Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
1) Zero actual quotes from anyone remotely connected.
2) Doesn't make sense (from GPs perspective)
3) Doesn't make sense (from Reading's perspective)
4) GP is in the Caribbean, sipping on a Banana Daquiri
5) Entire rumour mountain built on a house of cards

But the only thing NSC loves more than a binfest is a tranfer rumour, so I'm not surprised this has taken off. Just weird that it was such a slow burner to start off with.

So in summary, you don't know either.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It's the Independent article that's worrying me though. Where does a figure of £2m come from? MOST of the time there's no smoke without fire. I'm just hoping this is one of those occasions where bullshit is based on bullshit and recycled.

I think when Wolves were sniffing around last year the club said they'd need to give us £2m in compensation, I think they're just recycling that figure to make the article sound more official. Bunch of :tosser:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I reckon if a few people on here all chucked a tenner on Adkins to be the next Reading manager he'd be odds on favourite before you can say "Well, if they can keep up with us"

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Looks like (if it happens) some things just dont change. No matter how far we've come or how far we go, there will always be other clubs interested and able to sign our players and managers. I just don't see why Reading. I feel on old rivalry being reborn!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Fordham on Twitter seems to think it is a done deal. I didn't think Gus would go unless something very good came along and Reading don't seem that great - must be the parachute payment if this is true.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think what is clear is that even if Gus stays - he will be off as soon as he is offered a prem Job. We may only have him for 8 more games anyway. Will he be fully focussed on getting us into the play offs ?

Maybe if he goes this is the best time.

you really think that the manager leaving now with 8 games to go and with us outside the playoffs on GD is a good time? :facepalm:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
was not convinced this was going to happen but the longer it goes the more concerned I become. I know it has been asked before but why Reading? I find that very strange, probably the same or lower division next year, smaller fan base and although more money via premiership no guarantee of success, just look at Bolton, wolves etc. not the special job he kept on about.

I think the parachute money will be used to recruit new players to strengthen their squad , they would be certs for promotion with Bridcutt , Lopez , Ulloa and Orlandi on board.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Well that's another 24 hours of sod all work getting done
Me "Sorry boss... no sales today"
Boss "why's that you lazy sod ?"
Me "Well, NSC has gone into melt down & I have no life and need to keep on it"

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It would be a shame if he left after the decent job he's done over the last few seasons. I'd trust Bloom to bring in the right man if/when Poyet does leave.

The King is dead, long live the King and all that.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I don't really understand why so many people are posting on this thread, when they have nothing of interest or amusement to say, and no new hard information to add to the debate
............. oh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here