Poyet "on the verge of quitting Brighton"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yeah its terrible. not quite as bad as chmpionship football but close.

Who have you been to see?

As for the Stoke 3 - 0 Brighton comment, I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting.

A league 1 hoofball team would beat a non league passing team, of course they would.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There is no such thing as perfect football. But I would say that the style of possession football that the current European and World Champions play is probably about as close to it as you can get.

Have you ever played a game against a team that keep the ball brilliantly? Because I can tell you it is f***ing soul destroying, there is nothing worse than running around unable to get the ball. You make mistakes and leave gaps, which the other team can then exploit, if they are good enough.

are you glenn johnson in disguise...??

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Have you ever played a game against a team that keep the ball brilliantly? Because I can tell you it is f***ing soul destroying, there is nothing worse than running around unable to get the ball. You make mistakes and leave gaps, which the other team can then exploit, if they are good enough.

Have you?????

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
This thread is bollocks.

If I was offered a job at a much better company on much more money I would go.

So would Gus

Managers come and go and if he goes we will remeber him as a superb manager and we will them all moan about his replacement and say he will never be as good as Gus.

If the manager comes in and gets us into the playoffs we will allo be saying he is the best manager we have every had and then it goes on. Its football

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
There is no such thing as perfect football. But I would say that the style of possession football that the current European and World Champions play is probably about as close to it as you can get.

Barcelona had 83% overall possession over two legs (180minutes) thats 150 minutes of the ball, only scored 2 goals..
Chelsea had 17% overall possession over two legs (180minutes) thats 30minutes, scored 3 goals..

You have to adapt, barcelona were so predictable and chelsea did a great job with ten men and no centre backs. Think how chelsea players felt after holding out them and most of all outscoring them - they would of said that to be perfect.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Barcelona had 83% overall possession over two legs (180minutes) thats 150 minutes of the ball, only scored 2 goals..
Chelsea had 17% overall possession over two legs (180minutes) thats 30minutes, scored 3 goals..

You have to adapt, barcelona were so predictable and chelsea did a great job with ten men and no centre backs. Think how chelsea players felt after holding out them and most of all outscoring them - they would of said that to be perfect.

You are talking about two games of football. Two. You're also talking about an English team that is full of foreign players anyway.

How do you think England are going to get on in the Euros against these silly Latinos with their funny ways? Same as they have done for the last 50 years?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The one thing that everybody seems to forget is that there is not another manager in English football that has such a say in the way the club is going as he does. Fergie, Wenger, Arry none of them Gus virtually runs this club on the football side and all the time he can do that why should he move to a club with a chairman who becaue of his ownership of the club wants to also be the manager.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Barcelona also hit both posts over the two legs, had a shot cleared off the line and missed a penalty. Chelsea were very, very, very lucky to win those games. You can't say that their style beat Barcelona because luck was also very much on their side.

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
You are talking about two games of football. Two. You're also talking about an English team that is full of foreign players anyway.

How do you think England are going to get on in the Euros against these silly Latinos with their funny ways? Same as they have done for the last 50 years?

Without John Terry.. No chance what so ever
With John Terry.. I think they can

Also ashley cole not english? ramires not english? frank lampard not english?

get your facts right before you pipe up..

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
Barcelona also hit both posts over the two legs, had a shot cleared off the line and missed a penalty. Chelsea were very, very, very lucky to win those games. You can't say that their style beat Barcelona because luck was also very much on their side.

Mate if you have 150 out of 180 minutes of the football and lose you are shit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not clicking on another Daily Fail link till at least 2018. I had a look at what that idiot Brick woman was saying and then I had to wash my eyes out with very strong soap indeed. They still sting.

However other papers that I have read this morning have Chris Hughton going to West Brom and McLeish team strengthening at Villa. In my experience when 2 papers contradict each other then it's the Daily Fail that's wrong. Unless the other one is the Express. In which case they're both wrong and the Express has linked the football story to the weather and Princess Diana having cancer.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Ah, I get it. You're one of those who think its about 'passion' and 'pride in the shirt', I get it.

In fact I've just realised that I have fallen for a wind up, the Ramires part gave it away. I'll pipe down do you can try and snare some others.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

how many times have you seen Terry being made to look stupid this season by strikers he would potentially be up against in the Euros ........no way should he be anywhere near the England set up !

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The one thing that everybody seems to forget is that there is not another manager in English football that has such a say in the way the club is going as he does. Fergie, Wenger, Arry none of them Gus virtually runs this club on the football side and all the time he can do that why should he move to a club with a chairman who becaue of his ownership of the club wants to also be the manager.

This is such a big and frankly obvious point that it amazes me that people forget or ignore it. Poyet is in the early stages of creating a whole football club in his image. Think about that for a second. The average length of a managers reign is under two years. Most managers are aware they're working under serious short term pressure. Poyet not only doesn't have to worry about that he is being given free reign to create the playing side of the club in his own image, from scratch. How many clubs-at the same level or higher-would allow him that? Not many.

One day he will leave, this is inevitable, but must we endure these terminally dull threads over every job vacancy and idle bit of press speculation?

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
Ah, I get it. You're one of those who think its about 'passion' and 'pride in the shirt', I get it.

In fact I've just realised that I have fallen for a wind up, the Ramires part gave it away. I'll pipe down do you can try and snare some others.

Commander - the football perfectionist

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yeah born in brazil, but classed as english because hes been living here for years and hasnt played for brazil yet..

At the risk of also falling for a massive wind up Ramires joined Chelsea in 2010 from Benfica and has 27 caps for Brazil, including being part of their 2010 World Cup Squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports