Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter or Hodgson, Albion's squad or Palace's squad

Potter or Hodgson, Albion's squad or Palace's squad?

• Potter / Albion's squad

Votes: 201 91.4%
  • Potter / Palace's squad

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Hodgson / Albion's squad

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Hodgson / Palace's squad

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
OK, WHERE'S THE REAL BOZZA?
What a stupid poll for a Brighton & Hove Albion forum, would we prefer to be pikeys or have a dinosaur as a manager?
I don't mind controversial threads, but this is bordering on blasphemy

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
The only reason they’re above us is luck and nothing else. I don’t know about them but we’ve lost at the very least 8 points this season through bad (or corrupt) refereeing decisions which would have put us up there level or above them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The reason Palace are above us is primarily because they are streetwise and snide. It also helps that they used up about 9 acres-worth of lucky heather against us in both games this season.

They are absolutely TURGID to watch though, so the notion of actually wanting to trade managers/squads with them ? Nah. You're alright thanks.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We have the better players and the better manager and next year we will prove that beyond doubt. At least +10 points IMHO.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd definitely find a place in the side let alone the squad for both Zaha and Eze, but the rest (including the manager) would be Albion.

Top ingenuity in designing a poll that Potter can win right now

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'd definitely find a place in the side let alone the squad for both Zaha and Eze, but the rest (including the manager) would be Albion.

Would absolutely HATE following an Albion with the SEGW in it, diving his way to more points. He is a good footballer but the downsides (cheating plain and simple) would ruin it for me. Roy Keane in his prime would walk into our team, but would I want him? No thanks. Personal integrity has got to count for something.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So you’ve got a better manager and a better squad. What’s gone wrong then.???

I feel dirty, but this..... well almost - I went with Potter.

Offensively, they are ahead of us, Townsend, Zahahaha are better than anything we have from a width perspective and are more likely to create chances that even a cart horse like Benteke can score...... ��
(Imagine them under Potter).

Defence wise - us.

Bissouma is better individually than their midfielders, but if we are talking as a unit then probably not.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
So you’ve got a better manager and a better squad. What’s gone wrong then.???

You’ve somehow taken four points from us this season. An unbelievably soft penalty in the first and a near robbery in the second. Take those results away and very little between the two sides points wise.

Trying to remain unbiased, you have the oldest squad in the league, us one of the youngest. If we turn our attacking problems round we are the better side.

The one thing in your favour, is you’re more street wise and you can grind out the results which generally gets you to 40 or more points.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We have the better players and the better manager and next year we will prove that beyond doubt. At least +10 points IMHO.

I think thats hard to know. It looks like they could have up-to 12 players out of contract, who could walk away and so could Hodgson. They could have a totally different side.

I don't understand it, but they somehow think they are in a good place financially to take advantage of a depressed transfer market. I think they might be in trouble as like everyone else made a huge loss last season and likely made a loss this season. So can only get their money from either selling Zaha (not impossible but yet another player gone if it happens), or owners put the money in (they seem to want to sell up so are they that willing to do that?).

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
As someone already said Hodgson is more streetwise than Potter and knows how to get results. I know for a fact I wouldn't want him to manage us as he plays similar to Hughton and that got a bit tedious after a while. I would like us to try and sign Benteke in the summer if his wages were right as he actually knows how to score goals. He doesn't suite our style of play but he would be a good option to change things up if things weren't working out in a game and we wanted to change our style.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Palace have done very very well, with what they have.
It can’t be denied.
It will all fall apart eventually though, of that I’m sure.

PS I say this at the end of every season

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is joshing.

BHA fans will say Potter plus BHA squad and the wankpuffins the opposite. Thems the rules.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
This will be a rather unpopular post I'm sure, however needs to be said. Hodgson has achieved far more in his managerial career than Potter, of course Hodgson has been in the game a much longer time but Hodgson without doubt would be considered from a neutral perspective a more successful manager - however his days in management are numbered now I reckon, so wouldn't want him at our club over Potter at this stage.

When it comes to comparing squads, we do have lots of exciting young players, however an obvious weakness all season has been our forward players. Palace have us beat in this area of the pitch, and these are the players who are the most expensive, although Zaha is a grade A **** he wins Palace matches on his own at times. A difficult decision then between a squad with perhaps more up and coming 'talent' who are very profligate in front of goal, or a more experienced squad who are more pragmatic and take their chances more clinically.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
unfortunately the league positions for this and last year means they cant have both a worse squad and worse manager. it might not be pretty but Hodgson gets results and deals with what he has better. Potter seems to overthink things and all that psychological fluff appears to be determental to players.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Managers, squads and playing style are polar opposites. Too much either way if you ask me. One needs a bit of both. How about Hodgson managing and GP coaching. A dream team. I reckon they could get on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You’ve somehow taken four points from us this season. An unbelievably soft penalty in the first and a near robbery in the second. Take those results away and very little between the two sides points wise.

Trying to remain unbiased, you have the oldest squad in the league, us one of the youngest. If we turn our attacking problems round we are the better side.

The one thing in your favour, is you’re more street wise and you can grind out the results which generally gets you to 40 or more points.

Palace under Roy's experience have reached a peak, the Albion under Potter and his shortish managerial career are work in progress and still to reach a peak.

I think that's probably true. They are at the end of a cycle and we are towards the start. It makes Potter / Brighton Squad the right answer to the poll. However, should we be relegated that cycle will go backwards. This is my main concern re results etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here