bercow is one of three people who can invite someone to address Parliament and that it needs all three to agree. That's not a an opinion. It's a fact. Not an alternative one but a real one.

Don't try and overtime this. You'll only work yourself up into an uneccessary lather

Firstly I am not sure its necessary to start each responding post with a personal insult.

You seem to be missing the point, again, if it needs three to agree or disagree on whom might address Parliament, then on what basis would you deem it reasonable for Bercow to publicly and unilaterilly voice his anti Trump position, without any confirmed consensus from the other two, at a time when our government, no matter what you may think, is trying to build a relationship with the elected president of the USA that is hoped might be beneficial to the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here