Jul 5, 2017
"He's a natural - ain't you Tyrone?"
"'course I am"

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
7 straight without a win for Leeds now without really playing the toughest opponents (other than Arsenal).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like it's time out for Stevie G. Villa fans absolutely fuming at home, they deserve so much better.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Leeds boo'd off by their fans today. Well at least that gives the MOTD/Sky sports/Talk Sport pundits something to talk about for the next year.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Did anyone watch the Villa game and can explain this?

Seems like VAR was used to decide a red card, but now post match the VAR decision has been over turned? Obviously a ref without the assistance of replays might get something wrong and then it be over turned later. But surely if VAR has helped decide something like this they need to stick to it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did anyone watch the Villa game and can explain this?

Seems like VAR was used to decide a red card, but now post match the VAR decision has been over turned? Obviously a ref without the assistance of replays might get something wrong and then it be over turned later. But surely if VAR has helped decide something like this they need to stick to it?
Personally, I thought it was a harsh red card. Luiz and Mitrovic pushed their chests into each other, on one of the chest bumps their faces got close enough for Mitrovic to fall to the ground holding his face.

Ref didn't spend a lot of time looking at the replay (there were technical issues and the proper screen was unavailble, he supposedly looked at a back up screen). We couldn't see the screen he used, but one of the commentators referenced an ipad, so I don't know if there was an element of not seeing the best replay, that maybe factored into the decision? Maybe the ref assumed VAR had viewed it properly, and they so rarely overturned it, he just gave the video a cursory look (with the technical difficulties already causing a delay, perhaps he felt pressured to rush to a decision). Maybe he never actually saw a replay and just took the VAR's word for it (I believe it was an off the ball incident that the ref didn't see in real time, rather than one he saw and gave one way, then was advised the other way by the VAR).

I think sometimes the powers that be give bad instructions to referees, who follow it as best they can, but when appeals come in, it exposes how bad the advice is, maybe this is an example of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here