Poyet's Meeting With Barnes....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Knock, Knock,

Poyet: Come in Ashley, take a seat.

Poyet: How can I help you Ashley.

Barnes: Well boss, I want to know why Im in the 2nd Team?

Poyet: Because we dont have a 3rd Team!!!!

I'm hoping that isn't "The Gem" or your other gags are going to be unbelievably weak.

You've been around for nearly 3 years, and less than 50 posts, you'd imagine you were quite selective about what you put on here. Clearly not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Craig Mackail-Smith hasn't scored in any of the pre-season friendlies or on Saturday. Barnes was on paternity leave but still scored 3 goals pre-season including one against Tottenham.
Just what is people's problem?

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Ahh, I didnt say where the meeting took place.

P.C. Beard

Aug 8, 2011
He wasn't great on Saturday but he's proven many times he is a good player for us. Doesn't deserve any stick.

That chance was quite awkward, he had to wait ages for it to drop to him and he had too much time to think, if he'd have been under more pressure he'd have probably instinctively slotted it home.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Light the Blue touch paper and stand clear............

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Craig Mackail-Smith hasn't scored in any of the pre-season friendlies or on Saturday. Barnes was on paternity leave but still scored 3 goals pre-season including one against Tottenham.
Just what is people's problem?

Exactly! Send the Blonde-haired pile of crap back to Peterborough.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
If it wasn't for Barnes's goals last season we would still be in League one. Barnes is a fantastic striker at the age of 21 and will get his fair share of goals this season. Grow up fella or do the world a favour and go play with some traffic!

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Thought that Barnes finish was OK. Through the keepers legs, which is where you'll see many Premiership strikers aim the ball.
Keeper got a touch on it to take the power out, and if there wasn't a covering defender, it would have gone in.

If you ask me, he did everything right, technically ???

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Knock, Knock,

Poyet: Come in The Gem, take a seat.

Poyet: How can I help you The Gem.

The Gem: Well boss, I want to know why I'm in the development squad ?

Poyet: well it's complicated but... you still need to develop a joke with a punchline

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Knock, Knock,

Poyet: Come in The Gem, take a seat.

Poyet: How can I help you The Gem.

The Gem: Well boss, I want to know why I'm in the development squad ?

Poyet: well it's complicated but... you still need to develop a joke with a punchline

:lol:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Knock, Knock,

Poyet: Come in Ashley, take a seat.

Poyet: How can I help you Ashley.

Barnes: Well boss, I want to know why Im in the 2nd Team?

Poyet: Because we dont have a 3rd Team!!!!

Should be on Show me the Funny. Genius :wrong:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Are you now trying to imply that this was started as a wind up? I think not Gem my old fruit.

I was a kind of tongue in cheek, however if you watch the 2nd goal again you will see 4 things 1, a quality pass to set the goal up, 2, a quality finish 3, CMS busting a gut to get into the area in case there is something to mop up 4, Barnes not doing the same. There were plenty of occasions during the game where Barnes just does not look interested!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was a kind of tongue in cheek, however if you watch the 2nd goal again you will see 4 things 1, a quality pass to set the goal up, 2, a quality finish 3, CMS busting a gut to get into the area in case there is something to mop up 4, Barnes not doing the same. There were plenty of occasions during the game where Barnes just does not look interested!

Perhaps he was slow in that move. The impression I got through the match was of a very hard-working and committed player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports