Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perfect sort of club for Poyet to go to , i wish him and his interpreter good luck , they will need it .

Gus can speak perfectly good Italian. Or are you talking about an interpreter translating what Gus is saying into something comprehensible ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well he's 8/11 now from 8's today, so something has happened.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
John cross and Sam Wallace both saying it's now Poyets job to turn down (according to twitter!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well he's 8/11 now from 8's today, so something has happened.

DiMatteo doesn't want the gig , so Gus is now the frontrunner because he won't cost Sunderland any compo money. DiCanio has left a back room team of Italians who are too costly to get rid of on a compulsory basis and Gus can speak Italian.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Sam Wallace got Poyet to Reading HORRIBLY wrong.

He still stands by it today. Sam Wallace got an absolute bucket load of stick on twitter and on the website comments page and still says he was off. I feel for him as we now think/believe/led to understand/has been alluded to/ he asked to leave, spoke to reading and pulled out at the last moment.

Dont much like the guy but he honestly was told that Poyet was off and did his job in reporting it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've had a strong feeling for weeks that Gus would be the only available manager who could walk straight into the Sunderland job, and was convinced Di Canio was due to depart shortly.

I'm not a betting man but was serously considering putting £100 on him to go there. Sadly as I said I'm not a betting man and didn't get round to it :facepalm:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Yes - spring hall - but against some of most potent attackers in the world?

I'm not so sure. I think by early next year Sunderland will have another new manager.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I hope Poyet gets the Sunderland job and then we can see what a good manager he is under stress in a relegation season long battle.

Completely agree, I want to see him tested in the Prem with spending power so I can judge him as a manager on that basis.

I wonder if Tanno and Charlie will be part of the setup if he gets the job, he probably owes it to them?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Michael Vaughan has a source for football uses, that is usually pretty good, and he reckons Poyet will be the new manager of Sunderland

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
if Gus turned down Reading as reported for whatever reason, then taking the Sunderland job should be an easy decision for him (if offered). They don't appear to have the worst squad in the Premier and are rumoured to have a budget in the top 8. Assume Di Canio may have spent most of this. Not sure Gus can keep turning jobs down until Chelsea/Spurs/Zaragoza come calling, if they ever do!!!. If he is waiting for Jol to be sacked, he could miss out at Fulham, as new American owner might choose someone else. My Mckem mate George is in favour of Gus, and a bit like we were in the summer doesn't want any of the dinosaurs that regularly get trotted out on sky betting.Don't dislike Sunderland and hope it works out for them, preferably over the scum at Selhurst.

Five games in, perfect opportunity for Gus to prove how good he keeps telling everyone he is.....

George just text me to see if Garcia is avaialble.... **** Off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here