Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
tumbleweed-fail-theone-epic-fail-1290524161.png

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was a kind of tongue in cheek, however if you watch the 2nd goal again you will see 4 things 1, a quality pass to set the goal up, 2, a quality finish 3, CMS busting a gut to get into the area in case there is something to mop up 4, Barnes not doing the same. There were plenty of occasions during the game where Barnes just does not look interested!

:facepalm:

So you're criticising Barnes for not being the person who passed the ball, for not scoring the goal, for CMS running into the area, and for himself not running into the area for a rebound - the last of which is a lie; Barnes was in the area when Buckley scored.

So not only are you a bit special, you're also wrong. Feel free to belt up any time you're ready, Mr Burns.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think that Barnes was good enough for League 1 last year. I think that he will develop into a Championship - or possibly even higher, Striker. However, he was far too hesitant getting his shot away on Saturday, and he has had a lot of disruption to his pre-season. Maybe he should be given some time away from the spotlight of being a starter for the First Team? Buckley was just so much better than him when he came on, that it would be grossly unfair for him to keep his place.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
:facepalm:

So you're criticising Barnes for not being the person who passed the ball, for not scoring the goal, for CMS running into the area, and for himself not running into the area for a rebound - the last of which is a lie; Barnes was in the area when Buckley scored.

So not only are you a bit special, you're also wrong. Feel free to belt up any time you're ready, Mr Burns.

Facts are Facts,
When the squad is 100% Fit Barnes will probably not be in the Starting 11.

Yes he did well for us last season, however League 1 to the Championship is a big step up, and I feel that Barnes will struggle.

CMS showed more hunger during the game and lets be honest 1st game in the New Stadium and in The Championship every player should have come off on his knees because of the amount of effort they put in to the game.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Knock, Knock,

Poyet: Come in Ashley, take a seat.

Poyet: How can I help you Ashley.

Barnes: Well boss, I want to know why Im in the 2nd Team?

Poyet: Because we dont have a 3rd Team!!!!

Who are you ? Mr Burns bastard love child ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Facts are Facts,
When the squad is 100% Fit Barnes will probably not be in the Starting 11.

Yes he did well for us last season, however League 1 to the Championship is a big step up, and I feel that Barnes will struggle.

CMS showed more hunger during the game and lets be honest 1st game in the New Stadium and in The Championship every player should have come off on his knees because of the amount of effort they put in to the game.

I don't think you understand the concept of 'facts'. :facepalm:

Still carrying on making a berk of yourself, Mr Burns. It's entertaining and tragic in equal measure.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What a spacker.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Last season we had five strikers

Murray
Barnes
Sandaza
Holroyd
Hart

...........of those five, Gus chose to show the door to four, which one did he keep?

Perhaps of course you are a better manager than him, and know more about the game.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
'The Gem' You seem to have missed an 'r' out of your name

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
A rehashed Cloughie quote to Martin O'Neil. Was funny then in that context, but not in this...

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
When Gus Poyet went on his first pre season tour of England with Zaragoza in 1990 they played Plymouth.
He was young and single and naturally he would have enjoyed his post match evening in Union St as any young foreign footballer on tour might.
How old is young Ash ?
Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here