Eff me.

No wonder he legged it in a few hours.

EE087A0C-7DB7-4EF9-B124-C2986FBC658B.jpg
52177C9A-BF2B-47DF-90FC-0D3F48C1B015.png

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just another mercenary of the football world.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will never understand how Financial Fair Play works.

Can a Dullard help me out?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I will never understand how Financial Fair Play works.

Can a Dullard help me out?

Yes. The big clubs spend what they want to and either blatantly ignore it or fudge the figures to comply.

Other smaller clubs are forced to comply.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its all a bit revolting isn't it.

F*ck "the project". Just be honest Graham. They've filled your trousers. That is quite literally ALL that matters to you. I'm not saying its not what most human beings would do, but lets not pretend its about anything else. You had a good thing at BHA, you're 47, you commanded admiration and respect. You had time.

Lets see how this pans out at a club that doesn't afford so much as 18 months. Once you're chewed up inside a year, you'll join the mercenary managers merry-go-round. Well, you already have.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

F*ck "the project". Just be honest Graham. They've filled your trousers. That is quite literally ALL that matters to you. I'm not saying its not what most human beings would do, but lets not pretend its about anything else. You had a good thing at BHA, you're 47, you commanded admiration and respect. You had time.

Lets see how this pans out at a club that doesn't afford so much as 18 months. Once you're chewed up inside a year, you'll join the mercenary managers merry-go-round. Well, you already have.

Bitter truth. Far too many of our fans actually beloved Potter was different. Money is everything!

Yep. Hoping he and the rest of those judas's get dogs abuse when they return. MASSIVE CU*TS.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just another mercenary of the football world.

He didn't need the money, he's already worth millions.

Folk just need to accept that sometimes people move for bigger challenges.

The chance to manage a Champions League team, and one that wanted him, isn't a regular thing. He took it.

Good luck to him.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When it's put like that it's hard to say no isn't it?

Crazy money in your bank account, your whole coaching team coming with you and the opportunity to choose your sporting director at one of the biggest clubs in the league. It's a really good opportunity to achieve to succeed at the highest level.

It just sucks on a massive level that it leaves us in such a precarious position.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I feel like I’ve been punched in the stomach.

I’m disappointed in all of them going, but sadly, I guess I’m now not surprised. I assume that the other members of the coaching team will also have seen their wage packets increase by 6 times.

I feel nothing towards them now. I feel nothing towards Chelsea. I just feel sad and let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
£60m is about £30m more than I thought it would be.

There's not one player in the squad and not one person in the staff who would have turned it down. Neither would any previous manager or player say no to £60m.

Of course, on any fan forum there will be plenty saying "meh, its just money, you already have plenty of that...". Easy to talk, however. Very few of those people would actually shrug and walk away if offered £60m.

Is there a typical % paid up if you are sacked mid contract, assuming 50%?

100% usually. You keep your salary until a new club hires you.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
When it's put like that it's hard to say no isn't it?

Crazy money in your bank account, your whole coaching team coming with you and the opportunity to choose your sporting director at one of the biggest clubs in the league. It's a really good opportunity to achieve to succeed at the highest level.

It just sucks on a massive level that it leaves us in such a precarious position.

I would laugh if Potter persuades Chelsea to poach Dan Ashworth though!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
£60m is about £30m more than I thought it would be.

There's not one player in the squad and not one person in the staff who would have turned it down. Neither would any previous manager or player say no to £60m.

Of course, on any fan forum there will be plenty saying "meh, its just money, you already have plenty of that...". Easy to talk, however. Very few of those people would actually shrug and walk away if offered £60m.

As I have said in another thread.
Even without the money, a 5 year deal for someone who clearly sees Potter as the centre-piece to his new regime, is a seriously tempting offer.
Potter must have thought that he would eventually be offered a big job as a last option for a fading team,
But this is huge money, long contract for the current world club champions. With an owner saying all the right things.

He would be a mug to turn it down,
I'm leaning towards forgiveness now ( I told you yesterday's post was just a knee-jerk reaction)

Obviously I hope they all **** up and coming crawling back, cap in hand.
I'm not a ****ing saint.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He didn't need the money, he's already worth millions.

Folk just need to accept that sometimes people move for bigger challenges.

The chance to manage a Champions League team, and one that wanted him, isn't a regular thing. He took it.

Good luck to him.

50/50. Yes it's the challenge, but that's ridiculous amount of money. That's the best part of a quarter of a million quid a week.

How many footballers who are multi multi millionaires went to China for example, for the big cash payout. Fellaini moved there from ManUre in 2019 and he's on £235,000 per week. All about the challenge for him too?

Potter leaving and ripping out the heart of our training staff hurts. Not sure if I'll forgive. Entirely depends on how his replacement does.

If we get relegated this season, would you be so magnanimous?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’m sorry but it is completely about the money.

Not just the piles of cash he is filling his pockets with, but the piles of cash he can now spend on players.

If it wasn’t… then people would never move to a top 6 club…. It’s ALL about the £££££££

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Not just the piles of cash he is filling his pockets with, but the piles of cash he can now spend on players.

If it wasn’t… then people would never move to a top 6 club…. It’s ALL about the £££££££

Of course they would. They're at this level because they hate losing and love winning. If you get £10k to play for Bournemouth or £10k to play for City, any player would choose City.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

He also gets the chance to fill his trophy cabinet.

Sadly, that was probably a opportunity we could never have given him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here