Poyet "on the verge of quitting Brighton"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyone that thinks he wouldn't go to villa or west brom is kidding themselves ! Both established prem clubs exactly the sort of clubs he should be looking at if he wants to make the step up.

Maybe, but that doesn't follow it's going to happen now, or that either club wants him. That newspaper report doesn't quote anyone from either club saying that they want him.

Also why every time some gives a different view to the majority do they get loads of abuse?

It's not the fact that they give an opposing view, it's more usually (a) the wanton, slavering desire for him to go, completely ignoring his achievements thus far backed by (b) an assumption focusing on his thus far non-existent avarice.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gus can knock all these rumours on the head and make his position absolutely clear by making a public statement to the effect that he would not be prepared to leave Brighton unless he was offered a job by one of the top 6 teams in the Premiership. It would be very easy to make such a statement but I doubt he'll do so.

Why the f*** should he? Would you come out and make a public statement telling your employer that you will never leave your job unless one of the very top jobs in your field comes in? Of course you wouldn't! You don't know what is going to happen, you might get a job offer somewhere you hadn't even considered that opens up an amazing opportunity for you to further your career. You might get fed up in your current job for whatever reason. Why would you come out and publicly say that? Give me one reason!

And something that people seem to forget is that Gus a) doesn't read NSC and b) doesn't care what you think. So why the hell would he come out and say he will never ever leave unless a top 6 club comes in for him? What would it achieve? To please you, someone who has absolutely no concept of how a football club works?

Jesus, think about what you are saying for one second. People on this board seem to be getting stupider and stupider.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Reasons why I go and watch the Albion;

1) It's in the blood, I,m addicted...have been for the last 47/48 years..................80%

2) That stadium........thankyou Mr. Bloom .........................................................10%

3) The quality of players.......thankyou Mr.Bloom..................................................4%

4) The optimism for the future.....thankyou Mr.Bloom..........................................3%

5) The style of football........thankyou Gus...........................................................2%

6) The Chicken & Ham pie.......thankyou Piglets Pantry.........................................1%

Gus Poyet has been a good manager so far, with the potential to be a very good manager. Howver, the most important person at this club is Mr. Bloom (apart from the supporters).....by some distance. So long as he stays....I,m happy.

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
You have to adapt to different situations, you cant simply just pass pass pass. Gus poyets way is naive and shows his inexpereince in management, i think i could of told them to go and pass the ball to the blue and white stripes, he has no other way of playing and is so plain obvious. If brighton got a new manager i dont think it would be too bad especially for 2.5million, he isn't loyal to albion.

Personally keeping the ball in own half passing around the back and midfield with no end product isn't WOW football, its boring and wont win anything. English way will beat Spanish way.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally keeping the ball in own half passing around the back and midfield with no end product isn't WOW football, its boring and wont win anything. English way will beat Spanish way.

No you are right...that barcelona eh wankers! ..what have they ever won playing the "latin way"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anyone that thinks he wouldn't go to villa or west brom is kidding themselves ! Both established prem clubs exactly the sort of clubs he should be looking at if he wants to make the step up.Also why every time some gives a different view to the majority do they get loads of abuse?

They don't, but the likes of kevtherev and zebadee have proved time and time again that they don't understand football, and consistently come out with absolute rubbish, without ever actually thinking about the subject properly. And it getting a little tiresome now. If they said something sensible, regardless of the viewpoint, then they wouldn't get abuse. Instead they come out with the same old 'Gus will go, definitely', 'He's a dictator', 'We don't need him anyway, we should go back to playing proper English football', 'He should come out and tell the fans he is staying' bollocks. Neither of them have a clue about football, and I would be astonished if either of them had ever played the game to any kind of standard.

They'd love it of we got rid of Gus and got a 'proper' Manager in like Mick McCarthy or Sam Allardyce.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

:lolol:

By far the funniest post I've seen on here for a while

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No you are right...that barcelona eh wankers! ..what have they ever won playing the "latin way"

And that Spain lot-how did they ever win the World Cup and Euros?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone that thinks he wouldn't go to villa or west brom is kidding themselves ! Both established prem clubs exactly the sort of clubs he should be looking at if he wants to make the step up.Also why every time some gives a different view to the majority do they get loads of abuse?

The clubs concerned have got to approach him first. If you were on the board of either club and looking at candidates would you choose an inexperienced manager who has won a league one title? There are plenty of managers who have done that and some are out of work at present.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You have to adapt to different situations, you cant simply just pass pass pass. Gus poyets way is naive and shows his inexpereince in management, i think i could of told them to go and pass the ball to the blue and white stripes, he has no other way of playing and is so plain obvious. If brighton got a new manager i dont think it would be too bad especially for 2.5million, he isn't loyal to albion.

I give up. Another one who doesn't understand the game at all. I honestly don't know what to say to that.

Please tell me I have just fallen for a (good) wind up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What have mr latinos won this year? they are playing in a terrible league with teams that dont defend.

You've been to watch your fair share of La Liga games, I assume?

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
I give up. Another one who doesn't understand the game at all. I honestly don't know what to say to that.

Please tell me I have just fallen for a (good) wind up.

No your right, i defintely dont understand how to play football..

:\ give me your expert verdict on how to play perfect football..

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
UEFA Europa League, for one, after having four clubs in the semi-finals - including two teams who knocked out two of England's supposed finest before the Quarter-final stage.

Oh god congrats on winning the Europa League, the competition no one wants to be in :\

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No your right, i defintely dont understand how to play football..

:\ give me your expert verdict on how to play perfect football..

There is no such thing as perfect football. But I would say that the style of possession football that the current European and World Champions play is probably about as close to it as you can get.

Have you ever played a game against a team that keep the ball brilliantly? Because I can tell you it is f***ing soul destroying, there is nothing worse than running around unable to get the ball. You make mistakes and leave gaps, which the other team can then exploit, if they are good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports