Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potters Chelsea contract.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's really, truly not. He will pay the same rates of PAYE and NI as any other UK-based employee, and moreover Chelsea will also pay 15.05% employer NI on top of his salary each month.

Overall, each year >£7M will be going to the Exchequer as a result of GP's £12M salary.

Is he 'an employee' though. Or is he a consultant/contractor type relationship? In which case, he may not be subject to full PAYE etc.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Is he 'an employee' though. Or is he a consultant/contractor type relationship? In which case, he may not be subject to full PAYE etc.

He's an employee. 100%. Cast iron guarantee.

Why is everyone so convinced that high earners are all dodging taxes? The vast majority don't!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am afraid to say that your Thomas Frank analogy doesn't hold much water . Look at it this way , if TF had been the one approached by Chelsea would he have said that ? No he would have jumped at it , then suppose Brentford having lost TF were connected with an interest in GP i would think he would say exactly what TF has now said .
Your other point is about waiting for further offers but truth is you , i and especially GP could never be sure that would be the case . I think he would probably have preferred it if an offer like that had come along later but when presented with that on the table decided that was the way to go .
Don't get me wrong here , i am bitterly upset like most of us but it is what it is . My dream is to see the Albion compete in a european competition and after the start this season had even got the cases down out of the loft but it turns out that was a bit premature and , like me , they are now back gathering dust !

Maybe Frank would have jumped ship too - but the fact remains that Potter did leave an unfinished project. All about opinions of course, but I don't think anyone can seriously believe other opportunities wouldn't have come Potter's way.
Anyway, at the end of the day, Potter or no Potter, I'd love t see Chelsea struggle - never liked 'em!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Some really pathetic posts on here. No manager in the world at a club the size of ours, with our budget turn down the opportunity to take over at Chelsea on mad money, 5 year contract and the chance to bring all your backroom staff with you.

Further to this, the new owners seem to be publicly suggesting that a long term project involving developing young players (as was his remit at Albion) is the future of the club so it also suits his style. Whether or not this new long term vision rings true if it doesn't start well or if they have a poor run time will only tell but personally I have nothing but thanks for what Potter has done for our club and hope he does well for 36 games a season.

I trust Bloom and Barber to find another manager to continue his work. We have a long term plan, Potter was part of that but not a part that can't be replaced however good he was for us.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Some really pathetic posts on here. No manager in the world at a club the size of ours, with our budget turn down the opportunity to take over at Chelsea on mad money, 5 year contract and the chance to bring all your backroom staff with you.

Further to this, the new owners seem to be publicly suggesting that a long term project involving developing young players (as was his remit at Albion) is the future of the club so it also suits his style. Whether or not this new long term vision rings true if it doesn't start well or if they have a poor run time will only tell but personally I have nothing but thanks for what Potter has done for our club and hope he does well for 36 games a season.

I trust Bloom and Barber to find another manager to continue his work. We have a long term plan, Potter was part of that but not a part that can't be replaced however good he was for us.

Obviously, from the point of view of Potter et a, it's perfectly logical but I reserve the right to maintain they're all a bunch of snake-tongued Judas wankers. Boo them all I shall (unless, as is most likely, I've got over it by the time we appoint a new manager).

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I suppose it could be argued that Potter had very nearly finished the “Project” in that we finished last season with the most points and the highest position ever in our history. This season has started pretty much as the last one finished and the club is at an historically high position, so you could say job done?
You could say that but I would rather say “**** off you Brummy ****”

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can he recall Gilmour and the left back from their loans ?

Recalling Gilmour might be difficult since he signed for Brighton permanently.

Players can only be recalled during the transfer windows so for Colwill it would have to wait until January. However, since Brighton allegedly paid a loan fee for Colwill, Chelsea will not have a recall option.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
How wrong you are.
With a full Royal Air Force pension and a salary of 50k + I can assure you I pay more than basic rate.. I wish I didn’t

So as we used to say in the RAF ‘ don’t assume…check’

Thanks for your concern anyway.

...then I have some FUN news for you - you've underpaid tax on your payment and owe some more!

:lol:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
...then I have some FUN news for you - you've underpaid tax on your payment and owe some more!

:lol:

Suggest you learn to read........According to HMRC and my accountant as I have overpaid in the last financial year. I was paid back £750 last month after a tax return.

Thanks for your concern but I'm not here to discuss my financial details.

Good Night.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If it wasn’t for the money, then I’d say we are the bigger challenge. Imagine getting a #teamslikebrighton into Europe or win a trophy. If he does that at Chelsea, what exactly has he achieved that others haven’t?

Exactly, winning say the FA cup with Brighton is a far bigger achievement than winning it with Chelsea. Getting a place in one of rhe European club competitions with us is bigger than qualifying for the Champions League with Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here