[Albion] Powell gone

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hope gone.
Hope gone at Brighton.
No Hope at Brighton.

Headline writer's dream.

Edit: Should have been "Hope on the ropes" this morning.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sad but inevitable.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Not entirely surprising given results, but a shame nonetheless. I’m really not sure what’s happening with our women’s team, they’ve been on the end of some real hidings recently, clearly something wasn’t right.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be interesting to see who they bring in instead.

Squad doesn't exactly look like a bunch of world beaters, think that even with a new coach it will be a matter of trying to stay up.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not entirely surprising given results, but a shame nonetheless. I’m really not sure what’s happening with our women’s team, they’ve been on the end of some real hidings recently, clearly something wasn’t right.
Huge turn over of players over the summer, something like 9 players left. Clearly taking some time for the new look squad to gel.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
On the club site - "“Hope’s contribution to the development of women’s and girls’ football at our club, and for the women's game in this country, cannot be underestimated."

Cannot be underestimated??? What?? Are they intending to take the piss? I hear this a lot with dumb pundits, maybe it's a football thing that folk repeat without thinking.

"Cannot be overestimated" or "cannot be overstated". Is it that difficult?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think they had enough credit in the bank to warrant a bit more time although I am concerned they had lost the dressing room and at that point unfortunately there's usually no way back.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Gus to Brighton

Potter to Brighton

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here