Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 3-4/9/22

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Villa fans aggrieved by the Coutinho non-goal even though if the ref didn’t blow his whistle, the City player chasing him would’ve likely got a block in and the keeper would’ve made a proper attempt at saving the shot. Not to mention I’m pretty sure it deflected off Stones on the way in, who part his arm up to his head to stop the ball. He would’ve put his head in the way of it without a whistle.

Regardless, the flag should have stayed down until the immediate goal threat was over. It may or may not have resulted in a goal but the lino got that 100% wrong. I would have been mighty miffed if that happened to us.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I learnt a lesson today. I’m always fuming when we draw a game we should have won 0-0. Like some others I begin to wonder if a new forward would be the answer. Will Newcastle spent £60m on one and did exactly that today. So I feel better!

Jimmy Grimble

Watching MOTD - Leeds should’ve had a penalty there I think.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It wasn’t given by VAR because the foul (which was a clear foul and a yellow card) started outside of the box, and VAR can’t give retrospective freekicks or yellow card offences. It was very unlucky from a Leeds perspective, but actually in this case was correct application of VAR.

How the ref missed the foul in the first place is another question entirely.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Not long back from Forest

I'd rather we didn't employ a new manager before we play you, that second half was pretty damned special.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Shearer getting more and more annoyed with refs. He is setting himself for up a climax for the Newcastle analysis. He’ll ratchet it up a notch for the West Ham disallowed goal next.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shearer getting more and more annoyed with refs. He is setting himself for up a climax for the Newcastle analysis. He’ll ratchet it up a notch for the West Ham disallowed goal next.

Quite rightly. VAR is getting worse - it is in the hands of the wrong people.

Jimmy Grimble

It wasn’t given by VAR because the foul (which was a clear foul and a yellow card) started outside of the box, and VAR can’t give retrospective freekicks or yellow card offences. It was very unlucky from a Leeds perspective, but actually in this case was correct application of VAR.

How the ref missed the foul in the first place is another question entirely.

Which would be true if the player wasn’t also fouled once inside the box, which they clearly were.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I assume they bought Cucu knowing that Alonso wanted to leave. I would say, Chilwell, when fit, is better than Cucu at the moment...but Tuchel will probably rotate them - great competition!

Makes you wonder who actually wanted Cucu. The fans? - apparantly no. Tuchel?? Todd Boehly vanity project - 'I can outbid City anytime'?

Pity Manchester City had a sudden unexplained aversion to spending their usual amoungt on defenders - would have been a better fit for Cucu.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I viewed it as all one foul play incident, which started outside of the box.

If there is foul play that starts outside the box and continues inside the box then it should be a penalty. If you start pulling someone's shirt outside and continue to do so but they eventually go down inside the box then that is a penalty. Pretty certain it's always been viewed that way. However, there are very few examples of this. The incident today had shirt pulling outside the area which stopped and then a hand on the shoulder and a suspicion of a trip, three separate things.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We can all bang on about poor ref decisions and the mess that is VAR. However, just seen MOTD and how does an experienced ex pro like Shearer decide Van Dijk tackle is not a straight red?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Started the day in a Champions League spot. Finished the day in a Champions League spot. Didn’t kick a ball.
Happy Days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here