Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out?

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You DO realise that you''ve gone a wee bit head-mental? Stalking a foreign manager? Haranguing
a foreign club's fans? Do you have a friend you could call? Or could mum let you out the basement as a cry for help? Let us know if we can help :thumbsup:

he does know a lot more about football than many on here

are you a local boy, tommy?

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given the age of most of them (not Welbeck obviously) they may well have significantly improved by this time next season.

Threatening to resign probably makes sense if your team is on the cusp of promotion and needs an extra push to get over the line. Particularly in the lower divisions where the sums of money involved are smaller.

At the moment I'd guess Potter and the rest of those involved think we have enough about us to stay up this season, and will expect the young players in the squad to kick on in following seasons.

Bringing in a proven Premier League goalscorer would cost a fortune even by football standards, and that sort of player is highly unlikely to want to come to Brighton or a team at our sort of level. Realistically we're alwaya going to be looking for players who have a given set of attributes (knowing what the goal looks like would be a good place to start) and who we think can make the grade in the PL. Unless a replacement manager brings £60million of his own money to the table that's not going to change.

Fair enough.

This is kind of what I was driving at. I think a much better question than Potter In/Out (which is as binary and divisive as Brexit) would be "is Graham Potter the best coach available for this group of players?"

I'd love to know what [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] 's answer to that would be. I'm assuming "yes" from his post this morning but I don't think "change the strikers" is a valid answer to Potter In/Out for the simple reason that I don't think we will.

What are you doing ? Why the digs about nationality ?

Because he’s NSC’s foremost bigot. Been making these comments against first and second generation Irish members of NSC for months and now I see he’s starting on the Scots

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
well, apparently a poster cannot be swedish, for example, but scottish is fine. struck me as a bit odd

Why can’t he be Swedish ? Swansman isn’t a Brighton fan. That’s the relevant bit, not his nationality. He has no interest in our club. His opinions are valid and interesting but must be viewed in this context on a Brighton message board. THPP is a long standing Brighton fan.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Didn’t GP keep us up last season, or was that a collective hallucination?

Yes he did. Same pretty football and told all the time we are learning. Year later plus 3 new experienced players Veltman,Lalana and Welbeck.. We have not improved. Sorry but this season we are lucky Sheffield and WBA are dreadful and Fulham had poor start. I would include Burnley and Palace but there managers know how to grind out results

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yes he did. Same pretty football and told all the time we are learning. Year later plus 3 new experienced players Veltman,Lalana and Welbeck.. We have not improved. Sorry but this season we are lucky Sheffield and WBA are dreadful and Fulham had poor start. I would include Burnley and Palace but there managers know how to grind out results

Well you suggested GP is not suited to a relegation battle. The fact he has kept us up once already indicates that is not the case.

Genuine question. We are in touching position of Burnley, Newcastle, Saints, Palace. Where do you think we should be in the league?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Yesterday we had two professional footballers fail to hit the target from a penalty and an incompetent referee disallowing a perfectly good goal. Inexcusable from professional footballers who kick a ball around all day and a professional referee who has all the tools he needs.

How anyone can blame the manager for these things is beyond me. And then the Palace game, we utterly dominated and got done by a sucker punch.

If this was a one off, then I think we would forgive and forget. Unfortunately it's been a pattern this season, leaving us in a very precarious spot.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Well you suggested GP is not suited to a relegation battle. The fact he has kept us up once already indicates that is not the case.

Genuine question. We are in touching position of Burnley, Newcastle, Saints, Palace. Where do you think we should be in the league?

Top....:drink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Entirely subjective, reminiscent of the pointless big club/little club debate and, I suspect, will be answered by anybody basis pre existing prejudices. Also somewhat irrelevant. A better question is how do you think the team will perform for the remainder of the season compared to the others. That’s all that matters.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I asked a binary question and didn't mention screaming or shouting Rog. I'll leave that to you Bear Pit regulars.

the most likely option is a consensus/tony says so, being forceful is probably unhelpful these days

how do you know i'm a regular? :blush:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Why can’t he be Swedish ? Swansman isn’t a Brighton fan. That’s the relevant bit, not his nationality. He has no interest in our club. His opinions are valid and interesting but must be viewed in this context on a Brighton message board. THPP is a long standing Brighton fan.

swanny is a trained coach?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here