Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out?

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No. That's an interpretation you've created in your head based on your own agenda.

Simster wants rid of our "useless strikers". I'm wondering if GP agrees and how far he's prepared to push it to get what he wants.

My guess is that next season they'll all be here except Welbeck and we'll be having this whole conversation again. The only variable will be if we're underachieving in the Premier League or the Championship.

How far do you suggest DA and GP should take it?

Asking TB?
Threatening TB?
Breaking into TBs vault and steal his money?
Taking TB as hostage?

I'd be open to one of those (asking) and I would not be surprised if it was already done the last summer though we'll never know.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Asking TB?
Threatening TB?
Taking TB as hostage?

I'd be open to one of those (asking) and I would not be surprised if it was already done the last summer though we'll never know.

I'd suggest they discuss it amicably and I'm sure they will. However, managers and coaches have resigned over such matters in the past, including at this club. Again, it's no surprise you didn't get the inference as you're an outsider.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I wish they would do an Amazon documentary following Brighton for the year , be wonderful to see what potter and his two stooges do in training every other day.

I wonder what they would call it???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'd suggest they discuss it amicably and I'm sure they will. However, managers and coaches have resigned over such matters in the past, including at this club. Again, it's no surprise you didn't get the inference as you're an outsider.

GP wont resign over not getting what he points at as he is a mature and sensible person. No surprise you're not getting that though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Asking TB?
Threatening TB?
Taking TB as hostage?

You DO realise that you''ve gone a wee bit head-mental? Stalking a foreign manager? Haranguing
a foreign club's fans? Do you have a friend you could call? Or could mum let you out the basement as a cry for help? Let us know if we can help :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You DO realise that you''ve gone a wee bit head-mental? Stalking a foreign manager? Haranguing
a foreign club's fans? Do you have a friend you could call? Or could mum let you out the basement as a cry for help? Let us know if we can help :thumbsup:

TBF it's no more mad than me suddenly stalking the Malmo board because Palace's Roy Hodgson used to coach there

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Nope, but I am starting to worry now as you should know a thing or two about being "head-mental".

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
No. That's an interpretation you've created in your head based on your own agenda.

Simster wants rid of our "useless strikers". I'm wondering if GP agrees and how far he's prepared to push it to get what he wants.

My guess is that next season they'll all be here except Welbeck and we'll be having this whole conversation again. The only variable will be if we're underachieving in the Premier League or the Championship.

Given the age of most of them (not Welbeck obviously) they may well have significantly improved by this time next season.

Threatening to resign probably makes sense if your team is on the cusp of promotion and needs an extra push to get over the line. Particularly in the lower divisions where the sums of money involved are smaller.

At the moment I'd guess Potter and the rest of those involved think we have enough about us to stay up this season, and will expect the young players in the squad to kick on in following seasons.

Bringing in a proven Premier League goalscorer would cost a fortune even by football standards, and that sort of player is highly unlikely to want to come to Brighton or a team at our sort of level. Realistically we're alwaya going to be looking for players who have a given set of attributes (knowing what the goal looks like would be a good place to start) and who we think can make the grade in the PL. Unless a replacement manager brings £60million of his own money to the table that's not going to change.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So does Potter strike you as the sort of bloke who’ll sit in Tony’s office demanding a proven striker who can also take penalties or is he the sort who’ll take what Ashworth gives him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'ld imagine that tony oversees all the relevant individuals and they have a grown up discussion. when a consenus is reached, and/or tony decides, they action upon the plan collectively.

do you scream and shout at your employer then? how does that go for you?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Out

A tactician he may be but lacks man management skills , players confidence and morale are rock bottom , and he doesnt appear to have power to reverse that.
Yesterdays forward line was not premier league quality
Maupay , Trossard are championship players at best.
Connoly and Mac are league 1 at best.

Substitutions are always the wrong choice , and they never come out second half showing improvement , no fire no passion.
Lots of nice passing moves in the middle of the park is not going to keep us up .

So he can go for me , and take Ashworth with him , been a slow but steady decline in team performance since his arrival,
What does he actually do ?

ID give Lampard the job till end of season then if we stay up give him the gig,

and the pair of them, take tony with them? :nono:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Too late in day to change manager however do have some concerns.
Doesnt matter what people on here say Bernardo was outstanding at left back before Potter arrived. If he wanted to upgrade ok but for him to be kept out by a CB hard to understand. We now have a player that has played left back for his country and Burn still plays.
Speaks to his assistants a lot during games which makes you think not able to make decisions by himself.
I still think Alzate is a good central midfielder but dont understand playing him at left wing back
Hard to understand why has not sorted out defending from set plays
Fed up with hearing him say how well we have played and are learning. Especially after Sheffield game when all he did was praise opposition. Just like to hear him say sometimes we were not good enough.
If we were a mid table side Potter is your man. Sorry but in our position a Dyche or Aladyce would be better at keeping us up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here